PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So next week we face the Warriors. This is a clash between two sides at the opposite ends of the effort spectrum( never thought I’d say that about the warriors).

The last two seasons have seen them overcome incredible odds to be competitive almost every week with an average roster on paper.

They have recognised the need for speed and direct play despite having halves on paper who appear average. Nikorima is now a better player under the rules because his speed is being rewarded as he attacks retreating defences.

Other than the “effort” difference next week ,we will once again face an elite back three again in RTS , Fus and Mamalo. Speed and power to burn. This v Garrick, Saab and Walker. Rugby League 2021 v 2019.

This could define the season. Capitulation and it’s going to be a total nightmare.On the other hand show some resolve at Gosford , welcome Tom back soon and at least not embarrass ourselves weekly could be the result.

And PLEASE if we do get smashed on the edges surely the old school view of what a backline looks like in 2021 has to go. The joke that is our three quarters can’t go on.

I think Des could be playing for his future next week.

Huge game for sure. Most people expected us to be 1-3 at best, turns out we are 0-4 and got flogged in each match. Yes the Warriors have been admirable but it is step down in class from last week, we need to not just compete but to come away with an upset win.
How we do that I don't know and don't care, just get it done. Warriors are beatable.

I think much like this weeks game the Warriors will treat our game like a training run.

They’ll go hard and get 3 or 4 try’s on the board , then take the pedal off.

If needed they’ll go back to normal transmission later in the game otherwise just cruise to the line.

Warriors 32
Manly 6

Yes they are beatable. That’s why a flogging .if it occurs, can’t happen without massive repercussions in regard to who runs out in RD6.

St George was also a huge class drop. We were flogged.

No more bull**** excuses. If we get towelled up four or five must be relegated - or the coach.

I don't give us any chance of a win next week but hopefully we can stay within 20 points on the scoreboard.
The Dogs have the Storm and would expect a 50 point win to the Storm there allowing us to jump to 15th.
How sad is it that could be the highlight of the first 1/4 of the season.

So next week we face the Warriors. This is a clash between two sides at the opposite ends of the effort spectrum( never thought I’d say that about the warriors).

The last two seasons have seen them overcome incredible odds to be competitive almost every week with an average roster on paper.

They have recognised the need for speed and direct play despite having halves on paper who appear average. Nikorima is now a better player under the rules because his speed is being rewarded as he attacks retreating defences.

Other than the “effort” difference next week ,we will once again face an elite back three again in RTS , Fus and Mamalo. Speed and power to burn. This v Garrick, Saab and Walker. Rugby League 2021 v 2019.

This could define the season. Capitulation and it’s going to be a total nightmare.On the other hand show some resolve at Gosford , welcome Tom back soon and at least not embarrass ourselves weekly could be the result.

And PLEASE if we do get smashed on the edges surely the old school view of what a backline looks like in 2021 has to go. The joke that is our three quarters can’t go on.

I think Des could be playing for his future next week.

LOL, we were 0-3. and the gave him a contract extension didn't they?
At 0-5 they will probably give him a pay rise.

Has it not occurred to people that the club owners simply don't care and Des's future is as secure as ever.

Odds on we were going to be 2 from 5 at the start this year.
We jag a win this weekend ,we will really only be one game out from where we were always going to start this year.
Onward and upwards you muppets.(The team I mean ,not us muppets)

Yes they are beatable. That’s why a flogging .if it occurs, can’t happen without massive repercussions in regard to who runs out in RD6.

St George was also a huge class drop. We were flogged.

No more bull**** excuses. If we get towelled up four or five must be relegated - or the coach.

They are beatable but be real we do not have a team capable of beating anyone.

How can you play with with Parker, Croker, Boyle, Goseweiski & Garrick and be competitive?

Every week dropped balls, forward passes. missed tackles, shadow chasing, consistently poor judgement calls.

Parker & Croker must be the slowest Centre/Winger in the NRL.

If a guy can't play at this level he can't play at this level.

No amounts of ummm, errrr, aahhh, (facescratch), ummm, ummm, errr, (play with hair), aaah, ummm , ummm , (combination face scratch, play with hair), ummm, umm from the coach is going to change that.

The expectations are that we have to turn things around but let me ask this ,

If there’s disharmony in the camp this won’t happen unless there’s a circuit breaker, so what’s that to be??

The team that Des will most likely pick:

01. Dylan Walker
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Cade Cust
15. Toafofoa Sipley
16. Sean Keppie
17. Josh Aloiai
Agree & we’ll get pumped again! To be honest I’m over Des & his selection policy. I’m at the point where I really don’t give a $hit if we win or lose. The club has lost me......

Circuit breaker is to get rid of the blokes who shouldnt be near a first grade side and have proven it over the last couple of years( there are at least five ). Send them straight to Blacktown today and don’t resign them. Replace them with younger players that haven’t been given a proper chance like Guaca , Tippytoes , Harper, Fainu etc

That does two things
1. Buys some time with the fans as they will at least be recognising we are trying our youth as the losses will in all likelihood continue.

2. If those young guys don’t cut the mustard and show a little improvement at first grade level given almost a full season then we know exactly what is required in regard to reshaping the squad at years end.

The way it is we not only get flogged each week playing guys with no future but we also have no idea of the capabilities of our young guys so trying to create a top 30 going forward is impossible.

This is going to be a nightmare season. At least learn something from the rubble rather than keep shoving proven untalented players down our throat.

There are only so many **** sandwiches fans will devour without change.
I’m surprised Des hasn’t realised trying youth for the reasons above may give him a chance of keeping his highly paid job as well as the fans will be more forgiving.

Last edited:
Agree & we’ll get pumped again! To be honest I’m over Des & his selection policy. I’m at the point where I really don’t give a $hit if we win or lose. The club has lost me......
If that’s the side , and it will be , Warriors by 16.

I think much like this weeks game the Warriors will treat our game like a training run.

They’ll go hard and get 3 or 4 try’s on the board , then take the pedal off.

If needed they’ll go back to normal transmission later in the game otherwise just cruise to the line.

Warriors 32
Manly 6
At the moment The Warriors will treat our game like a training run
Because Des has run out of Ideas

But if Des gets his mojo back Manly are back

Manly 32
Warriors 6

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts