PONGA switch to halves as Knights chase GARRICK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think its possible that in the not too distant future other fullback options may rise at manly so his fullback cover coin is probably only required for another season and i think he is signed anyway, probably for unders

he is a good winger / kicker but not worth breaking the bank for, Or even pushing the bank too hard. It would seem manly will need some loyalty concession to retain him after next season.

our low percentage style of play needs bash and barge wingers anyway that can defuse, and bring us out of our territory with 40% of the ball.

its time to start assembling a resilience squad to cater for our game choices , as it seems we will persevere doing the same

Love rubes and he's been a great stand in for tom. But there's other blokes who can do that too.

If he wants to go the club has to play it like melbourne. He stays for 2023 unless we get someone suitable in return.

Not best we need a hooker or a middle foward

Love rubes and he's been a great stand in for tom. But there's other blokes who can do that too.

If he wants to go the club has to play it like melbourne. He stays for 2023 unless we get someone suitable in return.

Yep , and it’s about time these players learnt that a contract is a contract.

I hope Garrick doesn't get a cubicle named after himself like Kalyn (really what sort of name is that anyway)

Screenshot_20220822-095838_Samsung Internet.jpg

If Garrick leaves we've done it to ourselves. Instead of replacing Tom with a genuine fullback like Weekes we've shifted our best winger to fullback and for what, to push up his value and finish 11th - not saying Reuben is at any fault for that (our best player this year IMO) but we'd likely be in the same spot had he stayed on the wing.

The fact he has remained unsigned beyond next year is crazy, should have extended that contract before we moved him to fullback but I guess early contract extensions around here only apply to overpaid and underperforming halfbacks.

We do need a centre. In our prime we had Lyon & Matai as a combination. A fit Best and Koula could make for a mean pairing. Parker as cover is good too. My concern is our fitness team have shown they struggle to keep injury riddled players on the park. I don’t want best if he’s only going to be Tommy’s rehab partner

wow - not sure what games some of you people are watching but until that hip pointer injury Garrick was easily one our best week in and week out. Again he is all effort and heart. It seems people on here want the splashy players with flair.. they forget about desire, effort, heart, commitment and Garrick has all those. Would I want half of the non performing mob we have or a team built around Jake, Garrick, Davey, Foran, Croker. I would rather have 13 all heart players who get their jobs done and play with passion and commitment and give us 100% every week and at least stay in the contest and not give up. Anyone on here saying Garrick is a poor fullback or willing to let him go are simply crazy - he is a great backup fullback and a fabulous winger. We need 13 Garrick's with his effort and commitment and get rid of the plodders and pretenders.

wow - not sure what games some of you people are watching but until that hip pointer injury Garrick was easily one our best week in and week out. Again he is all effort and heart. It seems people on here want the splashy players with flair.. they forget about desire, effort, heart, commitment and Garrick has all those. Would I want half of the non performing mob we have or a team built around Jake, Garrick, Davey, Foran, Croker. I would rather have 13 all heart players who get their jobs done and play with passion and commitment and give us 100% every week and at least stay in the contest and not give up. Anyone on here saying Garrick is a poor fullback or willing to let him go are simply crazy - he is a great backup fullback and a fabulous winger. We need 13 Garrick's with his effort and commitment and get rid of the plodders and pretenders.
I think most comments were they they liked Garrick but wouldn't overpay for him.

There is a price that you don't re-sign him.

Serious? he is trash at fullback he can **** off to the knights if he wants more money.

Mate ... if you would be happy to play on the wing for $200,000 rather than take a contract to play fullback for $800,000 ... I fear for your gene pool ...

Could not agree more!! Honestly, I don’t know what game some people on here are watching. Garrick has been OUTSTANDING on the field this year and past years. His service to this club is unquestionable both on and off the field. Whenever I’ve encountered him off the field he is such a great bloke. Willing to talk, not a wanker and able to hold an adult conversation. We should be doing everything we can to hold onto him. If he hadn’t been here this year things would have been much worse.

Could not agree more!! Honestly, I don’t know what game some people on here are watching. Garrick has been OUTSTANDING on the field this year and past years. His service to this club is unquestionable both on and off the field. Whenever I’ve encountered him off the field he is such a great bloke. Willing to talk, not a wanker and able to hold an adult conversation. We should be doing everything we can to hold onto him. If he hadn’t been here this year things would have been much worse.

I think pretty much everyone wants to keep Garrick, we just can't pay him fullback money....and nor should we.

If another club wants to pay him fullback money, then there is not a lot we can do, but thank him for his service and wish him all the best.

There are others in the Manly squad who can fill in at fullback for Tom.

I think most comments were they they liked Garrick but wouldn't overpay for him.

There is a price that you don't re-sign him.
he is an out and out champion as opposed to a star - we just need to pay him orrrrrrr show him we are fair dinkum about creating a club with culture and a vision and he ends up staying for less. Not all players are about the money BUT they want to see a club that has a culture and has a plan... sadly at the moment if we lose Garrick, Foran and Davey that is three of maybe 6 players we have who give great effort every week. We are in for a huge huge disaster next year if we let him go as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8