PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Underestimating the warriors... nice
Have you watched them play this year? I just don’t know how you can rate them 5 grades below all the teams we’ve versed. They are definitely good enough to fight for a spot in the 8 this year.
Yeah rorters had no Keary but warriors defence showed a lot of resistance...

I am hoping for our first W but I ain't expecting it...

GC the following week and I reckon we are probs 0-6 to start our season and going into a game against tigpies who we have a terrible record against and then Panthers again...

stating the bloody obvious but sh1t we need a win this week...

I think we will get pumped... But I'm not totally doom and gloom on des just yet.. I still think the old boy can get it together... He's NEVER been quick to blood juniors, he sat buhrer on the bench for 2 games without putting him on the park ffs . He needs to adapt to the 6 against for sure, but I would be more than happy to see Desmond see out his contract and see what he can do with his back against the wall..
Apart from Bennet Bellamy and Robinson, who else has a career with 2 grand final wins and 5 gf appearances over 2 clubs??
We're In a funk and we need to adapt, my money is on seeing positive changes by the end of the season ..

Yeah rorters had no Keary but warriors defence showed a lot of resistance...

I am hoping for our first W but I ain't expecting it...

GC the following week and I reckon we are probs 0-6 to start our season and going into a game against tigpies who we have a terrible record against and then Panthers again...

stating the bloody obvious but sh1t we need a win this week...
I don’t think our first win will come to round 13.

And then shafted by last years wooden spooners in round 14.

Exciting times ahead.

d19vd4b-0e0b2390-6fe4-4ddd-b28c-7b73d7c46614.jpg

I'm heading to this game and very likely will be my last for the season since I can't stomach seeing the team flogged each week with no improvement in sight. I do expect us to be flogged again and prepared for that already. If I had of knew the team would be this bad I would have not pre purchased these tickets before any ball was kicked this year.
I cannot watch this game live and that may be a good omen. Tge last game I didn’t watch live was our game v Parra at brookie last year and we won. I could count on one hand how many games I’ve not watched live in the past ten years.

I don’t think our first win will come to round 13.

And then shafted by last years wooden spooners in round 14.

Exciting times ahead.
Gee Mark are you trying to win the prize for most doom and gloom Silvertail poster? Lol. I’m worried about your state of mind bud. Your posts seem get lower and lower in the pits of despair. It is tough times for sure but we’ll get a W soon. Hopefully the Warriors this week.

I have never seen a Manly team that lacks resilience as much as this team and has capitulated 12 games in a row

Every week for the past 12 thrashings Des sits in the press conference and says we need to do this and we need to do that

Well Des , Start doing your Job and do it !
We capitulated and still beat the Dogs!

Marty and Paseka need to run the ball straight and hard they were a disgrace last week combined they didn’t even run over 100 metres !!!

Our forwards need to lift if we don’t move forward our backline and halves can’t do anything !!!

Aloiai and Keppie run like machines if they get help we will start winning games

Marty and Paseka need to run the ball straight and hard they were a disgrace last week combined they didn’t even run over 100 metres !!!

Our forwards need to lift if we don’t move forward our backline and halves can’t do anything !!!

Aloiai and Keppie run like machines if they get help we will start winning games
Ummm the forwards have all been running hard & making meters since the season started mate! It’s the backs that have let them down! Marty & Paseka had quietish games against Penrith but were awesome the week before. It’s the backs that need to lift!

Parker has been okay defensively, made to look better because of the atrocious defence of others. BUT! He has dropped the ball at least once in every game, is slower than many opposition forwards, and offers very little in attack. Surely, Tuipulotu, Harper, or Funa comes in.

Pedestrian and Predictable Parker is one of the most underwhelming back line players that I have ever seen . There is more potential in Tippitoes and Harper

The question I ask ,......
If Des does not have faith in the rest of the 30 man squad

Then Why have them there taking cap space instead of signing better potential inexpensive players like the Storm do and Bellamy lifts and gets them best out of them ?

Ummm the forwards have all been running hard & making meters since the season started mate! It’s the backs that have let them down! Marty & Paseka had quietish games against Penrith but were awesome the week before. It’s the backs that need to lift!

It all comes back to Des

As a team we look down and out and lost

Des needs to get the team gelling with the right team selections and * lift all players as one* !!!

Dear Des ....
Raise our Team from the dead end of the NRL ladder
Or take Your Agent George Mimis with you to Greece for a retirement holiday

2020 LADDER
TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers4400948
2Rabbitohs4301546
3Eels3300366
4Raiders4301336
5Roosters3201664
6Storm4202364
7Sharks4202264
8Dragons3201194
9Titans4202194
10Knights3201164
11Warriors3201124
12Broncos4103-302
13Tigers3102-482
14Cowboys4004-1050
15Bulldogs4004-1060
16Sea Eagles4004-1220

Haha not a chance Marty and Paseka ran hard against Souths but since then they have gone missing !!! Paseka I’m really disappointed with two weeks in a row Aloiai and Keppie have run more metres with less minutes !!!

So, if Turbo, Jorge and Guacamole are available as suggested in the tele today ... My team to upset the numbnuts would be ..

Tom
Jorge/Suli
Walker
Parker
Garrick
Foran
DCE
Jake
Guacamole
Schuster
Paseka
Cust