Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoppa

Reserve Grader
Don’t want Neil Henry. He have been sacked from three clubs and has had limited success. My preference would be Hasler head coach, Toovey assistant, Don Singe and Matt Ballin as fit net trainers.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I can't support Henry coming in... nothing personal. We are at a critical juncture in our history as a club. We need bold strong decisions that bring hope and unite all Manly people. Henry as an appointment is just more of the same same from our current owners.... managing a mess from the same conservative cost-cutting mentality is not going to save us, in my opinion.

Clivus00

Reserve Grader
Maguire seems to have a good footy brain.
Not a big fan of Hasler. Attack will be anaemic but at least his team will play some defence.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
Madge has stated he hasn't spoken to the Broncos but is keen on a return to the NRL, and that it needs to be the right club.
Seibold has come out saying he isn't leaving south's, and roumors linking him to Broncos is untrue.
No Mention from Maguire about his link to Manly is interesting?

brad

First Grader
If Henry is coach ( and nothing against him as a bloke) we will travel down the same path as Barrett . We need Toovey or Hasler or both to get us back to we're we should be. Everyone doesn't get on with someone in a work place, so suck it up and make it happen Penncil.

damiennp90

Bencher
Tooves was just on mmm.

Said he'd love to come back but didn't think the owners would want him.

Also that this arvo he was going on a boat with Des. And when Hooper said you should get him to be your assistant tooves said, nah I was his captain.

Who knows.

Jigzkiller

Bencher
We could be stuck with Barrett Zorba has gone from white anting him and blaming him for everything last week in his column to this week kissing his ass and saying that everyone loves him and blaming the manager Beavis.

davohan123

First Grader
Tipping Member
Had a really close friend be in a box with penns last night he just called me ( I am just relaying what he said to me please don’t shoot the messenger just passing on what he told me and wanted this to be passed on)

Penns no way in hell want 2V’s back, they blame him for brake down with management and don’t trust him.

Penns also say Trent has asked for a payout but again no way in hell is he going to get it,he won’t leave unless he gets one. From that and Zorba MD column it will be Neil Henry next year I think.

Thirdly my friend said when someone in the box mentioned about members being angry with them they just laughed and said something on the lines of members , they are the least of our problems. Shocking thing to hear them say. Us members and supporters mean nothing to these blokes

Last edited:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm starting to get the feeling that it's unworkable.

As in; even if Trent got all he asked for, the Penn / Barrett relationship is so toxic it is untenable.

It feels like Barrett is asking for a payout, Penns are saying you get nuttin as you quit, so a stalemate is in effect.

Just an opinion though.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
I'm starting to get the feeling that it's unworkable.

As in; even if Trent got all he asked for, the Penn / Barrett relationship is so toxic it is untenable.

It feels like Barrett is asking for a payout, Penns are saying you get nuttin as you quit, so a stalemate is in effect.

Just an opinion though.
This is it for sure.

double hoops

First Grader
Zorbas article even says that any new coach will be cheap. Apparently any new players will be cheap, nothing but those not wanted by 15 other clubs is all Penn can afford.
#boothepennboozorbatoo

Penns not willing to spend the money to
#makemanlygreatagain

Penns and Zorba have to go.

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Zorbas article even says that any new coach will be cheap. Apparently any new players will be cheap, nothing but those not wanted by 15 other clubs is all Penn can afford.
#boothepennboozorbatoo

Penns not willing to spend the money to
#makemanlygreatagain

Penns and Zorba have to go.
It's almost like they bought a team and didn't realise they had to spend money. They get 13 mill a year from the nrl how ****ing tight can you be?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16