PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am not sure about this :think:

However, given the nature of Walker's injury & his lack of match fitness, it would be unwise to play him at the back. Maybe Reuben is the most likely replacement if Turbo is out.

It is really a bare bones forward pack & bench this week. I hope Foran & DCE both play. The Cowboys will have 2-3 players backing up after Origin & also it will be Dearden's first game for them (should be to our advantage).

I think the Hammer is playing left centre, so it will be interesting if a match race scenario with Saab occurs.
They’ve got Bowen and the Hammer in the centres plus Dearden at 7… defensive deficiencies all over the place!

Is it just me or is this thread less active as a sticky? Pregame threads usually hover near the top so might not be the best thread to sticky. I often scroll straight past the stickies as they are slower moving threads.
100%, I skimmed straight past it and thought it hadn’t been create yet

Fantasy team this week is a gamble. Panthers have named all their SOO players in the reserves except Api.

I am guessing Turbo will be rested, Luis to bench to have that extra forward, Jake and DCE to play. We need to win this one.

Thinking behind Schu could be to rest for another week ready for the Titans next week.

It will be interesting to see whether Des uses his bench a little more effectively than against the knights. With the speed of the game and players backing up from origin, it would be silly to have one or two blokes warming the bench for most of the game. If they are in the seventeen, then back them.

Fantasy team this week is a gamble. Panthers have named all their SOO players in the reserves except Api.

I am guessing Turbo will be rested, Luis to bench to have that extra forward, Jake and DCE to play. We need to win this one.

Thinking behind Schu could be to rest for another week ready for the Titans next week.
Yes, I think with our injury toll and the way he has been playing you err on the side of caution and give him an extra week. If he tears it further it will be a long out, so why risk it. Schuster will be crucial to our run home to the finals.

The beauty of Jake being named at prop for the blues is that he should only play 40min opposed to his usual 80. Backing up for him won’t be a problem as you would also think for DCE. Tom will definitely be rested with Walker starting and De Luis coming into the bench

I reckon Walker to fullback and Cust to bench. Id be surprised to see De Luis get a run but I do rate him, he's a tough nuggety bloke that keeps coming all day and could do a similar job to Saddler for example.
Does Olakau-atu spend some time in the front row instead of having to use De Luis? That is my preference anyway! Suli and Ben T can cover backrow.

Us by seven if Jake and dce play.

turbo won’t back up walker in at one is my guess.

Cowboys look strong on paper us still missing a few Schuster is a big loss and a big out.

I still think home ground advantage will play a part here. Going to be a close match.

The beauty of Jake being named at prop for the blues is that he should only play 40min opposed to his usual 80. Backing up for him won’t be a problem as you would also think for DCE. Tom will definitely be rested with Walker starting and De Luis coming into the bench
The only way Jake doesn’t play is if he is injured. Jake takes as much or more pride in backing up as he does playing origin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8