QLD Lockdown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The NRL has today placed all 16 clubs on Level 4 Biosecurity Protocols.

All clubs have been advised to inform their players to return to the team hotels and remain at the team hotels until further notice.

The NRL is working with the Queensland Government, clubs and broadcast partners to determine the best course of action for today’s matches.

Funny (not) that they wait till after the Broncs game/win last night to go into lockdown!

How could the players be allowed to leave the bubble on Wednesday....it beggars belief. This sucks big time :mad:

NRL emergency in wake of Queensland lockdown

The NRL could be forced to suspend matches this weekend with the Queensland Government announcing a lockdown in Brisbane.

David Riccio and Michael Carayannis
July 31, 2021 - 11:15AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The NRL are investigating the impact on the competition following an emergency lockdown declared by the Queensland Government.

Parts of Queensland will go into lockdown from 4pm today, as health officials confirm there are six new local cases of Covid-19 — all the highly infectious Delta strain.

Deputy Premier Steven Miles said the lockdown would start at 4pm on Saturday with the 11 local government areas (LGAs) already subject to mask requirements ordered to stay at home.

He said it would be the strictest lockdown Queensland has ever had.

Chief Health Officer Dr Jeanette Young said there would be no games.

“No, there will be no football matches,” Dr Young said.

“So, no community sport, no professional sport, nothing for the next three days. Starting as of 4pm today.”

V’landys said the NRL was trying to keep the games going, with a Suncorp Stadium double header scheduled for Saturday night.

“I am talking to the government,” he said.

Asked if the NRL will be shut down, V’landys said: “I don’t know. We are going through several options at the moment. We are trying to keep the games going.”

Read more:

THE 11 LGAs GOING INTO LOCKDOWN
  • City of Brisbane
  • Moreton Bay Regional Council
  • City of Gold Coast
  • City of Ipswich
  • Lockyer Valley Regional Council
  • Logan City
  • Noosa Shire Council
  • Redland City
  • Scenic Rim Regional Council
  • Somerset Regional Council
  • Sunshine Coast Regional Council

I wouldn't be surprised if the remainder of this weeks games are postponed a week or two and the NRL heads off to Perth or somewhere where the state government will allow the comp to go ahead as long as every game is played there including the grand final.

Queensland had the chance to have the grand final but that has gone now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the remainder of this weeks games are postponed a week or two and the NRL heads off to Perth or somewhere where the state government will allow the comp to go ahead as long as every game is played there including the grand final.

Queensland had the chance to have the grand final but that has gone now.

As if Adolf McGowan will let anyone in from a state that has more than 1 community case.

What's a lockdown?

I went to a water park today. Went on a crazy bunch of slides... didn't look too Manly on some.

No masks... strutted around with my double dosed vaccination smug look.

(all kidding aside - stay safe everyone)

I think the ratings are down for the Olympics, especially now that the swimming is all but over. I think this to benefit Channel 7 to give them more ammo to bid for the NRL.

Getting the point where we put another Asterix next to the 2021 season .. shame.

Tough situation indeed. I imagine if things are up in the air for a couple of weeks there may be more than the odd NRL player and/or family trying to bail out or simply going AWOL.
Very tough situation all round, it's getting to me lately and I'm not even in one Sydney's so-called LGAs of concern

If Queensland cant host it, I believe it would be fitting that NZ gets to host the remainder of the season after the sacrifices of the Warriors team.

What a bloody mess!! The premiers of the states impose lockdowns and close borders in a heart beat. no one is able to plan a bloody thing until the bulk of the population get vaccinated.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8