PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 6, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dragons v Sea Eagles: Round 6 preview
NRL.com

And another thing ...
The work being done by starting No.9 Api Koroisau and his bench replacement Manase Fainu must be pleasing coach Des Hasler. The pair of hookers are nimble and energetic as they manoeuvre around tired forwards in the defensive line. Koroisau made a line break against the Knights, while Fainu had four tackle breaks against the Rabbitohs the previous week.

Best part of the review imo. They’ll work the Dragons forwards over big time. Really confident of a win in Wollongong.

Am I the only one, or do others think that we would do better with Tanginoa in the side ahead of Gosiewski or possibly Waddell? They seem quite similar really...both have an upside, but they’re not game breakers (yet). Whereas, I think that having Tanginoa on the bench gives us that x-factor to break a line open or pull off a massive hit.

Both boys are doing fine, can’t fault their time on the field - but I do reckon we just have a bit more in the tank with a dynamic meat-axe like Tangles off the bench.
Jetski is on the bench to cover centre spot as well.

More like a Beaver utility role although not quite as effective @:cool:

I think that Sam Smith has also been a forward and a back. Interesting that he made the extended bench already :)

Smith looks a likely lad. Surely Boyle won’t play. Not even close to being right for this step up. Down the track yes. But not now.

Take three world class players( two probably the best players in their position ) out of any side, let alone a side lacking depth, and it’s too tough, especially away against a team that owns us.

Tipped us the last couple of weeks but Dragons by quite a few I’m afraid, but we’ll be having a go.

Bookies agree with you Sue but I live in hope. St Merge have the advantage over us in that they've had a core of players together for a while and they've been playing consistent footy for a couple of years.
Generally not brilliant or devastating footy, but strong and quite consistent.
We've been doing that too for a few weeks now.
So if we maintain our own strong form I see a pretty close game unfolding!

And I’ll be hoping you are absolutely 100 percent correct SE8.

Put it this way. If we win Saturday then Tom Walker and AFB are added to the mix later then we are a top 6 standard side, something I woukd not have even contemplated a few weeks ago. A wonderful testament to Des and the God of Koolaid , our own BOZO.

It’s pretty apparent already that coaches do matter and good ones are worth every cent.

Last edited:
It’s pretty apparent already that coaches do matter and good ones are worth every cent.
How true! It’s a pretty tough old profession, NRL coach, hard to break into and hard to keep up when you get there. We’re fortunate to have Des back at the helm, I’m confident we are now heading in the right direction.
Has to be a plus from a recruitment point of view, too.

Smith looks a likely lad. Surely Boyle won’t play. Not even close to being right for this step up. Down the track yes. But not now.

Take three world class players( two probably the best players in their position ) out of any side, let alone a side lacking depth, and it’s too tough, especially away against a team that owns us.

Tipped us the last couple of weeks but Dragons by quite a few I’m afraid, but we’ll be having a go.

I afraid I agree with you.

We’ve done spectacularly well ( considering) for the last 3 weeks but I feel this is a Bridge too far.

I afraid I agree with you.

We’ve done spectacularly well ( considering) for the last 3 weeks but I feel this is a Bridge too far.

Dont forget feathered friend

Sea eagles dont worry about bridges . We fly over them with ease

images.jpg

Dont forget feathered friend

Sea eagles dont worry about bridges . We fly over them with ease

View attachment 11204

Lol, If an artist has to include arrows to show the viewer the difference between an eagle and a bridge.... drawing is not for them!

GO MANLY! All the way to VICTORY!

- Will Des travel to the game with a contract in hand for Aitken?

If the refs decide to screw us over again we won't beat the Dragons, they're good frontrunners. Our best chance is to blitz them early, get a lead up, then frustrate them out of the match.

Players that concern me are McInnes, T Sims and Aitken always gives us trouble.
Don't wanna put the mock on our wide defence, but have been doing a great job shutting down attacks with smart committed reads and good contact....and throw both Parker and Suli into that equation, been really digging in and sticking.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7