PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Penrith [Round 4, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eagleron

Bencher
Is anyone out there feeling angry, like me?
I feel that sticking with the same failures week after week is a "stuff you" by DESpicable.
All the credibility that DESpicable built up as a player and as a coach has gone as far as I'm concerned.
He doesn't seem to care, but I do. Having supported this club for more than 60 years I'm irate that the only changes he makes are forced through injury, not form.
Pathetic!
I'm over the bloke, I'm not used to having this level of embarrassment heaped on me week after week, why on earth would the Penns resign this dud for another two years? Sadly I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel, simply depressing!

The Royal Soup

First Grader
You forgot the coaching staff are a joke & laughing stock also.....my interest in Manly is seriously beginning to wane. I’ve supported them since the mid 70s & never have I been more despondent. I’m actually not looking forward to the weekend. I use to have withdrawals waiting for game days & now it’s become an embarrassment. It saddens me that this once mighty club has become such an abysmal failure. I’m not even sure whether it’s the players fault but I’m truly sick of Hasler & his obvious inability to be a leader & make the decisions to turn this around.
Agree

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
Like I said previously, the players know he wont drop them and what really scares me in the page with the team lists, is Des on the side with a huge smile as if to say,Im not changing my boys again this week Silvertails fans, I am the coach and I know what I am doing, yeah destroying our great club
I don't wish ill upon anyone, but Des is testing my patience!

kurrieagle

Reserve Grader
I can't remember a pre season where i was so excited only to be crushed by week 3.
Turbo was back , Walker in the Centre where he should have always been , 2 exciting new wingers with some height & speed finally , Shuster and Foran rotating in the halves , Guac making the run on side.
Seems like a long time ago now.

manly al

First Grader
You know the old cliche , If first you do not succeed , Try , Try Try again , Hang on. that is not quite going to script . who is going to score all of our tries on past form . Actually my main concern is , is the current side actually capable of playing better . Got my doubts and really should have been changes , ..Getting a bit of stick back into their defence would be a decent start .

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
They wouldn’t find anything ! Remember Ian Roberts answering a journo once when asked about a scan on his brain he said “they didn’t find anything “
GOLD !!
Bloody hell I wish we had him in our pack now !
What a beast he was an outstanding player hit like a sledgehammer.

Nordburg

First Grader
Am I right in saying Tevita Funa hasn’t played a game in any grade this season yet?Maybe the trial vs Tigers?The poor bloke won’t be in any touch or have any game fitness if he eventually gets a run in First Grade.Definitely set up for failure

47MVEagle

Bencher
Is this some form of protest by Des against the stipulations the Penn's put in his new contract?

Is he trying to make a point about the lack of options he has to choose a team from?

It's worrying that the likes of Croker are really only being selected because we have no other options at hooker.

I just don't get it, this squad has shown zero spark, cohesion or desire as a unit yet Des just keeps picking them.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18