PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 6, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You heading down Bozo or working ? The boys need you !

I am working all through this Easter break mate unfortunately . That's shift work for you but I always travel when I can to support our team.

We do not have a good record against the Dragons down the Coast having only won just one game out of the eight played down there .

What does this mean ?

It means we will be going down there 100% focused and full of confidence from winning our previous 3 games through our great character and resilience and against the odds .

We have won against the odds this year and we can do it again .

The Dragons are due for a loss down there and we are due for a win .

KEY STATS, courtesy of the Fox Sports lab

Dragons

— The Dragons are ranked first in tackle busts (29.2 per game), third in metres (1479 per game) while having the second best completion rate (79.5%).

— Corey Norman has the second most try assists (seven, behind Keary’s 10) and equal second most linebreak assists this season (seven, behind Clint Gutherson’s eight).

— Cameron McInnes has the most dummy half run metres (262) and has made the second most tackles (220).

Sea Eagles

— Manly has scored eight tries through the centre of the field this season, the most of any team. Four of Manly’s 18 tries have come from when starting its set inside their own half, the

most of any team.

— Jorge Taufua has scored six tries in seven games for Manly against the Dragons, the equal most by a Sea Eagles player against the merged side (Brett Stewart also has six from his 15 games).

— Des Hasler has won 11 of the past 12 games coached against the Dragons since 2012. This is in stark contrast to how he started his coaching career against the Dragons, winning just four of his opening 15 games between 2004-11.

I am working all through this Easter break mate unfortunately . That's shift work for you but I always travel when I can to support our team.

We do not have a good record against the Dragons down the Coast having only won just one game out of the eight played down there .

What does this mean ?

It means we will be going down there 100% focused and full of confidence from winning our previous 3 games through our great character and resilience and against the odds .

We have won against the odds this year and we can do it again .

The Dragons are due for a loss down there and we are due for a win .

KEY STATS, courtesy of the Fox Sports lab

Dragons

— The Dragons are ranked first in tackle busts (29.2 per game), third in metres (1479 per game) while having the second best completion rate (79.5%).

— Corey Norman has the second most try assists (seven, behind Keary’s 10) and equal second most linebreak assists this season (seven, behind Clint Gutherson’s eight).

— Cameron McInnes has the most dummy half run metres (262) and has made the second most tackles (220).

Sea Eagles

— Manly has scored eight tries through the centre of the field this season, the most of any team. Four of Manly’s 18 tries have come from when starting its set inside their own half, the

most of any team.

— Jorge Taufua has scored six tries in seven games for Manly against the Dragons, the equal most by a Sea Eagles player against the merged side (Brett Stewart also has six from his 15 games).

— Des Hasler has won 11 of the past 12 games coached against the Dragons since 2012. This is in stark contrast to how he started his coaching career against the Dragons, winning just four of his opening 15 games between 2004-11.
Ahhhhh but Des has a strike of 11 from 12 there I'm sure.

Ahhhhh but Des has a strike of 11 from 12 there I'm sure.

This game will not be won on the back of yesterdays stats .

This game will be won on the back of the team that wants the win more on game day .

The best way to unsettle and rattle the confidence out of the Dragons is to frustrate them with resilient defence that we have proved to be capable of in our last 3 winning games .

If we maintain our belief and our rage we will come away with a win

Better us sign players that aren’t hyped in the media. I always like the quite signings that you don’t ever read about before hand. Clubs just get into a bidding war and panic and through big money at players that aren’t worth it.
On that note I think we just need to sign one centre then pump our money into our jrs.
Retention is where it’s at for us right now.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
This game will not be won on the back of yesterdays stats .

This game will be won on the back of the team that wants the win more on game day .

The best way to unsettle and rattle the confidence out of the Dragons is to frustrate them with resilient defence that we have proved to be capable of in our last 3 winning games .

If we maintain our belief and our rage we will come away with a win
Get stuck into Hunt man .

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/04/19/nrl-squad-reduced-for-dragons-match/

Manly team

1 Brendan Elliot

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Moses Suli

4 Brad Parker

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Kane Elgey

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

17 Toafofoa Sipley

9 Apisai Koroisau

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Manase Fainu

15 Jack Gosiewski

16 Corey Waddell

18 Kelepi Tanginoa

20 Morgan Boyle

23 Lachlan Croker

Win this and I’m converted. Thought we’d be 10th or lower .Top six possible if we beat Saints at WIN without AFB Tommy and Walker

I’d love a big fat chunk of humble pie for dinner tonight please Des.

We are a reasonable chance , have a feeling the Dragons might just take us a little easy.

That said if we can stay within 10-12 of them I’ll be happy.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Should be an easy win for Manly as the perception is still that we are spoon worthy
giphy.gif

Win this and I’m converted. Thought we’d be 10th or lower .Top six possible if we beat Saints at WIN without AFB Tommy and Walker

I’d love a big fat chunk of humble pie for dinner tonight please Des.

top 6 is a minimum to pass this year, we made that in 17 with plenty of issues and a sh!t coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6