PONGA switch to halves as Knights chase GARRICK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Certainly the drums on this one are getting louder. Good luck Reubs if he gets a bigger deal but don't think your career will get any better in that basketcase club. It's like like jumping from the fat into the fire.

Certainly the drums on this one are getting louder. Good luck Reubs if he gets a bigger deal but don't think your career will get any better in that basketcase club. It's like like jumping from the fat into the fire.
Yes apart from the $$$$ I can’t see the point really , completely different if the Storm were after him

We are getting our first spoon next season
Yep and if we lose both our games this year and first game next year des will have the greatest number of defeats in a row as a coach with manly on his record.

He will also have a much worse record win/loss ratio at the end of 2022 season than when toovey got the sack yet he is safe a coach of our club.

Just mind boggling.

For the record I don't think 2V's is our solution to our coaching problem but the way Des has been given a free pass this year really pisses me off.

Last edited:
Yep and if we lose both our games this year and first 2 next year des will have the greatest number of defeats in a row as a coach with manly on his record.

He will also have a much worse record win/loss ratio at the end of 2022 season than when toovey got the sack yet he is safe a coach of our club.

Just mind boggling.

For the record I don't think 2V's is our solution to our coaching problem but the way Des has been given a free pass this year really pisses me off.
1 game at a time.

Yep and if we lose both our games this year and first 2 next year des will have the greatest number of defeats in a row as a coach with manly on his record.

Just mind boggling.

Close. All we need to lose is these next two final games to equal the most consecutive losses (7) by Manly ever in 75 years (and we need to lose just one match (8) next season to beat it). Since his return, he's already equalled our worst ever losing streak once.

Close. All we need to lose is these next two final games to equal the most consecutive losses (7) by Manly ever in 75 years (and we need to lose just one match (8) next season to beat it). Since his return, he's already equalled our worst ever losing streak once.
Your right

will fix this up but wow with our first round record it almost is a certainty to happen the way we are playing.

I think we’ll lose the next two , and for a number of reasons , nothing to play for and a pretty fair injury crises.

And we usually lose the first game of every season so the record will be broken.

But let’s not sink to the depths of despair just yet ( for 2023) as we don’t even know who is in the team yet.

Come on guys I know you’re hurting but no need to slit the wrists just yet.

I think we’ll lose the next two , and for a number of reasons , nothing to play for and a pretty fair injury crises.

And we usually lose the first game of every season so the record will be broken.

But let’s not sink to the depths of despair just yet ( for 2023) as we don’t even know who is in the team yet.

Come on guys I know you’re hurting but no need to slit the wrists just yet.
No-one is splitting wrists mate. They are actual noted statistics, that will go down in the record books forever.

Sad part is, I think this streak will last much longer than 8, and normally these things go up by increments of one's, but Dessie is gonna blow this one out of the water.

Garrick is not worth fullback money. He is a turnstile in defence when he is the last line of defence. Paying him fullback money would be salary cap suicide and stupidity. We actually need one less player eating up a million dollars of our cap and not another one. If he gets fullback money from Newcastle then he should take it.

Garrick is not worth fullback money. He is a turnstile in defence when he is the last line of defence. Paying him fullback money would be salary cap suicide and stupidity. We actually need one less player eating up a million dollars of our cap and not another one. If he gets fullback money from Newcastle then he should take it.
Got to give him a wrap for his much improved running and attacking game and ruck hit ups the past 18 months or so but that last line of defence, , just has not seemed to have improved one bit unfortunately

Well to be fair, you're not actually quoting stats entirely. You're predicting that we'll go on to lose the next 3-4 games (or more) and that will be our longest losing streak. That's not a stat, that's a prediction. However, I'm afraid you might be right 😖
Yes it’s a prediction not a stat , and he may be right but he also may be wrong as it’s a prediction only.

And how you can make a prediction beyond the next two games amazes me.

A) we don’t know the make up of the team that will run out in March 23.
B) we don’t even know who we are playing , it could be the Premiers or it could be the spooners.

I just think we all need to settle a bit.

Yes it’s a **** time right now but the sun will come up again in 2023 and who knows how we will fare.

Cowboys came near last in 2021, now a possible Grand Finalist, and primarily with one or two changes to their team.

Anything is possible.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8