PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would be keeping Saddler on that bench as well ,I really cant see what Suli could add unless a center or wing went down or god forbid a full back .......
1620716033121.png

I would be keeping Saddler on that bench as well ,I really cant see what Suli could add unless a center or wing went down or god forbid a full back .......View attachment 18028

Hate saying this, but even then, he's a huge downgrade (I'd rather have Funa). Least they show a bit of passion and effort.

That's what I love about Harper and Saab. Just have so much passion and love for the club and game in my opinion.

0 idea why Des would have Suli on the bench instead of Saddler?

Kid made one mistake, otherwise was fine.
Lol. I'm a fan of the kid and hope he kicks on, but get real, the one instruction he would have been given - obviously, given his past performances - was, 'watch your discipline'.
Then he preferred to act tough and forgot to play the ball! Only in the 21 because we have no-one else, he really has to show he's capable of learning otherwise he's no use to anyone, regardless of his physique, enthusiasm, aggression etc.

I would be keeping Saddler on that bench as well ,I really cant see what Suli could add unless a center or wing went down or god forbid a full back .......View attachment 18028
We got burnt on more than one occasion last year by not having any cover for injuries to outside backs and having to shift a backrower to centre. After seeing last week wouldn't be surprised to see Suli warm the bench for 80 unless there is an injury.

Selection of Suli is also Des saying "you are a part of the team, you are now fit, but ... meanwhile someone is stealing your spot so you are going to have to earn it back, here is your chance - off the bench" :)

Lol. I'm a fan of the kid and hope he kicks on, but get real, the one instruction he would have been given - obviously, given his past performances - was, 'watch your discipline'.
Then he preferred to act tough and forgot to play the ball! Only in the 21 because we have no-one else, he really has to show he's capable of learning otherwise he's no use to anyone, regardless of his physique, enthusiasm, aggression etc.
it was his 1st day on the job so to speak ,he has to be given a little slack,other than that play the ball error ( I guarantee he wont do that again) he did pretty well for a debut in a depleted forward pack IMHO.

Hate saying this, but even then, he's a huge downgrade (I'd rather have Funa). Least they show a bit of passion and effort.

That's what I love about Harper and Saab. Just have so much passion and love for the club and game in my opinion.
I love that photo of Morgan Harper holding the meat tray for MOTM for the first game of Knock On comp that Blacktown Workers won against Norths. Simply the best!

1620718907848.png

it was his 1st day on the job so to speak ,he has to be given a little slack,other than that play the ball error ( I guarantee he wont do that again) he did pretty well for a debut in a depleted forward pack IMHO.
He also tried to drop the elbow onto the head of a defender in one of his first tackles - similar to what the Melbourne Kaufusi did. I was at the ground and couldn’t believe it wasn’t picked up by the refs. At that point he’d only been one for a few minutes and then was dragged immediately.

We got burnt on more than one occasion last year by not having any cover for injuries to outside backs and having to shift a backrower to centre. After seeing last week wouldn't be surprised to see Suli warm the bench for 80 unless there is an injury.
Ahh, how is the Jetski going in his recovery? I bet Des can't wait to get him back stinking up the team.

Marty in, Tenterfield out and off to Brissy....

Sirro must not be ready? Maybe...? Either that or Des isn't keen to change a winning formula (although I doubt he would leave Suli on the bench if Sirro was back).

I thought Tenterfield was good the other day and would have preferred that he be on the bench than Suli but anyways... could Des be thinking edge-forward for fatboi???
Might sound crazy but I wonder if Des has any plan to use Suli at all. Similar to last week unless there’s an injury in the backs he might not get a run at all. Purely a cover for injuries in the backs perhaps. Des might also be trying to have his big boppers play longer minutes to build a bit of resilience in them. I’ll trust his judgement on the Suli call. I know it was his first game but can’t say Saddler did anything to make me say wow - other than the play the ball he messed up.

Think the only subsitutions we need/use is our middle props and hooker. Second rowers and Jake play 80 so no need to carry another forward on the bench like Saddler. Suli is just there for outside back injury coverage. I like the team selection.

God I hope jetski does not come anywhere near this side.
That's the scary thing about Des and our situation with injuries. I would not be surprised to see some of those past strugglers brought straight back in once recovered... that said, I hope it doesn't happen and trust Des has a bigger picture in mind, and respect for continuity and momentum.

Selection of Suli is also Des saying "you are a part of the team, you are now fit, but ... meanwhile someone is stealing your spot so you are going to have to earn it back, here is your chance - off the bench" :)
2 quality posts your last two here ser8. Def Tge call around discipline would have been top priority re Saddler. And let’s not forget that game got too close in the end. That error was on 2nd tackle when we had a full head of steam and momentum. Des would have been filthy. I couldn’t believe it at the time and was blowing up deluxe! A play the ball drop I can cop. That crap was inexcusable.

Thought the very same thing re Moses. I think it’s more the message than an actual plan to play him. It’s about inclusion and being part of the group still. If Moses gets on he’ll rip in and have a big one. Not sure he’ll get on tho.

I reckon it would do Suli good to have a run in the forwards and roll his sleeves up. Unlikely unless we are well ahead. I expect it to be a close game may even end up golden point.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8