PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I hope Saddler just tears the Eels apart in attack as he ceratianly has the ability and... the refs ignore his possible indiscretions. I'm looking forward to the game, as I think we have some serious 'grunt' up forward, as long as they keep the tackles low.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Have to say I am happy with this weeks selection. I honestly prefer Shoe staying in the back row and Cust coming in to play 5/8. Not that Shoe wouldn't be great at it because we know he would be, but right now the team is working very well with him in the back row so the best thing would be just to replace Foz with Cade at minimal disruption to the rest of the lineup.

What is interesting is that Siro hasn't even been named on the extended bench or for Blacktown. It would appear that they are being really cautious with injuries right now. Turbo probably could have returned for the game against the Warriors in Gosford, but they didn't rush him and he got that extra week's rest. And I think they are doing the same with Siro. Even Suli isn't straight back into the starting side despite that we've lost more players to injury lately (Walker, Aloiai, Foran).

Ryan

Journey Man
Have to say I am happy with this weeks selection. I honestly prefer Shoe staying in the back row and Cust coming in to play 5/8. Not that Shoe wouldn't be great at it because we know he would be, but right now the team is working very well with him in the back row so the best thing would be just to replace Foz with Cade at minimal disruption to the rest of the lineup.

What is interesting is that Siro hasn't even been named on the extended bench or for Blacktown. It would appear that they are being really cautious with injuries right now. Turbo probably could have returned for the game against the Warriors in Gosford, but they didn't rush him and he got that extra week's rest. And I think they are doing the same with Siro. Even Suli isn't straight back into the starting side despite that we've lost more players to injury lately (Walker, Aloiai, Foran).

James Rahme projected Walker to return last week or this (but now say after the bye).
Sironen was due last week, but James has said at least another few weeks...assume after the bye.
They say Foran is 2-3 weeks (hope we get him back some time before finals)...

Rocky

Bencher
Like the team except Saddler he is a hot head an with the new rules he will find himself in the sin bin or off.

Cant carry hotheads anymore.
Yeah i'm keen to see Saddler get a decent run to see what he can do..but agree he would be most likely to cost us with a sin bin or send off

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
James Rahme projected Walker to return last week or this (but now say after the bye).
Sironen was due last week, but James has said at least another few weeks...assume after the bye.
I doubt we see either Siro or Walker to after the bye. Fresh to bolster the tired origin players perhaps.

Sir Pigman

Reserve Grader
Only a guess but maybe the club was suggesting he would come back early anticipating some suspension would be given to him due to his court case.

If he was seen as fit some of the suspension would have been eaten up whilst he was still injured.

If he was seen as still injured they may have given a more lengthy suspension so he actually missed some games.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member

West is now best.

After decades of claiming financial and geographic superiority, Manly has claimed the “battlers” tag ahead of Sunday’s blockbuster against Western Sydney rivals Parramatta.

The Sea Eagles even went as far as to label Parramatta as the new “Silvertails.”

In a throwback to the 1980s, Manly and Parramatta meet at Bankwest Stadium as two of the NRL’s form sides, Parramatta having won five straight games while Manly has claimed five of its past six matches.

Once the millionaires of rugby league, Manly now look on enviously at wealthy Parramatta, who play at a $300 million stadium, train at a $40 million Centre of Excellence, have significant Government support, enjoy the benefits of a wealthy Leagues Club, boast a playing roster which includes 14 representative stars, have won eight of 10 games this season and have a record 30,700 members.
Big f**king deal. They're still a s**t sucking scumhole cesspit of a club who haven't won s**t in 35 years. More spoons than a nana's tea set and supported by 30000 fukwit, dribbling ,feral ,mongies who only surpass the vermin for lack of dental hygiene.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Mate who would know when any of them are back. Certainly not our dart throwing rehab department. Pick a date , double it and then divide by the first number you think of. F**k me dead it's hopeless.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
When did Rahme project Walker back last week? Everything I've seen from day 1 said 6-8 weeks and we are week 5.

Sirro seems to be lingering but injury recovering is not an exact science.

It seems simplistic to simply blame the head physio when we know absolutely nothing about it

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18