PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon it would do Suli good to have a run in the forwards and roll his sleeves up. Unlikely unless we are well ahead. I expect it to be a close game may even end up golden point.
He hasn't "rolled his sleeves up " in 3 years playing at centre where he is asked to make 5 or 6 tackles a game. Playing him in the forwards would most probably be disastrous.

Prefer Suli on the Bench over Saddler..Suli has x factor and at his best is a destructive player.. Sirro has held back Suli more than Suli himself IMO.

Yes, its Siro's fault that Suli dies with the ball 95% of the time and doesn't pass it (Harper has had more try assists in the past 4 weeks than Suli has had since the beginning of 2020).

And its Siro's fault that Suli is a poor reader in defense.

If anyone has held Moses Suli back ... its Moses Suli.

Prefer Suli on the Bench over Saddler..Suli has x factor and at his best is a destructive player.. Sirro has held back Suli more than Suli himself IMO.

What X factor?

Also...
Brad Parker has 16 tries from 71 games
Moses Suli has 11 tries from 70 games

A few of the experts here say that Parker is not a starting centre... but then again he isn't being paid as one either.

Suli on the other hand is getting paid $425k per season... surely we should be seeing some more return on that, like tries, try assists, line breaks... something?

Yes, its Siro's fault that Suli dies with the ball 95% of the time and doesn't pass it (Harper has had more try assists in the past 4 weeks than Suli has had since the beginning of 2020).

Agreed, it's Sulis lack of positional awareness that is costing him. When Chez looks out and sees the backline out of shape it makes the option of dropping Siro under look like the only reasonable option. With Harper reading the play properly it opens up Chez's options.

And Siro's fault holding back stopping him from picking up the God dam football and watching the opposition do just that to score.
What X factor?

Also...
Brad Parker has 16 tries from 71 games
Moses Suli has 11 tries from 70 games

A few of the experts here say that Parker is not a starting centre... but then again he isn't being paid as one either.

Suli on the other hand is getting paid $425k per season... surely we should be seeing some more return on that, like tries, try assists, line breaks... something?
The image of Suli slowly bending down to pick up the football in round 4 (before the back injury) is burnt in my memory at least Parker has a dig, that play done me.

Might sound crazy but I wonder if Des has any plan to use Suli at all. Similar to last week unless there’s an injury in the backs he might not get a run at all. Purely a cover for injuries in the backs perhaps. Des might also be trying to have his big boppers play longer minutes to build a bit of resilience in them. I’ll trust his judgement on the Suli call. I know it was his first game but can’t say Saddler did anything to make me say wow - other than the play the ball he messed up.
Not saying he set the world on fire but i thought his effort looked good and he seemed to be getting quick PTBs... I get your idea with Suli but with Schu, froggy and cust we already have cover for an injury in the backs...

I just would have preferred to see how Saddler went in his 2nd game up against the big broncs but Des must have a plan with Suli i guess...

Anyone know what Manly car air freshener would smell like?

wtf

Also... the turn-a-round is pretty quick this week (sigh) but on the plus side Manly don't play on a well worn footy field sunday arvo.

wtf

Also... the turn-a-round is pretty quick this week (sigh) but on the plus side Manly don't play on a well worn footy field sunday arvo.
it has the sweet smell of success.....

...well, at least it used to.... :(

wtf

It might smell like a morning at the beach: you've just had a morning swim, the sand is squelching between your toes, the sun is beaming, and your pores are dilating with the aroma of contentedness. Then again, it could just smell like bird crap.

Last edited:
One good thing about playing Friday night is that the surface will still be in reasonable condition.

Not sure how Sunday nights game will go!!

One good thing about playing Friday night is that the surface will still be in reasonable condition.

Not sure how Sunday nights game will go!!
I dunno mark. Apparently it was torn to shreds by the rugby. Scrums had to be moved from areas. Please no injuries Tom. I still have nightmares about the time he got taken out jumping for that wonky bouncing bomb. From memory we were up at that time and they ran us down. In fact That might have been my last game there watching the team live. I remember it well as my son was crying when we lost and the Broncs supporters thought it was hilarious. F$&@wits!

I dunno mark. Apparently it was torn to shreds by the rugby. Scrums had to be moved from areas. Please no injuries Tom. I still have nightmares about the time he got taken out jumping for that wonky bouncing bomb. From memory we were up at that time and they ran us down. In fact That might have been my last game there watching the team live. I remember it well as my son was crying when we lost and the Broncs supporters thought it was hilarious. F$&@wits!
Yeah I was there for that one as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8