PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Penrith v Manly [Round 12, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think this will be a tough game honesty . We are down Jake and Parker , but Garrick moves to centres and the Mansour lookalike comes in against a depleted riff side . More confident about this one then most games we've played.
There backline is horrible we should smash them.. yeo im the centers, all we need is a few nice short kicks behind there defense line.
I feel very confident as well we just need to contain Maloney he usually steps up when Cleary is out. We also need a big game from fainu hes been very lazy last few games.

I’m torn now, have picked the Panthers in the footy tipping but their side is a bit “ how’s your father” as well.

That Panthers side would have to be the worst collective bunch of footballers to play a game in the NRL all year.

Even most of the Super League teams would smoke them. Manly should win this if they are anywhere close to being 100 percent switched on.

Looking forward to this game despite the injuries and SOO. Normally I hate watching us against the Panfers but keen to see
How Waddell goes at lock a full 80?
The Deli playing Center rather than wing
Walker should be better for 2 runs and hopefully Des has sorted his running in Defence.
Miski back hopefully we get to see some finishes
Another chance for the General to show his wears after being a little down last week.

Kapow AFB and API should handle their opposites, so my eyes will be on Fainu, Boyle to see if they lift and ?????? ends up on the bench.

To top it all off @Mark from Brisbane has tipped the Riff, couldn't ask for better, really looking forward to a win Thursday..

My biggest concern is Maloney. Looking at the current situation out there and it's clear that hes been hung out to dry by the 2 Cleary's love in somewhat.
Recon he could be in for a big display to say to the world it isn't me that's struggling it's the coaches boy that need a rest.
I hope not but stranger things have happened.

I've been a Maloney fan for a long time.
Success seems to follow him, which says a lot.

But England is calling now.

What happened to Jake? doesn't say he's out injured on the NRL site?
Manly Sea Eagles
Sea Eagles centre Brad Parker showed his toughness by playing with a broken jaw in Friday night’s match at Lottoland. Despite his obvious pain and discomfort, Parker played strongly against the Titans and scored a try.

Early indications are that Parker will be out for 4-6 weeks.

• Tom Trbojevic (hamstring, round 12)
  • Lachlan Croker (hamstring, round 12)
  • Trent Hodkinson (knee, round 12)
  • Daly Cherry-Evans (ankle, round 12-14)
  • Moses Suli (broken finger, round 14)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (knee, season)
  • Albert Hopoate (knee, season)
  • Brad Parker (jaw, round 18)
Some big names coming back hopefully. If they are back I'm a little more optimistic.
What about Funa and Koala (sic)? What injuries do they have and will we see them this season?

Wasn't Fisher-Harris knocked senseless last match?
Yet he's been selected this week.
Is the NRL really serious about concussion?

Maloney did his best work last year when Cleary was out. He may also have a point to prove.....may ??.....from what I've seen of him this year his care factor is down near zero so let's hope it stays that way. He has been bog average

My big concern is Kikau running at Walker - our RHS defence was crap agianst the GC. Kikau is a beast when on, but for some reason Cleary has been brushing him most of the year. Hopefully Maloney doesn't decide to try and get the best from him this week.

Hmmm could go either way this game.

Clearly played hard last week to get a spot in SOO.

Their team is weak, but ours has its issues.

Need LG and Cust to lift this game, as Maloney could take the game from us.

I reckon the game plan will be to smash them up the middle, and make big metres through Api and Fainu. Then attack Naden through Walker on the edge.

I think if we can get 12 in front by the half, we should have the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8