Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Class of 96

Bencher
@wpasterfield

NRL: **** As I said on the #EarlyMorningShow @MacquarieSport earlier this morning; my strong mail is that Neil Henry will be the new coach of Manly on a cut-price 2 yr deal! #SeaEagles .. #FabFri #BarrettExit

Sounds like we are running a reverse auction. Each potential coach gets to submit their lowest working rate, then hey presto, we have a winner.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Anthony Mundine?

You smoke these don't you.....:p

18377_283708817746_6954074_n.jpg

double hoops

First Grader
Neil Evans will know. Sad Sad day. If Penns are still do everything on the cheap they are the cancer killing our club. They must find it hard walking down Manly at the moment.

If they had Madge taking over with money to burn, it would be a step in the right direction.

Henry because he'll do it for next to nothing wow.

Neil Evens is a better source than any journo out their.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
View attachment 9250 This is real and I love the idea .,saw this on Facebook

We at the Brookvale Hotel strongly believe that Manly should “Bring Back Tooves” as coach of the Sea Eagles, arguably the toughest man to ever play the game of Rugby League. He coached the club for four seasons, making it to Finals three times and a Grand Final appearance in 2013, with a winning strike rate of 58%. Manly needs to be a force once more and to be trained by one of its own!
#BringBackTooves #PennsWhatAreYouDoing
That pub benefited very nicely from the state government decision back in the 1990s to allow pokies in pubs, to the detriment of the LC just up the road. Which is just one of several reasons the Sea Eagles find themselves in their current predicament.

So whilst the pub’s view might be sincere, they have done very nicely at the leagues’ club and thus the football club’s expense.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Neil Evans will know. Sad Sad day. If Penns are still do everything on the cheap they are the cancer killing our club. They must find it hard walking down Manly at the moment.

If they had Madge taking over with money to burn, it would be a step in the right direction.

Henry because he'll do it for next to nothing wow.

Neil Evens is a better source than any journo out their.

44% win ratio

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/neil-henry/summary.html

55% Madge
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/michael-maguire/summary.html

58% Dez
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/des-hasler/summary.html

55% 2v
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/geoff-toovey/summary.html

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Bring back Des - cheaper than most as he would be desperate, Knows the joint and will do what it takes to get us back to being competitive on the field

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
This site is gonna get f*#ken BROKEN if TB stays on.... I'm hoping he does tbh because I am not massively inspired by the possible replacements...
1. Madge - not Manly which btw has been the most commonly identified problem with TB
2. Henry - see Madge comment... oh, and he's sh*t
3. Cartwright - see Henry comment x3
4. Des - FMD, traiterous pr*ck that contributed heavily to our last 7 years of pain
5. Tooves - Legend with good record ( but with much better team) and the club would likely implode if he was put back in the middle of it
6. Tim Sheens, Hook - Comment 1, 2 etc....
6.5 Walker brothers - 1/2 Manly but rookies at NRL level (although so was Des)
7. Martin Bella - wait, I really like that one... where is big Marty, didn't he have an IQ of 300 or something??

Last edited:

lurker

Beaver lover
That pub benefited very nicely from the state government decision back in the 1990s to allow pokies in pubs, to the detriment of the LC just up the road. Which is just one of several reasons the Sea Eagles find themselves in their current predicament.

So whilst the pub’s view might be sincere, they have done very nicely at the leagues’ club and thus the football club’s expense.
It’s not pubs that killed the lc it was poor management and a lack of vision. Pubs didn’t kill the DY RSL. They changed and evolved and constantly diversified their revenue stream (e.g. amf bowling, laser tag etc.).

I said it the other day. I wish the rsl was the clubs partner. They could afford to support manly

The Who

Journey Man
This site is gonna get f*#ken BROKEN if TB stays on.... I'm hoping he does tbh because I am not massively inspired by the possible replacements...
1. Madge - not Manly which btw has been the most commonly identified problem with TB
2. Henry - see Madge comment... oh, and he's sh*t
3. Cartwright - see Henry comment x3
4. Des - FMD, traiterous pr*ck that contributed heavily to our last 7 years of pain
5. Tooves - Legend with good record ( but with much better team) and the club would likely implode if he was put back in the middle of it
6. Tim Sheens, Hook, Walker brothers - Comment 1, 2, 3 etc....
7. Martin Bella - wait, I really like that one... where is big Marty, didn't he have an IQ of 300 or something??
Ben Walker did play with Manly and the Northern Eagles. He played 26 matches for the NE and 16 for Manly. He was a scoring 'machine' racking up a total of 417 points for the NE and Manly.
So. He can't be classified as not knowing the Manly culture.
What other objection do you have to him and his brother?

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Penn will have egg on his face if he goes for a non Manly coach. Imagine the backlash if we are 1 and 5 at the start of next season and stuck with say Henry for 2 years .
Remember “ it’s a results driven business” penn said those words
Henry while good bloke and cheap is not the answer we need
Absolutely piss poor decision if true by penn and co.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
Ben Walker did play with Manly and the Northern Eagles. He played 26 matches for the NE and 16 for Manly. He was a scoring 'machine' racking up a total of 417 points for the NE and Manly.
So. He can't be classified as not knowing the Manly culture.
What other objection do you have to him and his brother?
I love the fact that the Walkers are willing to think outside the box but, have they really accomplished that much? From what I can see, they one great season for the Jets 3 years ago, and have had pretty mediocre seasons since. Still, it would be great to get some different thinking into the club as well as the game in general (that doesn't involve wrestling moves).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12