PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tom
Saab
Harper
Parker
Garrick
Foz
Dce
Taupau
Crocker
Paseka
Smole
Schuster
Jake

Cust
Sipley
Keppie
Sironen

Yes feathered friend
We need Scorpios Speed to catch their flying backs and his Speed to out score them .
When games are close we can depend of scorpios match winning try

By the way can you remember when Scorpio scored last ?

He does try but he never scores a try
He scored v Titans. That’s the last I can remember. Before that who knows. I’ve chosen to leave the Walker or Parker debate alone now as there are pros and cons both ways. Des will make the call on it. Funnily enough I would not be at all surprised if Parker and Walker are both in the team as Des preferred Centre pairing.

I saw on another thread someone said Siro had a bit of a niggle in his opposite hamstring from overcompensating his injury and was in doubt for this week. And with Dylan's hearing, I doubt he will be chosen. I also am a fan of him spending one week in Blacktown before he returns, because it is likely the NRL will suspend him and by the time he is back, it will be a lot of football missed. If both of these are correct, I assume it will be:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Olakau'atu
12. Schuster
13. Trbojevic

14. Cust
15. Keppie
16. Saddler
17. Sipley

Des was really unhappy with the defence yesterday so we can expect the best defensive lineup to be named. What he thinks that is, well soon find out.
I assume Marty straight in as is Siro. While Keppie got alot of praise yesterday he was amongst the couple of poor tries let in up the middle yesterday.
Dylan will start at expense of Parker, but from what I thought his hammy was 6-8 weeks.

I saw on another thread someone said Siro had a bit of a niggle in his opposite hamstring from overcompensating his injury and was in doubt for this week. And with Dylan's hearing, I doubt he will be chosen. I also am a fan of him spending one week in Blacktown before he returns, because it is likely the NRL will suspend him and by the time he is back, it will be a lot of football missed. If both of these are correct, I assume it will be:

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Olakau'atu
12. Schuster
13. Trbojevic

14. Cust
15. Keppie
16. Saddler
17. Sipley
At least we would use the full bench with this team - in this day and age you can’t afford to have one player not contributing

He is their workhorse and won't be easy to replace.
Gee if only we had a modern coach and decent halves, we could really take advantage of this.
barack obama laughing GIF by Obama
Trent Barrett you mean?

I think Walker has court on Friday so even if fit he won't be going.
Siro and Marty in.
Suli and Sipley out
do we really think Siro is an upgrade on Sipley after the last 5 weeks ? I know I don't .
Like Walker I think he should be brought back thru BWSE and make him earn that spot back .I mean Guac has Sirros spot now doesnt he ? (pending continued good form) and Sipley has been outstanding and in fact it was his charge that sparked us into our 2nd half comeback. Sirro just doesn't have that power in him .Just my opinion ,but in any case a great Manly win yesterday and now for the Donkeys and stay healthy Tom T

do we really think Siro is an upgrade on Sipley after the last 5 weeks ? I know I don't .
Like Walker I think he should be brought back thru BWSE and make him earn that spot back .I mean Guac has Sirros spot now doesnt he ? (pending continued good form) and Sipley has been outstanding and in fact it was his charge that sparked us into our 2nd half comeback. Sirro just doesn't have that power in him .Just my opinion ,but in any case a great Manly win yesterday and now for the Donkeys and stay healthy Tom T
I think ser8 forgot about old Saddler in his post. So more like Siro for Saddler. And yes big upgrade there I think.

If Kapow is fit then he comes straight back in. Just a matter of whether we drop the bench warmer Suli or Saddler. I'd be inclined to flick Suli and run with the 3 forwards on the bench. Des might go back to the same set up from the last few rounds with Keppie starting on edge and Guaca coming off bench.

Unknown is Paseka's HIA status. Short turn around may be an issue, but hopefully he is good to go. If not than really it's a straight swap of him for Kapow and same team as weekend

If Siro is fit than I just know Des will drop Guaca and bring Siro in. Whether Guac stays on bench depends on whether Paseka is right to go. If Marty, Siro and Paseka all fit than one of Saddler, Guac or Sippers miss out, presuming Suli doesn't waste a bench spot doing nothing for 80 mins.

I don't think Walker will be named

I
At least we would use the full bench with this team - in this day and age you can’t afford to have one player not contributing
Get Suli not starting on Sunday as he could probs do with the extra time but I reckon the fact Cust sat the whole time shows that Des does not trust his defence...

Otherwise why would we only play with 15?

If Kapow is fit then he comes straight back in. Just a matter of whether we drop the bench warmer Suli or Saddler. I'd be inclined to flick Suli and run with the 3 forwards on the bench. Des might go back to the same set up from the last few rounds with Keppie starting on edge and Guaca coming off bench.

Unknown is Paseka's HIA status. Short turn around may be an issue, but hopefully he is good to go. If not than really it's a straight swap of him for Kapow and same team as weekend

If Siro is fit than I just know Des will drop Guaca and bring Siro in. Whether Guac stays on bench depends on whether Paseka is right to go. If Marty, Siro and Paseka all fit than one of Saddler, Guac or Sippers miss out, presuming Suli doesn't waste a bench spot doing nothing for 80 mins.

I don't think Walker will be named
We get two back it will be saddler snd Suli gone. We get one back and I reckon it will be saddler gone. Not unlike Des to keep the more experienced player in the bench. Going into a game at Suncorp in front of what will be a full house

I

Get Suli not starting on Sunday as he could probs do with the extra time but I reckon the fact Cust sat the whole time shows that Des does not trust his defence...

Otherwise why would we only play with 15?
Hard to rationalize Des decisions. Played most of the game with 15 and tbh due to how dominant we were in the second we didn’t really need Cust or Suli. A closer more hard fought game it may have been different.

While Keppie was great in patches, his D worries me at times as does his hit ups. In the second half, he never went straight at the line but sideways and of course was hammered. He needs to straighten up in attack and harden up in D.

I hate the idea of changing a winning formula but I am guessing next week's team will have changes with Tapau, Sironen and possibly Walker back...

I think if Walkz is back then he takes the bench spot of Cust.... Tapau is a starter no doubt so unfortunately I reckon Sips is back to Bankstown for now.... Saddler played well but he misses out for Sironen...

which leaves Suli....

Suli for Harper - No.... Suli for Parker?? not for mine... Suli as a bench forward at the expense of Keppie or Guac?? no way....

thoughts?
So you say Sipley back to Blacktown in order for Siro to come back after a 6 week injury & unfit? Doubt it’ll happen mate....Sipley is a must on the bench! I don’t think Siro will be risked & will have to make his way thru Blacktown.

This is a very nice problem for Manly to have - thanks Frank for putting this up to the Forum. I am certain Dessie will be up all night refreshing the page grabbing all our opinions so he makes the right decisions.

Now, my 2c on this one:

Siro: He has been out for so long I'd have him in Blacktown for a week to get a run rather than throw him into the Broncos cauldron. They are going to play fast and hard on Friday and I don't think Siro will be up to the pace.

Tapau: Straight in baby - he has been super lately. Keppie to the bench to come in with his workrate. Cust out for this week.

Walker: Blacktown bench to prove himself all over again.

Suli: Stays on the bench as a utility back or forward.

Tafua: Where is he?. Needs weeks at Blacktown but I hope his champion qualities get him back in first grade.

Suli, Sadler, Sipley and Keppie warm the bench. Sadler really surprised me at how solid and strong he was during his limited minutes. He needs to stay in and develop!.

NYEagle

This is a very nice problem for Manly to have - thanks Frank for putting this up to the Forum. I am certain Dessie will be up all night refreshing the page grabbing all our opinions so he makes the right decisions.

Now, my 2c on this one:

Siro: He has been out for so long I'd have him in Blacktown for a week to get a run rather than throw him into the Broncos cauldron. They are going to play fast and hard on Friday and I don't think Siro will be up to the pace.

Tapau: Straight in baby - he has been super lately. Keppie to the bench to come in with his workrate. Cust out for this week.

Walker: Blacktown bench to prove himself all over again.

Suli: Stays on the bench as a utility back or forward.

Tafua: Where is he?. Needs weeks at Blacktown but I hope his champion qualities get him back in first grade.

Suli, Sadler, Sipley and Keppie warm the bench. Sadler really surprised me at how solid and strong he was during his limited minutes. He needs to stay in and develop!.

NYEagle
Taufua?? Dont think so, His time on the wing has gone. Maybe in the forwards perhaps?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8