PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 6, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Players that concern me are McInnes, T Sims and Aitken always gives us trouble.
Don't wanna put the mock on our wide defence, but have been doing a great job shutting down attacks with smart committed reads and good contact....and throw both Parker and Suli into that equation, been really digging in and sticking.

Souths Cook is the more damaging player than McInness and we can shut the fck out of him . We can shut the fck out of McInness .

If we can hold the 3 big Burgess boys out then we can do the same with Sims

. Aitken is a great player but our back line defence has improved and will keep improving .

If we keep believing we will keep delivering

Last edited:
Maybe St George will be over confident @:D
They are definitely over confident re-signing Mary till end 2021.Had a great start last year as well but no offer then? Few wins and the future is all clear! Now for Brad Arthur to win another game and he’ll have extended contract as well .

They have a strong, mobile pack that plays really quick through the middle. The key will be our marker defence. If the marker falls asleep then their forwards will roll right through us. Having said that, de Belin was huge for them getting that roll on through the middle last year. Vaughan has stepped up but if we target him and tire him out then it'll go a long way in winning the game.

Look forward to St Merge getting canned in the penalties, the Bunker blowing up at Sims and co, and Hunt running around like a headless chook. Api and Fainu tag teaming, running rampant from Dummy Half while OUR big boppers rip em new ones. Mary Mary shaking in his boots as hears Des roaring next door...
Wollongong is not going to be the same after this one !!
GO MANLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have a strong, mobile pack that plays really quick through the middle. The key will be our marker defence. If the marker falls asleep then their forwards will roll right through us. Having said that, de Belin was huge for them getting that roll on through the middle last year. Vaughan has stepped up but if we target him and tire him out then it'll go a long way in winning the game.
Agree, Vaughan and Frizelle are the keys for them, stop them and we'll go a long way in this game

The Dragons Voodoo over the last few years was largely assisted by the crappy Barrett Manly defence.

Now that Des is back and our defence is vastly superior, i believe that we will frustrate the Dragons into throwing the ball around a lot more than they normally would, playing more sideways, causing some unforced errors.

I’m normally optimistic, but playing at WIN, no AFB, and possibly hitting a flat spot after three momentous wins, Dragons by 10. I’m also a crap punter, so hopefully Jinxed em.

Wouldn’t it be funny if St Merge jump out to an 18-0 lead , only to be overtaken by Manly who get there after being given a staggering 7 penalties is a row?

Impossible you say.

Mmmmm.

The Dragons Voodoo over the last few years was largely assisted by the crappy Barrett Manly defence.

Now that Des is back and our defence is vastly superior, i believe that we will frustrate the Dragons into throwing the ball around a lot more than they normally would, playing more sideways, causing some unforced errors.
I was interested to see on the NRL website that Hasler actually has an excellent record (6-1) coaching against McGregor. I certainly think that our showing against the dragons will be far stronger than any of Barrett's efforts

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8