PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I'm worried with Harper and Saab defending against Sivo, papalli. Harps and Saab stick tough and fast but he is a beast and a big boy, who Parker owned last time.
On the otherside I'm not sure Parker and Garrick can take full advantage of the defensive weakness of Blake and Ferguson.
I'd be very tempted to swap Harps and Saab side with Parker and Garrick.

Would have Turbo, Shu, Harps and Saab attacking down that side all night.

I'm worried with Harper and Saab defending against Sivo, papalli. Harps and Saab stick tough and fast but he is a beast and a big boy, who Parker owned last time.
On the otherside I'm not sure Parker and Garrick can take full advantage of the defensive weakness of Blake and Ferguson.
I'd be very tempted to swap Harps and Saab side with Parker and Garrick.

Would have Turbo, Shu, Harps and Saab attacking down that side all night.
Reuben marking sivo gives me actual nightmares

I’m pretty sure Des will have a plan for their wingers. It’s a couple of the others that concern me; Papalihi (not sure of spelling) has been tearing most teams in attack and I hate saying it but spooky la la 1 and 2 need watching and shutting down.

Pretty simple this week, we have to get on top in the forwards, or at least match them there. Their play all runs off Junior Bowling Ballo then Ferguson Brown and RCG hammering through the middle, Moses kicks long, and next minute you have your backs to the wall coming off your own line.
Their back row and bench is also pretty direct and effective.
So we need to tire out the bowling ball, otherwise our backs aren't going to get much room to do their stuff.
Periodt A House Divided GIF by UMC - Stream Black Better

Pretty simple this week, we have to get on top in the forwards, or at least match them there. Their play all runs off Junior Bowling Ballo then Ferguson Brown and RCG hammering through the middle, Moses kicks long, and next minute you have your backs to the wall coming off your own line.
Their back row and bench is also pretty direct and effective.
So we need to tire out the bowling ball, otherwise our backs aren't going to get much room to do their stuff.
Periodt A House Divided GIF by UMC - Stream Black Better
Wonder if Des has thought of this

Reuben marking sivo gives me actual nightmares
True, and why I said almost haha.
Saab's defence has improved but if he backpedalling and gives Sivo room to ramp up it will be a nightmare anyway, was thinking Parker on that side might contain him more.
I'm sure Des has a plan and I'm a numbnut for thinking it.

True, and why I said almost haha.
Saab's defence has improved but if he backpedalling and gives Sivo room to ramp up it will be a nightmare anyway, was thinking Parker on that side might contain him more.
I'm sure Des has a plan and I'm a numbnut for thinking it.
This would be the perfect opportunity to post vision of Parker 'crippling' Silvo legally with a magnificent tackle at Brookie last season.

Big f**king deal. They're still a s**t sucking scumhole cesspit of a club who haven't won s**t in 35 years. More spoons than a nana's tea set and supported by 30000 fukwit, dribbling ,feral ,mongies who only surpass the vermin for lack of dental hygiene.
Did I mention in another thread that Doesn'tmatta have won the wooden spoon on average every 5.3 years? Writings this again has given me the same joy, if not more, than the first time.

I reckon the key will be closing down their 2nd phase play....they will look to do this early as a statement and win momentum....the Manly over the past 5 weeks or so has looked very stable, so Eels will try comprimise the middle first and then spread wide....Eels will basically set up towards the posts and look for that 2nd man shift left with Gutho, I have a feel the edge of Guoc, Harper and Saab will be tested all day and if theu hold up, we definately have points in us and I don't think their defence is as good as many judges do, especially against fast direct play and speed, which we now have....

Turbo and Schu will be attacking their left edge all day. Also watch for DCE to pull out one or two forty-twenties, not to mention another early kick to a chasing Saab. Sivo doesn't turn and chase as quickly as some and they will look to exploit that.

In that article on Parra's forum this was slipped in " As influential as he is, Tom Trbojevic has only won 2 from 7 against the Eels, scoring only 1 try last winning in 2019." Don't you love a Stat that supports a Parra Win. Only problem with stats is, before the match in 2019, the statement went, As influential as he is, Tom Trbojevic has only won 1 from 5 against the Eels.

In that article on Parra's forum this was slipped in " As influential as he is, Tom Trbojevic has only won 2 from 7 against the Eels, scoring only 1 try last winning in 2019." Don't you love a Stat that supports a Parra Win. Only problem with stats is, before the match in 2019, the statement went, As influential as he is, Tom Trbojevic has only won 1 from 5 against the Eels.
Do those stats take into account the game we were robbed of last year

Its a fair stat to quote, just part of the pre-game buildup. I thought that article was a pretty good piece, actually.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10