PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 1, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have a nice day. Is that an order, General? Jeez you like being militant with how you demand people think, post, suggest or contribute.

99% of the time, my theory stands up. Quality is quality. Then, on a very rare occassion, you have the Leicester affect. But that's unique, it's not the norm.

To say roster quality has no affect on a teams form (overall, not every time) in ANY sport, is just moronic.

Doesn't matter who coaches. More often than not, it's the quality of the players that make the difference. Even given system....it takes quality players to implement them.

We are in a down cycle, where we have to build, and start again. Therefore, our backline is a monstrosity.

How many times have we seen players lingering in reserve grade at other clubs and as soon as they change clubs and coach they turn in to great players

What has this proven ? Players under a different coach and culture grow in stature

There is no such thing as a Datsun 120B. There was a 120Y and a 180B though and I would put my house on any racer "pressing the accelerator" on either of those 2 cars if they are racing you.

Let's hope your footballing opinion is as correct as your automotive knowledge and we have a good season.

Never underestimate. I've seen 120Y's and 180B's leave V8's for dead around the streets and on twisty country roads.

Not at all buddy, I just despise the negative tripe you continually spew with seemingly very little knowledge. Please have whatever day you want.@:D

Well, I can't expect to be at your lofty level of intelligence, knowledge and ability. Please impart your expertise and wisdom upon the masses.

All hail mighty 40!

No, but my expectation is that he doesn't release rep players without adequate replacements or at least a traded player.

I was told by everyone Des had this player or that player "up his sleeve" all off season when I wanted The Titans to compensate our club for what is a rep Centre (despite what people said about him - I loved him).

Most intelligent fans "may" be positive despite knowing it's going to be a work in progress. Does that make the realistic fans (heck, even the negative fans) wrong for feeling or vocalising their mindset?

I'm personally open to all opinions and feelings, and am happy to empathise with all. Not sure why you seem you have to dictate the way people should feel, think or vocalise those thoughts? Again.
Ryan......bit difficult to keep a player when they request a release to go elsewhere. In Kelly's case he asked for a release to go home. No point forcing him to stay & not have his heart in the job ahead. Give the boys a go mate......they just may surprise!

Ryan......bit difficult to keep a player when they request a release to go elsewhere. In Kelly's case he asked for a release to go home. No point forcing him to stay & not have his heart in the job ahead. Give the boys a go mate......they just may surprise!
That there’s some mad advice Max.

5C1C61B6-4CA1-41A9-9DFA-FE4F67004C2A.jpeg
Who is up for a good old fashioned. Ugly WIN?!!!

No one? Ahh yes we have no chance;-). I almost forgot. No chance;-)

Forget all that pretend fancy pretty stuff Trent embraced.

And buckle up for some good old bash and grind.

****s about to get serious on Saturday.

I hope this happens on Saturday at good old Ambush
With Trent wouldn’t happen but with Des anything is possible.

Blimey I dread what this place will be like if we lose. People already tearing into each other over the team list, (knowing full well we aren't at full strength mind you) , and we haven't even seen them play yet. Can we save the bickering till after we've sampled what's on offer !!!

Blimey I dread what this place will be like if we lose. People already tearing into each other over the team list, (knowing full well we aren't at full strength mind you) , and we haven't even seen them play yet. Can we save the bickering till after we've sampled what's on offer !!!
Well said
Let’s see what happens on Saturday before we start ripping into the boys.
All we can do is support the boys come Saturday

You’re right! I missed that mistake. We had a 180B for a while, they turned into the stanza, which was a rally car, the 120y was **** though.

I had a 200bsx, white with a red and blue strip down the side. Looked the part but an absolute lemon.

I'm excited about what lies ahead and if we win ugly , a wins a win . If we go out there and teams go away knowing that we hurt them I'll be rapt.

Snake will have the backs playing like seasoned and confident professionals. You would be crazy to underestimate his ability to get the best out of a person.

Not surprised that Des has gone with Gosi... he looked very good in the trial, has put on 5kg, and looks to be a very tough kid. Hopefully, he can stay injury free and run some nice lines for our halves. He whacks in defence as well.
Can you please stop providing solid evidence and rationale for your comments? You are RUINING the vibe of this forum with you 'informed opinions' and 'rational thinking'

#kevinward77OUT

Loving your work :)

There is no such thing as a Datsun 120B. There was a 120Y and a 180B though and I would put my house on any racer "pressing the accelerator" on either of those 2 cars if they are racing you.

Let's hope your footballing opinion is as correct as your automotive knowledge and we have a good season.
The 120Y was such a piece of ****. I had the 180BSSS, I was driving a mate home one night after a night on the piss he spewed all over the back seat....... could never get that smell out.

I am being optimistic but's not easy to forget the vision of poor defensive reads by Suli last year and poor Parker who was quite frankly awful at times last season. But Des has selected the boys and they have had the benefit of the off season under the professor's tutelage so fingers crossed. They are not without talent you don't get to this level unless you have real footy talent so I can't wait to see their redemption.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8