Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Maquire denies that he has been spoken to by the Donkeys and I believe him. I note that he indicated that he was keen to coach at NRL level again but the choice of club was important which suggests to me he is not interested in our mess. Who could blame him.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
IMG_1151.PNG

Packing down the scrum with these legends

The Who

Journey Man
I love the fact that the Walkers are willing to think outside the box but, have they really accomplished that much? From what I can see, they one great season for the Jets 3 years ago, and have had pretty mediocre seasons since. Still, it would be great to get some different thinking into the club as well as the game in general (that doesn't involve wrestling moves).
I must admit I've not seen how the Walker Brothers have performed as coaches this season. However, I would just like to see how their radical thinking would go for Manly. I go back to the early 1960s and Manly was always a team of flair, with exciting running backs and creative halves. We'd score many length-of-the-field tries and be an exciting team to watch. In the past two seasons we have become predictable, particularly the backline. By opting for a centre like Suli we've changed to the bash-and-crash strategy instead of sticking to speed and agility. I think our backline is our weakness. It looks slow and relies on individual brilliance.
I think the Walker Brothers could have a positive effect on our style of play.
They would be relatively inexpensive to hire, there are two of them so you don't need an 'assistant' coach like Carthorse, and you could sign them on a one-year contract with an option in favour of the club in they succeed. They could also attract some young talent from Ipswich; remembering that Parcell came from there.
I think it would be a worthwhile gamble. It would certainly give me something to look forward to in season 2019.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
I love the fact that the Walkers are willing to think outside the box but, have they really accomplished that much? From what I can see, they one great season for the Jets 3 years ago, and have had pretty mediocre seasons since. Still, it would be great to get some different thinking into the club as well as the game in general (that doesn't involve wrestling moves).
That’s why I would have them as assistants to Maguire

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The TB experiment has died. Last thing we need now is more rookie coaches. I like what the walker brothers are found up north but we just arnt in a position to roll the dice again.

Henry no thanks. Just not a good enough record.

Des was called a traitorous c##t on here earlier in the thread. One of the most successful coaches we ever had that left because if the top office and it's total incompetence... Do any on here really think he would have jumped ship if we went such a fu@K SHOP at the top? I doubt he would come back anyway but if there was ever a chance to cement a legacy it would be to come back and make this team a winner again. If that did happen then it would be job done for the guy... love or hate him has bled for this club and knows what its about.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
It’s not pubs that killed the lc it was poor management and a lack of vision. Pubs didn’t kill the DY RSL. They changed and evolved and constantly diversified their revenue stream (e.g. amf bowling, laser tag etc.).

I said it the other day. I wish the rsl was the clubs partner. They could afford to support manly
i said it was one of the reasons...

Tomay

Bencher
I said in Henry’s dedicated thread at the start of the year that I rate him. Like Cleary he doesn’t care about star status, he wants players that are going to buy in and put in effort. His achievements with the Titans were way above their wooden spoon squad and he went pretty good in Canberra and Townsville. Maybe he is a team and culture builder that sets teams up for someonfor else to win a premiership, but even that is exactly what we need at the moment.

Of course I’d love Dessie and Tooves. In fact I’d be happy if Tooves just did everything, CEO to waterboy.

Madge might be ok as well but I’m concerned the Bunnies had such a good run from the refs during the season they won, as soon as that was over so was he. In terms of personnel management I think he would have learned a lot about his intensity.

They’re all better than Barrett!

D

Deleted member 26876

I'm sorry but if anyone still ****ing believes we should go 'outside the manly box' to save manly they're ****ed. Geoff Toovey and/or Des Hasler are the ONLY credible options, period

Luke_m

Reserve Grader
I'm hearing Neil Henry is a done deal for manly on a two year cut price contract !!

I really hope not I belive we need Toovey or Hasler back to make manly great again !!

The penns again are going the cheap way out !!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18