PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've shown a little more patience and understanding with Des's selections over the past 4 weeks than some while still frustrated at those selections.
I mean I haven't yet resorted to calling him a moronic, devoid of ideas, has been idiot like some.
That said I fully expect changes to kick in this week depending on injuries and availability. I hope and look forward to his team announcements this week.
Then again the players I expected to come into the side didn't put their hand up for blackthorn either.

Though I could just be a moronic idiot to think so.

Cheers

I've shown a little more patience and understanding with Des's selections over the past 4 weeks than some while still frustrated at those selections.
I mean I haven't yet resorted to calling him a moronic, devoid of ideas, has been idiot like some.
That said I fully expect changes to kick in this week depending on injuries and availability. I hope and look forward to his team announcements this week.
Then again the players I expected to come into the side didn't put their hand up for blackthorn either.

Though I could just be a moronic idiot to think so.

Cheers
Here is my perspective from a passionate fan view

This may be only round four and only four humiliating all time club record thrashings but Realistically this is our consecutive 12 thrashings in a row

Our Legendary club has high standards and expectation and so do all proud supporters

If our coach and players want our respect they wont be getting it with 12 unacceptable mediocre performances and record loses that shame our club

And Just like we kiss our coach and players arses and sing their praises when they do the club proud
We also kick their arses when they continue to bring our club down with mediocre displays

The moral of the story
In the end we all get what we deserve

Cheers

Circuit breaker is to get rid of the blokes who shouldnt be near a first grade side and have proven it over the last couple of years( there are at least five ). Send them straight to Blacktown today and don’t resign them. Replace them with younger players that haven’t been given a proper chance like Guaca , Tippytoes , Harper, Fainu etc

That does two things
1. Buys some time with the fans as they will at least be recognising we are trying our youth as the losses will in all likelihood continue.

2. If those young guys don’t cut the mustard and show a little improvement at first grade level given almost a full season then we know exactly what is required in regard to reshaping the squad at years end.

The way it is we not only get flogged each week playing guys with no future but we also have no idea of the capabilities of our young guys so trying to create a top 30 going forward is impossible.

This is going to be a nightmare season. At least learn something from the rubble rather than keep shoving proven untalented players down our throat.

There are only so many **** sandwiches fans will devour without change.
I’m surprised Des hasn’t realised trying youth for the reasons above may give him a chance of keeping his highly paid job as well as the fans will be more forgiving.
I can take the losses if it’s young blokes getting experience, and I think most fans would allow some latitude if that were the case.

But this is Des , and I just don’t think it’s in him to make wholesale changes.

But let’s see!!

At the moment The Warriors will treat our game like a training run
Because Des has run out of Ideas

But if Des gets his mojo back Manly are back

Manly 32
Warriors 6
His mojo used by date was long ago but like milk that goes off it has a terrible taste !!!

His mojo used by date was long ago but like milk that goes off it has a terrible taste !!!
Ah feathered friend !

Always look at the bright side
Did you know that you can make great buttermilk and sour cream with the milk that has gone off . So all is not lost and .....
Where there is life there is hope and Des is not dead yet
Because us supporters have not killed him yet :)

Hope I'm wrong but I would put some coin on AFB schooling us on exactly how a well paid starting prop should play.
Marty and Addin are probably on very similar $$ not too sure about Aloiai or Keppie but Paseka is good $$$'s, and not on low $$ like Aloiai, Toff or Keppie

I'm heading to this game and very likely will be my last for the season since I can't stomach seeing the team flogged each week with no improvement in sight. I do expect us to be flogged again and prepared for that already. If I had of knew the team would be this bad I would have not pre purchased these tickets before any ball was kicked this year.

Huge game for sure. Most people expected us to be 1-3 at best, turns out we are 0-4 and got flogged in each match. Yes the Warriors have been admirable but it is step down in class from last week, we need to not just compete but to come away with an upset win.
How we do that I don't know and don't care, just get it done. Warriors are beatable.
In our past heavy loses we have not been competing but capitulating badly

In all our past record thrashings Des could not even get our team to compete

When was the last game where our team showed a sign of resilience and made a game of it instead of a shame of it and getting thrashed ? Long long time ago !

If we are going to make progress we need to compete in games and build resilience and if we can do that we can start to build wins !

I don't give us any chance of a win next week but hopefully we can stay within 20 points on the scoreboard.
The Dogs have the Storm and would expect a 50 point win to the Storm there allowing us to jump to 15th.
How sad is it that could be the highlight of the first 1/4 of the season.
Woohoo 15th ;)

.....next weeks team selection will show where Des’s head is at & whether there is any hope of a recovery. If he persists with the same players / team selection then he’s lost all respect as far as I’m concerned. It’ll prove he doesn’t give a $hit about the clubs situation.
Apart from adding some different ( & far from bluechip quality) backs and swapping Cust and Crokers position ,there isn't a hell of alot Des can do .
We are decimated with injuries and have SFA on the shelves.
Our forwards are underperforming and stocks are all used up.

The expectations are that we have to turn things around but let me ask this ,

If there’s disharmony in the camp this won’t happen unless there’s a circuit breaker, so what’s that to be??
No one ever quite says where the disharmony is but my guess it's not the younguns but the journeyman types who've been busting a gut only for the seriously overpaid to not be doing their jobs. I suspect it'd be the same in pretty much any workplace.

No one ever quite says where the disharmony is but my guess it's not the younguns but the journeyman types who've been busting a gut only for the seriously overpaid to not be doing their jobs. I suspect it'd be the same in pretty much any workplace.
It’s somewhere , I reckon you can see it in their faces.

Do we have any 'journeymen'?

whether Manly are irreparably damaged or just an ordinary team.

These Warriors are five grades below any of the teams we have played. If we get smoked by this bunch then we may as well go out any buy our wooden spoons before the end of round 5.

With all the talk of the NRL expanding and not tolerating mediocrity you can bet this clubs days are numbered. If they can’t get up for this then the only hope is a stay of execution and a brand new set of players to represent the jersey.

Fire up you idiots!

NYEagle

These Warriors are five grades below any of the teams we have played. If we get smoked by this bunch then we may as well go out any buy our wooden spoons before the end of round 5.

With all the talk of the NRL expanding and not tolerating mediocrity you can bet this clubs days are numbered. If they can’t get up for this then the only hope is a stay of execution and a brand new set of players to represent the jersey.

Fire up you idiots!

NYEagke
5 grades ahead of Manly maybe

Fire up you idiots!

NYEagke
Didn’t we say that prior to playing St George?

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8