Pre-Game discussion: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/26/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2019-nrl-finals/

Next week is a Sydney Final still but then we need to play in the ACT :confused:

Better than Melbourne but still a reduced Manly crowd

Teams outside Sydney host matches at their own home ground.
Sydney-based teams can host matches at their home ground in week one but can only play games at ANZ Stadium, Bankwest Stadium or the Sydney Cricket Ground in weeks two and three.

Yeah, absolute tripe! Gizz'us our home ground finals ya tosspots!

I was thinking about the draw while I was taking my morning shower (I know, way too much information) and I think Des MAY have thrown the game against the Eels. The mathematics would have gone roughly
1 - we have around 50% chance of beating the Broncos but 70% of beating the Tigers or the Sharks.
2 - the Rabbits have 10% chance of beating a full strength Roosters.
3 - we’ve got a 50% chance of beating the bunnies.
If we play the Tigers/sharks, then the Rabbits before we travel to face the Storm in Melbourne than we get to play in three finals matches.

Someone else said that on here this morning. Are you sure you were alone in that shower?

I was thinking about the draw while I was taking my morning shower (I know, way too much information) and I think Des MAY have thrown the game against the Eels. The mathematics would have gone roughly
1 - we have around 50% chance of beating the Broncos but 70% of beating the Tigers or the Sharks.
If we play the Tigers/sharks, then the Rabbits before we travel to face the Storm in Melbourne than we get to play in three finals matches.

Not so much ‘threw’ that game, as took it as an opportunity to experiment a bit with tactics, positional changes etc, knowing a loss wouldn’t hurt our chances at all.

And I do wonder whether DCE had been directed to stay in the background a little bit the last few weeks and let Walker have a go at running the show a) to keep some tricks up our sleeve and b) as a ‘just in case’ measure.

Nice theory only with warriors beating faiders and dogs beating donks the trying to lose scenaruo to get certain teams was flipped in our favour.. if games went to script we would now be on Slime side of the draw. Stars are aligned for a run deep into finals if we stay focused like last night

Teams outside Sydney host matches at their own home ground.
Sydney-based teams can host matches at their home ground in week one but can only play games at ANZ Stadium, Bankwest Stadium or the Sydney Cricket Ground in weeks two and three.

Yeah, absolute tripe! Gizz'us our home ground finals ya tosspots!

Someone else said that on here this morning. Are you sure you were alone in that shower?
Manly is outside Sydney, 1000 miles from care.

Do I use my left thumb or right thumb to click on the picture from my phone screen

Elon musk just emailed me that you simply press down on the image until the options come up.

Though he holds south african, canadian, and US citizenships, so I dunno.

Also... I thought I blocked him from emailing me...!

Next, next week :giggle:

Raiders winger Jordan Rapana and lock Joe Tapine were put on report while Nick Cotric was injured, during their 12-10 win against Melbourne on Saturday.

Rapana was reported for a lifting tackle on Cameron Munster and Tapine was accused of a chicken wing tackle on Brandon Smith.

@globaleagle could you change the Thread as it's now confirmed

Manly at ANZ Friday

Scumos at AAMI Saturday

Really don’t know ( other than broadcasting ) why the games aren’t Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

If they wanted the biggest crowds that’s what they do BUT we all know who makes the decisions.

@BOZO where are you mate? What a Victory! Please upload a rabbit stew meme if possible ;)

Great Victory mate

It was another victory against all the odds

A victory when most thought it was impossible to win against those heavy odds

Des Hasler instilled belief in all his boys that he sent on the field against the full strength favoured Sharks team

DCE was the General that inspired and lead his resilient troops to victory

Our young mEn have come of age and another great Manly era has begun

Great to be a Manly Sea eagles supporter and I hope next year we can all get behind our club and help make our great club greater by becoming club members .

We are going into next weeks game with our tail feathers up full of confidence and an unbeatable mindset

We have not come this far to only come this far

Meme of the Manly casserole that has the rabbit stew Burgess brothers chopped up

recipe-image-legacy-id--776561_11.jpg

Yeah... that victory right there is for @BOZO and the believers who refuse to buckle under adversity... hope you enjoyed it champion!

A great coach is a great leader of men who inspires them with

self Belief and lifts his men to perform above expectations through resilience and tenacity

This is why we are where we are today

and this is why we can go all the way

and win the 2019 title

Bring on the rabbits

Go the mighty Sea Eagles !!!

2c51746e2cf3d064732f47c3075fce36.jpg

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12