PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Penrith v Manly [Round 12, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What happened to Jake? doesn't say he's out injured on the NRL site?
Manly Sea Eagles
Sea Eagles centre Brad Parker showed his toughness by playing with a broken jaw in Friday night’s match at Lottoland. Despite his obvious pain and discomfort, Parker played strongly against the Titans and scored a try.

Early indications are that Parker will be out for 4-6 weeks.

• Tom Trbojevic (hamstring, round 12)
  • Lachlan Croker (hamstring, round 12)
  • Trent Hodkinson (knee, round 12)
  • Daly Cherry-Evans (ankle, round 12-14)
  • Moses Suli (broken finger, round 14)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (knee, season)
  • Albert Hopoate (knee, season)
  • Brad Parker (jaw, round 18)
Some big names coming back hopefully. If they are back I'm a little more optimistic.

Manly Sea Eagles
Sea Eagles centre Brad Parker showed his toughness by playing with a broken jaw in Friday night’s match at Lottoland. Despite his obvious pain and discomfort, Parker played strongly against the Titans and scored a try.

Some big names coming back hopefully. If they are back I'm a little more optimistic.

Jake has Origin duties

Just read that tommy may make the switch to centres until fulli sulli is fit

If he plays i definitely feel more confident and having him there wouldnt force him to do those long fullback run-backs

I’d hope we don’t go down that route

Elliott can play centre adequately, and there have been a few occasions the last few games where there has been half a gap there that Elliott just can’t quite take that Tom would be able too

With this amount of time off, and already learning the lesson once, he won’t be taking the field unless those hammies are 100% sorted you’d hope

I’d hope we don’t go down that route

Elliott can play centre adequately, and there have been a few occasions the last few games where there has been half a gap there that Elliott just can’t quite take that Tom would be able too

With this amount of time off, and already learning the lesson once, he won’t be taking the field unless those hammies are 100% sorted you’d hope

Id say its in hope of him getting fit for origin mate needs some game time with the band aided team we have if hes good to go ill take him back asap !

Turbo at centre may not be such a bad thing. Less strain on the hammies I would suggest.

Do we really think he will be back this week ? It'd be nice if true, without Parker and Suli we are desperate for some outside backs

We will have to get on top of them early and stay there. Marty and AFB's first stints are crucial, I hope we have a bit of possession while they are on the park. Hopefully Marty is given more minutes. For mine a lot of our chances will come down to GoJetski or Waddell's ability to fill in for Jake. I hope both have a blinder and give it to the Penrith pack who have been struggling.

Not sure what we will do in the backs, they'll be targeting Dylan but I reckon he will be coming good with his 3rd run.

Manly Sea Eagles

That’s been updated with Tom turbo now round 13 with croker the same

• Tom Trbojevic (hamstring, round 13)
  • Lachlan Croker (hamstring, round 13)

I really really REALLY don’t want to play Tommy until he’s 120%.

Far far too valuable later in the year to be brought back too early.
Well if that's the case then there's no chance of him ever playing again as it's impossible to be 120 %! Ha ha.

1. Brendan Elliot 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Dylan Walker 4.Reuben Garrick 5. Abbas Miski 6. Cade Cust 7. Kane Elgey 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Corey Waddell 14. Manase Fainu 15. Jack Gosiewski 16.Morgan Boyle 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Zach Dockar-Clay 19. Jade Anderson 20.Haumole Olakauatu 21.Lloyd Perrett

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8