PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 1, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tooves thinks we will win :)
tipsters-r01_2_201903.jpg

I am one of the 1% that rates Parker, and have been severely flayed for such a misguided opinion in the past. However, regardless of the relentless abuse and ridicule, I shall remain firm in my backing for the lad! And come hell or high water, armed with my non-finest of reds, my belief shall not waiver.
I’m a bit worried about you @Class of 96 . Last night you were readying yourself for an ‘epic flogging’. Now you’ve been severely flayed,relentless abuse and ridicule. I have to ask is this a masochist thing you’ve got going on?:giggle:
Parker lost me in a game (forget who), but it was at Brookie last year.It was diabolical the mistakes he made. The big black marker pen came out after that. Much the same way it did for Barrett after the game against the Warriors in Christchurch.
Now, in saying all that, I really hope Des can bring out the best in him......something.

I am one of the 1% that rates Parker, and have been severely flayed for such a misguided opinion in the past. However, regardless of the relentless abuse and ridicule, I shall remain firm in my backing for the lad! And come hell or high water, armed with my non-finest of reds, my belief shall not waiver.
Hi mr Parker good luck to your son on the weekend.

I’m a bit worried about you @Class of 96 . Last night you were readying yourself for an ‘epic flogging’. Now you’ve been severely flayed,relentless abuse and ridicule. I have to ask is this a masochist thing you’ve got going on?:giggle:
Parker lost me in a game (forget who), but it was at Brookie last year.It was diabolical the mistakes he made. The big black marker pen came out after that. Much the same way it did for Barrett after the game against the Warriors in Christchurch.
Now, in saying all that, I really hope Des can bring out the best in him......something.

Well Mr Wombat GC, I do in fact subscribe to the teachings of a one Dr Fritz Fassbender, whom whilst being considered somewhat unorthodox (with his greatest success in shutting people in dark closets), was one of the greatest psychoanalysts of the 20th century.

Fassbender.jpg

I rate him as a decent centre but not a wingers a**hole. Good defence and can read it well as long as his outsider works with him which should occur with Jorge Also anyone but the best would have struggled to pair with Suli's "defence" last year. Really hope he has improved there or we are shot ducks.

Attack leaves a lot to be desired at this stage though but hopefully back on the left will help (the only way is up).

Then there are the regular injuries. Needs to get on top of that and soon.

Hey feathered friend . I have just noticed . You have the best Avatar on our forum !!!

So I take it the four Manly players not in the 17 will play in the NSW Cup?
If so, what happens to the four guys picked originally in the NSW Cup? Where do they play?
It seems a silly system.

If it’s raining I’ll change my tip, if dry still think the Tigers will get us.

Just think it’s going to take more than one game for our backs to gel.

So I take it the four Manly players not in the 17 will play in the NSW Cup?
If so, what happens to the four guys picked originally in the NSW Cup? Where do they play?
It seems a silly system.
They have a 10 man bench

Watched the replay as I was at work ..

No excuses as the Tigers kicking game starved us from possession

We bombed a try and the ref got in the way of another but in the game if your good enough you create other opportunities

The Tigers opened their account with a lucky deflection but luck is part of the game . They also scored two others as fatigue set in to our players

Our positives was our defence . Overall we showed grit . Our backs were turn styles last year and I thought they proved the doubters wrong

Tradionally we are not known to win our first game of the year even with premiership winning teams of the past .

Des will work with our kicking game and tweak our attack and we will see improvement

Bring on the Cocks at Brookvale !!!
istockphoto-693741388-612x612.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8