Pre-Game discussion: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I remember as a kid catching the Ferry and we'd all stand outside going through the heads.
We'd Rock the boat with the swell actually believing we were making it worse :giggle:

Man me and my mates used to do that 'rocking the ferry" thing too! Good days.

What would be funny if you both were in the same group of mates !

Now stop rocking the boat

So next weeks team should look like this
1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walks
7. Cherry Evans
8. AfBeast
9. Api
10. Martin
11. Waddell
12. Jacky boy
13. Jake

14. Fainu
15. Keppie
16. Boyle
17. Guacamole

18. Tof
19. Trex (great ploy by des)
20. Perrett
Id have sipley ahead of Boyle. Olakau-atu probably gets a spot ahead of perrett as he covers backrow. Good to have options

Id have sipley ahead of Boyle. Olakau-atu probably gets a spot ahead of perrett as he covers backrow

I agree. It's probably been mentioned elsewhere, but in the presser Des said Taupau would be the only player returning next week, so I think the last bench position may be between Olakau-atu & Perrett. Sipley was playing very well before injury, so I think Des will stick with him.

Even with Sironen, Thompson & Paseka out, it almost seems like we still have an embarrassment of riches in the forwards @:D

EEbOmdXUYAAfd2k

Marty is ready to take on the Rabbids

We were great last night but the souths will be better than Guppies.
Dessie will be on top of it but I think we have to change our tactics and win this game with incredible 80 minute defence

Manly :tackle for your lives !

We were great last night but the souths will be better than Guppies.
Dessie will be on top of it but I think we have to change our tactics and win this game with incredible 80 minute defence

Manly :tackle for your lives !
We won't win it by tackling for 80 min. We'll win it by dominating possession and field position. By quick play the balls and gassing their forwards same as we did last night. The vermin rely heavily on their forwards to out muscle and over power. We have the pack to match that.

We bumped into Cade Cust before the game and asked what he thought our chances... confidently said we will take it. Was never in doubt after that. Shows me their mindset and reason we wont be taking any game lightly. We will be giving it a good shake and leaving no ifs buts or maybes behind. Des has everyone in sync and primed for the challenge.

Was quietly optimistic that we could do well in the finals. The Dogs shouldn’t have got anywhere near the grand final in 2014 but Des got them there. Our win over the Sharks felt like a very carefully crafted ambush

Turn up against the Rabbits and it’s pretty much a win for us. After this game it gets very tough though

Was quietly optimistic that we could do well in the finals. The Dogs shouldn’t have got anywhere near the grand final in 2014 but Des got them there. Our win over the Sharks felt like a very carefully crafted ambush

Turn up against the Rabbits and it’s pretty much a win for us. After this game it gets very tough though
I disagree. I reckon it gets easier. All the pressure of expectation is on the vermin. We aren't expected to win. We'll be written off again. We ditch the vermin then the Faders will be red hot favourites and no one will talk about us or give us a chance. Just where Des wants us.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6