Pre-Match Manly v Dragons Round 20 at WIN Stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
D

Deleted member 26876

I really do think you're in for a shock this week Turbo, our pack still contains Taupau, AFB, Perrett, Lane for impact and talent (offloads, line running) as well as both Winterstein who's ever-improving (great line-running himself) and Lussick (who has a point to prove). The bench is still pretty normal and both Api and Wright's replacement's being natural replacements.

**** bogey teams, it's all in our heads. As far as I know this side can belt any team in the comp, no exceptions. If the players turn up mentally we've got it in the bag and I reckon we'll be on fire after a few gutsy yet poor weeks

Stop believing we'll fall over, have belief, your 'realistic' comments (although appreciated by me) are by no means realistic, we have a bloody good side here. Unexperienced, yes, do we give a ****, no... Go manly

Some stats do lie! To even call it a stat you would want a decent sample size. It might be 15 years but how many times have we actually played there in that period. It's not that many games.
I'm not denying that we have had a match up problem with the Dragons overall but the WIN hoodoo is over blown.
OK I agree with you there. I looked into the circumstances surrounding this WIN hoodoo and can put things into perspective. When we got smashed by saints in 2005 and 2009 at WIN, they ended up 2nd and 1st respectively on the ladder whilst we ended up 8th and 5th. Likewise in 2015 when the scores were a bit closer (12-4) saints ended up 5th whilst we ended up 9th. So each time we played them there they were in the end a better team. I guess I stand corrected. So in light of this information I feel more confident coming home with the spoils.

D

Deleted member 26876

OK I agree with you there. I looked into the circumstances surrounding this WIN hoodoo and can put things into perspective. When we got smashed by saints in 2005 and 2009 at WIN, they ended up 2nd and 1st respectively on the ladder whilst we ended up 8th and 5th. Likewise in 2015 when the scores were a bit closer (12-4) saints ended up 5th whilst we ended up 9th. So each time we played them there they were in the end a better team. I guess I stand corrected. So in light of this information I feel more confident coming home with the spoils.
That sure explains it a little, good post

I go into this one with little expectation. I can't get a real solid feel on where things will be with the lineup disruption. It will be much clearer after 80 mins.

A win, will really go a long way in the top four chances and give me confidence for the coming weeks. I can see both the team coming out and putting on a clinic, just as much as i can see them falling to their knees and getting a real wake up call. Hopefully it is the clinic we see come game time.

I'm really looking for those being given an opportunity to really stand up and show their worth. If they do, then the two points should be in the bag and confidence going into the storm game will be high. I'd much rather not limp into the next few rounds. It'd be nice to be "safe" with a few rounds to go and be able to rest any niggles, rather than have to limp into the big show.

Bring on a solid win!

Holmsey

Bencher
I really do think you're in for a shock this week Turbo, our pack still contains Taupau, AFB, Perrett, Lane for impact and talent (offloads, line running) as well as both Winterstein who's ever-improving (great line-running himself) and Lussick (who has a point to prove). The bench is still pretty normal and both Api and Wright's replacement's being natural replacements.

**** bogey teams, it's all in our heads. As far as I know this side can belt any team in the comp, no exceptions. If the players turn up mentally we've got it in the bag and I reckon we'll be on fire after a few gutsy yet poor weeks

Stop believing we'll fall over, have belief, your 'realistic' comments (although appreciated by me) are by no means realistic, we have a bloody good side here. Unexperienced, yes, do we give a ****, no... Go manly
If we win ill make a thread of how surprised and shocked i am, you can hold me to that.

D

Deleted member 26876

If we win ill make a thread of how surprised and shocked i am, you can hold me to that.
This game is more crucial than it was before due to the results of the round, hopefully the boys are ready to fire against the dragons

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think we'll win in a canter. The St. Choke is real. Their gorne.
The following week is a completely different story. Even with Smith and Slater gone, those little up and coming f@ckers they've got will keep us busy.
Anyway as the cliche goes, game at a time.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
No one has ever won thinking they have no change of winning . NO ONE !!!
Going into a game without confidence is like going to war without a loaded gun
No one believed that our team would be flying high into the top 4 this season except for our players the coach and all the true believers .
To all the doubters out there .......
The top 4 Victorious Manly Sea eagles will triumph once again !!!
1492781849129.png

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
We have:

Brett Stewart
Steve Matai
Jorge Taufua
Matthew Wright
Brenton Lawrence
Api Koroisou
Curtis Sironen
Lewis Brown

all out. If Barrett (and I think we are a chance) can get us up given this toll, not only should he be instantly re-signed, but give the guy the key to the City of The Northern ****ing Beaches !
You make a good point although Brett Stewart Steve Matai and Lewis Brown have not played at all this year ;)

Class of 96

Bencher
We have:

Brett Stewart
Steve Matai
Jorge Taufua
Matthew Wright
Brenton Lawrence
Api Koroisou
Curtis Sironen
Lewis Brown

all out. If Barrett (and I think we are a chance) can get us up given this toll, not only should he be instantly re-signed, but give the guy the key to the City of The Northern ****ing Beaches !

And your point is?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
1. We have a huge injury toll;
2. I actually think Barrett can still steer us to a win against the odds;
3. If he does, he deserves a lot of praise.

Not sure what your issue is with what I have said?
Well said Ryan !!!

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not a lot of depth at prop to replace Lussick with - who did you have in mind ? Paseka ?? might still be a bit raw.

Maybe Tanginoa will come into the mix before kick off tomorrow - big unit with NRL experience. Is he playing for Blacktown right now ??
Under the new rules this year we couldn't sneak someone in who hasn't been named earlier in the week. However I suspect both Tanginoa and Paseka will get a run over the next few weeks.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18