PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Chooks [Round 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We will defend better in the middle this year but there is virtually no points in this side without Walker and Tommy. Our backline is pedestrian right now.Eventually a possession flow against will get you. Roosters don’t need to score many to win. That’s the problem.And they generally score 20’plus with that side.

Can see their outside men creating havoc but think we can go close to matching their forwards. Keary runs at the line at pace and forces defenders to make decisions. Any hesitation in our defence out wide and they’ll murder us.

I hope Dessy gives the bench a proper crack this week. Tanginoa , Fainu and Waddell can add something more than last week.

We will defend better in the middle this year but there is virtually no points in this side without Walker and Tommy. Our backline is pedestrian right now.Eventually a possession flow against will get you. Roosters don’t need to score many to win. That’s the problem.And they generally score 20’plus with that side.

I hope Dessy gives the bench a proper crack this week. Tanginoa , Fainu and Waddell can add something more than last week.

Hard to see who is going to actually score for us , I guess a forward or two might crash over but can’t see any of the current back line being a threat.

Hard to see who is going to actually score for us , I guess a forward or two might crash over but can’t see any of the current back line being a threat.

Suli Parker Jorge.

6 tries in 44 games last year

Our entire complement of outside backs - Suli Parker Jorge Kelly Walker Uate Wright

24 tries in total last year

David Fusitua 22 tries

SPEED kills. That’s why it’s a rebuild job and you simply can’t win games with stats like that - and that’s why I can’t wait to see Hoppa Anderson Garrick etc get a chance and in their natural positions.

Last edited:
Suli Parker Jorge.

6 tries in 44 games last year

Our entire complement of outside backs - Suli Parker Jorge Kelly Walker Uate Wright

24 tries in total last year

David Fusitua 22 tries

SPEED kills. That’s why it’s a rebuild job and you simply can’t win games with stats like that - and that’s why I can’t wait to see Hoppa Anderson Garrick etc get a chance and in their natural positions.

Love to see them thrown in, has to happen especially if we lose 4 or 5 on the trot.

I really wish people would stop being all doom and gloom. We might have a rocky start but things will improve. Trust me. I can feel it.
Each season has many twists and turns and there's a long way to go.
I'm tipping Manly.

Exactly.
Keary, Friend, Radley & JWH are just a game away from a brain explosion.
Cronk's shoulder has shown he is not immortal ( just yet )
Teddy is a knee/hammy twinge in waiting...and ffs can someone at least mess his hair up!

DCE was 4/10 last week, he has points in the bank that we know can appear, same as Jake.
Marty just needs to run and put the off loads on the back burner.

In saying that, I hold out hope that I win the car at halftime.

Look, some of the calls in this thread in regards to a likely Manly loss of at least 30-50 pts are quite comical in my opinion.

Fair enough, we have some key talent missing this week but all of the boys named in our top 17 this week are capable of playing smart commited footy and playing to their strengths.

They have all had close to 6 months of guidance and tuition under Des and his coaching staff and are quite capable of giving the Roosters a massive scare if they at least get the basics right and are fully prepared to play for the full 80 mins without clocking off at vital stages of the match.

Last week we once again proved that we are not a very good wet weather team when it comes to handling and attack, but we did however show some real improvements in defence, particularly in the first half where the Tigers were camped down our end for many repeat sets and our gritty defence was top class.

Different story this week, dry track, home game and massive underdog tag might just see the boys really test out the premiership heavyweights this week!

Manly by 3pts.

I really wish people would stop being all doom and gloom. We might have a rocky start but things will improve. Trust me. I can feel it.
Each season has many twists and turns and there's a long way to go.
I'm tipping Manly.

We need a hug or love rating ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7