PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Penrith [Round 4, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Clint

Tipping Member
Money where your mouth is then? Put $20 bucks on Manly. Friendly wager? You said you thought Manly could/would win. Let's see about those convictions

Only a small bet.
I don't need to put $$ down to prove my conviction or support for the team. I'll have a beer with my Panthers supporting mate across the road.
Enjoy the game.
Go Manly!

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Two words:
Ducks and Drakes!
Oh that’s 3 words. Changes will be made before kickoff. Only thing is Tgey won’t be the changes we want to see! Saab for Tuipolotu might be one by the sound of it and Sips for Boyle I think/hope.

TimmyQ

Bencher
I think it's time for Sportsbet to weep every weekend rather than me. Time to bet with the head for 24 weeks.

TimmyQ

Bencher
Two words:
Ducks and Drakes!
Oh that’s 3 words. Changes will be made before kickoff. Only thing is Tgey won’t be the changes we want to see! Saab for Tuipolotu might be one by the sound of it and Sips for Boyle I think/hope.
We are one of the worst teams in the comp. Why we would even bother with 'ducks and drakes' in our position - just makes us more laughable to the opposition than we already are.. 'Oh, they might replace THAT reserve grader with THAT one..." Whoooooooooooo scary!

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I don't need to put $$ down to prove my conviction or support for the team. I'll have a beer with my Panthers supporting mate across the road.
Enjoy the game.
Go Manly!
I’ll throw $$ on the first and last try scorer again. Bloody nearly got Chez as last last week with only 4 to go. Then that turd Williams ruined it all! Cost me $260 of the $10 investment. Ps putting a small wager on first and last try is a good way to keep interested in games atm.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
What I really don’t get is the media? Why are they not asking the real questions? Why aren’t they hammering Des and the team like they did to the Broncos last year? Surely they all can’t be a bunch of lost little sheep, surely one has to ask a real question to Des..

Reporter- Do you think your position is now untenable after losing another game by 40 plus?
Des- um, ah, um

Not fuking hard.
Nobody hates us and they don't care.

Jacinta Martin

Reserve Grader
The reality is, there is nothing that can be done. Not one player would be in the starting side of any of the top 12 teams. Not one.
The ones that appear to look good only look good because the ones that should be shown the door help them look good. Stats don't lie.
We have zero depth, we have assembled a squad of Reserve, Massey, quality. Its not just the cap issues. Historically, players play for the Jersey, pride and a real love of the game, I have a feeling a large portion of our players don't. The pathetic news stories are simply what we expect to hear. None of it is real. No independant questions, just prepared rubbish.
Many say the new rules have ruined the game. I believe its the large salary and the education level of players.
I watched a replay of the Dragons and correct me if I'm wrong but even Shuster for what little he has shown in his appearances already seems to be showing a bit of show pony.
Players are over paid and elevated to cult hero status. An average, uneducated NRL player who works minimal hours at best is grossly overpaid by 3-5 times more when compared to essential workers.
Why was the game so great when players actually worked a full time job and played footy? It was great because a player didn't play for money, they played because they loved the game.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
We are one of the worst teams in the comp. Why we would even bother with 'ducks and drakes' in our position - just makes us more laughable to the opposition than we already are.. 'Oh, they might replace THAT reserve grader with THAT one..." Whoooooooooooo scary!
It’s insane but that’s what he does. Said it in another thread. It’s just ridiculous imo and serves no purpose at all.

TimmyQ

Bencher
So is saab being dropped? Dont see why des would drop him when he has Parker garrick suli and Gosiewski still in the starting team. If he is dropping him on form start with dce LOL
Sipley dropped for Morgan will do me. He had a crack and that other clown has produced 4-5/10 games on average since he joined us. Nothing more than a mediocre depth player at any club but the mighty Sea Eagles where he is a first pick 1st grader.

Nordburg

First Grader
It was laughable last year when Des kept it a secret that Albert Hopoate was going to make his debut against the Storm.I wonder if Bellamy’s plans went out the window when he saw Alberts name on the team sheet?And if a player can’t handle the media attention then how will he go playing in front of a crowd.Des,in their current position,needs to sell hope to fans,a reason to spend their hard earned on turning up to a game or watching on TV.The weekly tripe named on Tuesdays is not inspiring

Shoe1

Journey Man
I’ll throw $$ on the first and last try scorer again. Bloody nearly got Chez as last last week with only 4 to go. Then that turd Williams ruined it all! Cost me $260 of the $10 investment. Ps putting a small wager on first and last try is a good way to keep interested in games atm.
I admire your resolve, but I don’t think I could stand to lose the game and $$.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18