PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Cowboys [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So no Sironen (STILL) - was listed to come back a month ago.
No Schuster (although they said only a week)
Walker on the bench, with fellow centres Suli and Ben Trbojevic
The clubs second best hooker (after Fainu) playing backrow, to keep Croker in.

Tom must not be risked. Within 48 hours after playing origin. Massive risk. Sit him out.

Personally would play Koula but if not I'd play Harper at fullback and Walker at centre. Koula on the bench?

Hope Dessie doesn't go back to the failed Walker experiment. It's amazing we've had a test and premiership winning centre and always play him out of position. He's not a 5/8 nor a full back. Please put him back in the centres Des.

Jake should back up and play prop.. that way he gets rested as well..as we are short on props. Give Burbo a run in second row and Lawton maybe to lock since he has ball playing abilities.

Be interesting to see De Luis. He looked good everytime I saw him albeit at a lower level

Tom must not be risked. Within 48 hours after playing origin. Massive risk. Sit him out.

Personally would play Koula but if not I'd play Harper at fullback and Walker at centre. Koula on the bench?

Hope Dessie doesn't go back to the failed Walker experiment. It's amazing we've had a test and premiership winning centre and always play him out of position. He's not a 5/8 nor a full back. Please put him back in the centres Des.

Jake should back up and play prop.. that way he gets rested as well..as we are short on props. Give Burbo a run in second row and Lawton maybe to lock since he has ball playing abilities.

Be interesting to see De Luis. He looked good everytime I saw him albeit at a lower level
Des continued to pick Walker at FB,much to everybody’s behest,and was a failed experiment but given the amount of time he’s been out,surely even Des wouldn’t be stupid enough to throw him straight back there

I reckon if Jake doesn't back up, De Luis is in. If either Turbo or Chez don't back up, Cust is in. We will need Jake more than ever this Friday !

Was really excited to see Schuster back, does anyone know what's the go there??

Good news: Foz and Guac are good to go

Come on boys! We need this one

Des continued to pick Walker at FB,much to everybody’s behest,and was a failed experiment but given the amount of time he’s been out,surely even Des wouldn’t be stupid enough to throw him straight back there
I am not sure about this :think:

However, given the nature of Walker's injury & his lack of match fitness, it would be unwise to play him at the back. Maybe Reuben is the most likely replacement if Turbo is out.

It is really a bare bones forward pack & bench this week. I hope Foran & DCE both play. The Cowboys will have 2-3 players backing up after Origin & also it will be Dearden's first game for them (should be to our advantage).

I think the Hammer is playing left centre, so it will be interesting if a match race scenario with Saab occurs.

De Luis looks like he will play, not named for Blacktown Workers this week, Walker to Fullback (Turbo unlikely to be risked) and De Luis to the bench.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6