PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am going for a variation of the above. Starting Keppie as prop, Aloiai as a backrower and Cust as hooker. Dropping/benching both centres as well.

1. Tevita Funa

2. Jason Saab

3. Dylan Walker

4. Morgan Harper

5. Reuben Garrick

6. Kieran Foran

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Sean Keppie

9. Cade Cust

10. Taniela Paseka

11. Josh Aloiai

12. Josh Schuster

13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker

15. Toafofoa Sipley

16. Martin Taupau

17. Jack Gosiewski/Brad Parker
I like this side, although it’d be nice to name a team without Croker... unfortunately he’s necessary until Lawton is available.

If Haumole is fit I’d push Aloiai back into the front row rotation and drop Jetski from the bench.

Turbo comes straight in for Funa when he’s available, too, leave Harper and Walker in the centres for the rest of the year.

Given Des will not make changes, which would of been very genius and innovative idea if he was to, I still cannot stomach a team that still mentions Garrick / Croker / Jetski
I get it mate. I have the same issues as you with those players. My preference would be to send those three to Blacktown as well BUT this team is chosen on pragmatic realism, based on our depth, injuries and Penn's & Haslers most recent comments.

1.Funa (Basics Tevita,basics.)
2.Parker .(Parker shifts to Winger ,as is one of our only backs left who can tackle )
3.Walker
4.Harper
5.Tuipulotu (Earn your spot ,you dont need to do much to be better than those previous 2)
6.Foran
7.Cust
8.Whoopi Goldberg (Marty's last start if he doesnt bend the line and make at least 100m)
9.Dce ( -Has to just give good service,tackle arse off and thats it)
10.Keppie
11.Aloia
12.Schuster (prefer Josh at 6 ,but we have no -one better available at 2nd row)
13.Jake (C) Lead son.

14.Paseka
15.Sipley
16.Gosiewski
17.Burbo
see where your heading, but what about switching 12 & 13. Jake spends more time trying to play a half than a forward, why not let a ball player play that role? Worst case if it don't work out they can switch back? Burbo can't play before July anyway as can't Saddler, given 1st July I'd be rushing both into the bench.

Thoughts on Marty, seems like he doesn't give a rats with no intensity, obviously focusing on his next contract with Cronulla? Must have an injury clause?

Funa
Saab
Walker
Harper
Garrick
Foz
Chez
Paseka
Cust
Taupau
Aloiai
Schuster
Jake

Croker
Keppie
Sipley
Saddler/ Jetski

With all the talk suggesting Turbo won't be back until round six, no fit back rowers, and Penn suggesting changes to the team. How might we line up next week?

Harper/Funa
Saab
Walker
Funa/Tuipulotu/Harper
Garrick
Foran
DCE
Marty
Cust
Aloiai
Schuster
Gojetski
Jake

Paseka
Toff
Keppie
Parker
Looks like injuries is the only way Toff will get a run!

I think Suli will be OK. His injury was reported as a knee to the lower back, so unless I've missed some updates I expect he will be fine. Susan / Lance dislocated shoulder so he'll miss a week at least you would think.

Will Des make any major changes ?? If history is any guide I'd say no. Same team, Jetski to start on edge and Guaca to bench if he is fit. Otherwise Sippers I suppose.

Some reports saying Horhay may be fit too ??

1.Funa (Basics Tevita,basics.)
2.Parker .(Parker shifts to Winger ,as is one of our only backs left who can tackle )
3.Walker
4.Harper
5.Tuipulotu (Earn your spot ,you dont need to do much to be better than those previous 2)
6.Foran
7.Cust
8.Whoopi Goldberg (Marty's last start if he doesnt bend the line and make at least 100m)
9.Dce ( -Has to just give good service,tackle arse off and thats it)
10.Keppie
11.Aloia
12.Schuster (prefer Josh at 6 ,but we have no -one better available at 2nd row)
13.Jake (C) Lead son.

14.Paseka
15.Sipley
16.Gosiewski
17.Burbo
Pretty good

who is the goal kicker?

The team that Des will most likely pick:

01. Dylan Walker
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Toafofoa Sipley
16. Sean Keppie
17. Josh Aloiai

The team that Des will most likely pick:

01. Dylan Walker
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Toafofoa Sipley
16. Sean Keppie
17. Josh Aloiai
That's a much better lineup. Great pick @Jethro. Such a potent backline, class halves and powerf......wait what !?!?

I like this side, although it’d be nice to name a team without Croker... unfortunately he’s necessary until Lawton is available.

If Haumole is fit I’d push Aloiai back into the front row rotation and drop Jetski from the bench.

Turbo comes straight in for Funa when he’s available, too, leave Harper and Walker in the centres for the rest of the year.

Yes I like this side start with bench

Here is an example of a person performing above their weight
Something our coach has not been able to do with our players

NO EXCUSES

WAKE UP DES AND GET US A WIN !!!

20080727-nyc-half-marathon-22-one-legged-runner-53-minutes-in.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8