Game Day: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't forget that Horse Head was the Senior Review Official for today's game.

Which makes it worse. An experienced first grade referee like Horsehead should not be making errors like that. I could understand if it was Perenara because we know he hates us and is just incompetent anyway, but Maxwell should be better than that.

I can fully understand why Annesley seems to have given up on the current state of the games referees. I really can.

We actually scored 4 tries to 3
We had a disallowed try that was a try
We missed 2 goals and had an 8 2 penalty count against us and only got beat by 1 point against the team running second. Although its a loss there is some positives to take from it. It definitely makes top 4 harder but we will make the semis and give this premiership a red hot crack!

Last edited:
4 tries to 3 - lost on goal kicking today - Garrick off target a little. Cust was good, but can stifle left side attack with Walker receiving little quality ball. On to Brookie and the Eels...

To be fair his kicks were from out wide. Hell, I've seen better credentialed kickers like Matty Ridge miss those (1995 World Cup Semi-final ring a bell? He shanked one badly from the same position Reuben had his kicks).

Surely those posers who insist Walker is our X-Factor will now see him for what he really is: overated, ill-disciplined and ineffective.
Im not a card carrying fan of Walker, but I felt through my view of the game he was targeted by the refs. He is marked ala Hopoate

That said - I would embrace the Ginga Ninja as a card carrying Ginga

We’re all a bit deflated but the team is still smashing expectations for this year. All grist for Dessie mill. Give him another off season and this team will be sharp and hard. Wouldn’t be surprised if we loose Siro and Cust to SOO next year.

We actually scored 4 tries to 3
We had a disallowed try that was a try
We missed 2 goals and hadvan 8 2 penalty count against us and only got beat by 1 point against the team running second. Although its a loss there is some positives to take from it. It definitely makes top 4 harder but we will make the semis and give this premiership a red hot crack!

100%
You only need to win 4 games straight to win a comp, and it is more possible than ever these days.
Momentum is everything.

Im not a card carrying fan of Walker, but I felt through my view of the game he was targeted by the refs. He is marked ala Hopoate
All the more reason to tone down any thoughts of pushing the envelope with the officials... but nope, the genius goes on pushing it and carries on self-righteously when the refs oblige.

Absolute ****ing stitch up, now I am sitting on the train at SOP station listening to toothless morons saying how great their **** of a team is....

What else can **** my Saturday

Game was there to be won, we blew it.
All the whingers on here blame the referees after every loss, wah wah we had our chances
What the hell is going on with Dylan Walker? He is playing like a park footballer...and that is being kind.
Onwards and upwards, missed a golden opportunity to break deep into Top 4
The refs did actually **** us though, disallowed fair try, 8-1 penalty count first half and the worst one a missed souths knock on into another South's player standing off side with less than 2 mins. We were robbed and should of won that.

The one thing I haven't seen much of (though he has actually done it) from Walker since his return is running straight. When he runs straight he is so much more effective with the ball. Unfortunately he has a tendency to run sideways a lot.

Run straighter young Walker. Run straighter.

As for his decence......give me Hank Scorpio defending there any day.

Refereeing sucked... for and against is at times... BUT we let ourselves down a lot in 1st half.... overall GREAT effort and I take a lot of positives and confidence out of this loss...

We have ourselves a REAL football team imo... gotta get those eels next week...

Shame
My hoodoo continues
9 straight defeats at anz since i became a member at anz hurts so bad right now
I can cop losing but being not given a fair run by the refs i can't
Boys did us proud
Parra i feel are in for a rough time next week, des will have us ready to go.
That hurts badly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7