Pre-Match Manly v Dragons Round 20 at WIN Stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Midnight Rambler

'Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnly'
The only way we win this game, is if we put in an absolutely huge performance. Koroisau being out is a big loss, so Cullen needs to play out of his skin!

D

Deleted member 26876

The only way we win this game, is if we put in an absolutely huge performance. Koroisau being out is a big loss, so Cullen needs to play out of his skin!
I disagree, the Dragons aren't world beaters and we've improved a hell of a lot since we last played them (where we played lethargically). The boys will be playing to increase their chances of a top 4 finish and as far as I know we are a much better side than them, api is a big loss but Hastings and Cullen coming in nullifies that, Wright's loss is Parkers gain and he should be playing out of his skin.

The pack is the most vital asset in a game as they lay the platform, we've still got our pack and despite api's loss, both Cullen and Hastings can make some solid tackles up the middle and get the players running onto the ball so we should be just fine.

The backline has continually showed it has the ability to score (and to score plenty) without all the stars around them, eg the period without Trbo. So as long as the forwards arrive mentally we've got this one in the bag, should be a grinding match where we pick apart whatever determination they arrive with

I'm expecting manly to fire in this one after some gritty yet poor few weeks

D

Deleted member 26876

I haven't been more confident in a win as this game . Manly has improved massively, Saints are on the slide and wont match our intensity in this one .
Well said, my confidence has gone up throughout the week strangely enough although i always have had a feeling we'll win this one. Not long to wait now

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dugan ruled out for Dragons with hammy injury. That's great for us as he is their main weapon in attack from what I've seen of them the last few weeks. Without him they are much weaker I feel.

On the flipside we have lost BJ though so will need a new starting front rower - which looks like being Perrett with Kennedy coming onto bench. Dragqueens have a strong pack so that maeks it that little bit harder for us through the middle as Kapow and Brenton have been a great partnership as a starting pair.

http://www.nrl.com/dugan-out-of-sea-eagles-clash/tabid/10874/newsid/110255/default.aspx

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dugan ruled out for Dragons with hammy injury. That's great for us as he is their main weapon in attack from what I've seen of them the last few weeks. Without him they are much weaker I feel.

On the flipside we have lost BJ though so will need a new starting front rower - which looks like being Perrett with Kennedy coming onto bench. Dragqueens have a strong pack so that maeks it that little bit harder for us through the middle as Kapow and Brenton have been a great partnership as a starting pair.

http://www.nrl.com/dugan-out-of-sea-eagles-clash/tabid/10874/newsid/110255/default.aspx

Time for our younger forwards to step up.

BJ is a big loss but others will need to step up now

Don't feel confident about tomorrow at all

Last edited:

brad

First Grader

Mate i dont mind perrett and he's with us for a couple of years, so get him in there to rip in . Its a good thing for the future.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm just not sure Perrett has the same motor and leg drive as BJ has to grind out that first 20mins and lay a platform. We have been getting off to really great starts and that's mainly due to Kapow and BJ laying a really good foundation of go forward. I'd be more inclined to start Darcy with his superior experience in that role. He was really good last year starting for us and I think he goes a little stir crazy on the bench and then comes on and goes nuts - bit like a cattle dog you've kept cooped up in the back yard and finally let them out for a walk and they chase everything in sight and bark their heads off. Get Darcy in there early, I think he likes that traditional softening up period, suits his game more and he's a better defender I think - he would be a better foil for Kapow like BJ is. Perrett is more use when a bit of sting has gone out of it and he can look for those offloads.

Anyway I'm sure Baz has a plan.

D

Deleted member 26876

I'm just not sure Perrett has the same motor and leg drive as BJ has to grind out that first 20mins and lay a platform. We have been getting off to really great starts and that's mainly due to Kapow and BJ laying a really good foundation of go forward. I'd be more inclined to start Darcy with his superior experience in that role. He was really good last year starting for us and I think he goes a little stir crazy on the bench and then comes on and goes nuts - bit like a cattle dog you've kept cooped up in the back yard and finally let them out for a walk and they chase everything in sight and bark their heads off. Get Darcy in there early, I think he likes that traditional softening up period, suits his game more and he's a better defender I think - he would be a better foil for Kapow like BJ is. Perrett is more use when a bit of sting has gone out of it and he can look for those offloads.

Anyway I'm sure Baz has a plan.
Yes darcy should be starting, Perrett is an impact player not a grinding player as you mentioned. Really hope baz switches it around

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Screenshot_2017-07-22-14-46-13.png

Last edited:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
wow, the team looks a bit different to the one at the start of the season.

Outs:

Apisai Koroisau,
Brenton Lawrence,
Matthew Wright
Jorge Taufua
curtis sironen
lewis brown

@cherry_poppins BJ is here till the end of the year. I think he is injured for this game

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13