Game Day: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just don't have Cust defending in the middle. For all his good points, Cust's defensive game reminds me of James Maloney, not that good. Oh he'll pull off a few good tackles, but he'll miss a few more.

I think that's why when Fainu went off Des opted for Croker at dummy half and defending in the middle of the field. His defensive game is better than Cust's.

Docker-clay played in the halves for Blacktown in the 2nd half, and defended in the middle third.

It is certainly an option.

We can complain about the refs and their disgraceful 8-2 penalty count against us but at the end of the day we did beat the refs out scoring the rabbits by 4 tries to three .
We also beat our selves with some inept play . If we played smarter we could have won the game .

Y
Not playing with enough direct hard running straightness---Siro and Thompson are the only two offering this consistently to break the shackles in games, Manly would be struggling without this impact.

Fainu offered nothing as expected, suffering cramp is another indicator that he is struggling with the pace of the game.(will look good when Manly dominate though)

Fainu shouldn't be on longer than 25mins at a time for effectiveness with Croker at the moment.
Yeah, the good news is that Croker looks like he can do a fantastic job at dummy half off the bench

Docker-clay played in the halves for Blacktown in the 2nd half, and defended in the middle third.

It is certainly an option.
If we only concede three tries to one of the comps best attacking sides we are fine to keep cust developing as a half in both attack and defence

We have been carrying Walker for the past 2 years, Not to mention the amount of money he has cost us. The amount of injuries he has had which were caused by his stupidity. If it were any other player they would be dropped or hounded. I’m totally over Walker and have been for a good while even way before his off field issues, Can’t wait to see him go and he can take his PlayStation with him. He ain’t manly and never has been. His skirt ain’t worth blowing wind up.
Yeah, we want him to do well but he continually disappoints unfortunately :(

Oh my bad i thought the post i replied to was agreeing with someone else’s post who said that cust isn’t good enough in defence. I thought that Docker-clay was suggested as a replacement for Cust for some reason

Would you expect anything different?
DCE gets crash tacked in the back after passing ball...that decision not to penalise tells you everything you need to know
One aspect of DCE's game that showed an improvement is that pass to Siro running the short side, too often DCE would run that sharp short side run and have the premeditated high risk hard face ball to the winger as his go to play, not reacting to the defence----this pass showed more composure.

Not to say the face ball option is never on but mix it up a little---playing to Siro now and more often will open up the face ball to the winger as a more high percentage play in the future compared to the predictable high risk in the past.

Yes, Rueben missed a few kicks, but it's blowing a gale in Sydney today and it wouldn't have been easy out there.
He took that bomb cleanly, too, before the Souths player stripped it out and knocked it forward to the other guy who was off side. Imagine the uproar if they'd blown that penalty though, and the Bunnies had gone down. Was never going to happen.
That was a shocking call, Souffs player stripped Reub forward into another Souffs player.

Knock on Manly ..... WTF

The stats claim that DCE didn't make one run nor gain one metre.
I've been watching this sport for 60 years and now I'm going to have to re-evaluate what a run is.

Apart from that stupid error from Marty he was strong today. Hopefully he makes up for it by smashing the slime into next week.
I felt so bad for him. He was one of the big reasons we were in it at all. Strong bullocking runs, getting the offloads to Fainu up the middle were superb. If the finger needs to be pointed at anyone it was the crab impersonating a football player at centre.

At some point players have to realize that club comes first. Hats off to Jamie Lyon.
Turbo plays jack shieite all season. Rushed back for origin then gets rested in a huge game.

Gives me the sheites....

The stats claim that DCE didn't make one run nor gain one metre.
I've been watching this sport for 60 years and now I'm going to have to re-evaluate what a run is.
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-17/rabbitohs-v-sea-eagles/

3 try assists, second most receipts after the hooker with 66, 117m run, 100% tackle efficiency on 22 tackles, 3 days after SOO - Chez is giving 100% :clap:

@Dan may get his stats from another source

Or Chez' hyphenated name cuts out the feed :p

At some point players have to realize that club comes first. Hats off to Jamie Lyon.
Turbo plays jack shieite all season. Rushed back for origin then gets rested in a huge game.

Gives me the sheites....
Probably rested more due to his injuries this season than fatigue based, Jake is the one who required resting after Origin.

Might be a case of Tom back for the next game and Jake rested this time around.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4