PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 1, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hopefully D C E and Elgey can conjure up some repeat sets or a good tactical kicking game to apply some good pressure . No doubt also if Manly "s defence can get into some good order from the word go will go a long way to making them competitive [ and including for the whole season , barring any more serious injuries.] but again need our halves to give some good direction . Manly forwards should be able to lay a decent platform again . Mybe is a big loss for them , very create player . Good luck to Rueben Garrick , ist grade debut and first time in Manly fixture colours . I know that D C E went OK in the goal kicking department last season but i wonder if Garrick is a useful goal kicker as well .

Not at all buddy, I just despise the negative tripe you continually spew with seemingly very little knowledge. Please have whatever day you want.@:D

Well, I for one love reading the overly negative, slightly negative, neutral, slightly positive and overly positive. When everybody is happy and agreeing with each other, this place can be a pretty boring place to be. Kind of like life in general really. It is the insults and the attitude of superiority that some people carry around here*.

* 'seemingly with very little knowledge' Ok then!

Can every one please just get their heads around the fact that Jade Anderson is still a development player and can't be used in the top squad unless we have a serious available player shortage.
Yep but new rules in place and he can be used In second half of season even if no shortage of players.But not now.

Assuming he's the player you want to make player 30 though?
I think you can pick any development contract player from 1 July. Ie, the squad ‘balloons’ from the Top 30 to the Top 30 + Development players.

Well ... in eleven (11) pages of this thread .... I found at least 5 posts that were informative or interesting .....

FMD ..... no wonder I call you lot a bunch of numbnuts .....

PSSS .. in other news did anybody else catch Benji giving away the fact that MacQuire is going with 4 forwards on the bench ...

Assuming he's the player you want to make player 30 though?
Not necessarily. They've relaxed the development player eligibility rules from what I understand. You don't need to go through the whole special dispensation drama like we went through for Fainu. I think this year you can promote development players to NRL after June 30 with minimum fuss. Admittedly I don't know the exact wording on the rule - neither does the NRL probably TBH

EDIT - found following article - https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...9/news-story/679733185c17342ee17316593849b2ac

Clubs were told this week that they would have carte blanche to use their development players in 2019 once the June 30 deadline for player movement had passed.

That removes one of the chief bugbears for coaches on the contracting system, which underwent an overhaul last season.

Under changes that came into effect this year (2018), clubs are restricted from using development players (each club is allowed up to six players outside their top 30 with a view to the future) unless they received special dispensation from the NRL.

That dispensation was given only in exceptional circumstances and meant a handful of players were prevented from playing first grade at times during the year.

Manly hooker Manase Fainu was among those prevented
from making his debut but he got his opportunity when the Sea Eagles’ playing stocks hit rock bottom.

The NRL has agreed to relax those rules after the June 30 deadline. The NRL and Rugby League Players Association have also agreed with clubs that they must publicise their squads in 2019.

Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles play Western Suburbs Magpies at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday, March 16 in the opening round of the NSW Cup competition.

The match kicks off at 3.15pm.

Sea Eagles team

1 Leva Li

2 Abbas Miski

3 Dane Aukafolau

4 Alfred Smalley

5 John Tohi

6 Luke Metcalf

7 Cade Cust

8 Andy Saunders

9 Zach Dockar-Clay

10 Kurt DeLuis

11 Joshua Martin

12 Tyler Cassel

13 Denzal Tonise

Interchange

17 Charles Shepherd

18 Fred Junior Mauala

22 Keith Titmuss

24 Eric Newbigging

Coach: Steven Hales

This team will bear little resemblance to the final team when the 8 players named in the 21 are dropped back

Where's James Hasson??? Not with BTWorkers anymore???

Can every one please just get their heads around the fact that Jade Anderson is still a development player and can't be used in the top squad unless we have a serious available player shortage.

Not going to happen

All been said before about how completely dire that backline looks - and the sense of dread by some is understandable in my books.

BUT.... our pack is still excellent and IF with control of the ball and field position our backs HOPEFULLY wont be put under too much defensive pressure. We'll all be having kittens if they are. If ever the old cliché has to be ring true its this Saturday about the forwards laying the platform. Anything less than a total smashing by our forwards on theirs and we are probably in for a long day.

I still think an upset win is not impossible. I don't think this Tigers backline is anything to write home about either. We're gonna need a bit of luck but lets face it this is a winnable game if we get some.

Hope springs eternal.....

Thank you mate . Great read .

There is a clear sense of excitement and high expectations from our boys .

It looks like they have been filled up with high hopes and cleansed by Des from being stained in Manlys history books as being part of one of the most darkest and inept years in the history of our club, grossly under performing to wooden spoon standard .

Their once feared home ground and fortress was turned into a bordello as their submissive defence had them dominated by just about every team

The pathetic spooners Parra's biggest win and one of the very few wins was against us . Their wooden spoon backs carved us up out wide thrashing us and embarrassing us to the tune of 44 points to 10 .

I cannot remember any Manly team being thrashed and humiliated by wooden spooners . That is how completely inadequate they were under an incompetent coach who dragged them down to his level

Our boys Know just how badly they under performed as individuals and under achieved as a team . They know what a shame it was narrowly escaping the wooden spoon and go down in history books as the first Manly team to do so .

They know that they have a lot to play for and a lot to prove and I can sense their determination and strong desire for redemption .

2018 is a bench mark for failure and a year to forget

Bring on the Born Again 2019 Manly Sea eagles !!!

View attachment 10895
You're welcome mate.
I totally agree with everything you said and truly believe that if TB was still our coach this season a wooden spoon would have been headed our way.
I know some so called experts have us finishing last this season but like you said the positivity of the players this year will surprise many.
Go Manly!!

I'm just hoping that having Snake back mentoring our young backs will pay divdends. I have a sneaky feeling we're going to see the best out of Suli, Parker, Garrick and Elliot. These guys are talented players and it all voils down to being confident in yourself. With Des and Snake behind them all through summer I think we'll see something different from these guys. Their moment to shine and their football careers all hinge on this season. It's make or break time for these guys. Best of luck boys let's get behind them and give them our support.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8