PLAYER MOVEMENT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get why there are calls to try out Hoppa and Schuster... but Metcalf? He would be absolutely smashed at fullback.

E
Even the Warriors didn’t pick Hoppa this week. Why not? It’s not like they are in the hunt for a top eight spot.

Every mid season player gets a week or two to train with the team and get to know combos and calls before they are selected, I never thought hoppa would get a game 5 days after leaving, but he will be in next week I suspect.

There is no rationalising what we chose to do with hoppa in my opinion

Turbo. Fainu
Hopoate. Okolamunu
Walker. Keppi
Suli. Sipley
Garick
Foran
Dce
A
Cust
Kapow
Jurbo
Siro
Shuster

Foran too old. No thanks.

Let go: Thommo, Walker, Elliott, Taufua (surely ESL will take i him... maybe hes too bad to even play ESL?), Croker, Waddell (Dogs), Gosiewski (Dogs), Sipley / Boyle, Parker if we can... if not, depth. Taupau too.

In: Starling (for Croker), Saab (Taufua), Welch (Taupau), Staggs (Walker), Stone (Thommo), Lino (half depth)

Resign: Levi. Metcalf.
Albert is out of the club - goodbye.

1 Tom 2 Saab 3 Staggs 4 Suli 5 Garrick 6 Cust 7 DCE
8 AFB 9 Levi 10 Welch 11 Olakau’atu 12 Sironen 13 Jake
14 Starling 15 Schuster 16 Keppie 17 Paseka

Staggs is a Wellington boy and wants out of Broncs. Make it happen and finally sign someone of quality. We need a breath of life in the backs.

IMO Division between the ranks occurs primarily because players in the group consider a player or players are not treated fairly or they loose faith in the systems (coaching) or both. The forwards must be sick and tired of getting bashed whilst our incompetent backs bleed points and score few and then keep getting selected whilst talent that they see at training is not selected. Our group has looked divided a number of times during the last 5 years and they look that way again. People want accountability applied to all. Fixing this will take a very high skill set and not fixing it will mean we keep on losing talent underachieving. Radical change in philosophy is required.

Let go: Thommo, Walker, Elliott, Taufua (surely ESL will take i him... maybe hes too bad to even play ESL?), Croker, Waddell (Dogs), Gosiewski (Dogs), Sipley / Boyle, Parker if we can... if not, depth. Taupau too.

In: Starling (for Croker), Saab (Taufua), Welch (Taupau), Staggs (Walker), Stone (Thommo), Lino (half depth)

Staggs is a Wellington boy and wants out of Broncs. Make it happen and finally sign someone of quality. We need a breath of life in the backs.
I love how u assume the dogs will take croker.. if only. He is ours til he is off contract I think

Welch?? Ewww

Cmon mate you think we can just buy all those players? We might get 1 of those.. so do we let all the others go 1st or after?

Go for glory 2021. Scam to hooker, Foz to 5/8, Glass hammies to centre and Hoppa to FB (with some shifting between them through the year). It will either go off like a cracker or implode in a black hole of injuries (but hey, any different to every other season?)

Go for glory 2021. Scam to hooker, Foz to 5/8, Glass hammies to centre and Hoppa to FB (with some shifting between them through the year). It will either go off like a cracker or implode in a black hole of injuries (but hey, any different to every other season?)
That’s a bloody all star team

2020 Unsigned:
Elliot
Metcalf
Williams
Levi
Waddell
Hopoate
Musgrove left in early 2020
Thompson leaving for the UK

2021 Sign:
Kieran Foran
Kotoni Staggs
Nico Hynes
Bayley Sironen
Brendon Smith/Harry Grant
Ray Stone
Tyronne May

2021 Resign:
Albert Hopoate

1. T Trbojevic
2. A Hopoate
3. D Walker
4. K Staggs
5. T Funa
6. K Foran
7. D Cherry Evans
8. J Trbojevic
9. B Smith/ H Grant
10. M Tapau
11. C Sironen
12. H Olakauatu
13. B Sironen
14. C Cust
15. A Fonua Blake
16. T Paseka
17. J Schuster
18. N Hynes
19. T May
20. R Stone
21. S Keppie
22. T Sipley
23. M Suli
24. L Croker
25. J Gosiewski
26. J Tafua
27. R Garrick
28. M Boyle
29. M Harper
30. M Fainu

Last edited:
Anyone really think we'll sign any player of "note" .... not me. Seems like our cap is ****ed.

Good to think of what could be though ......

Anyone really think we'll sign any player of "note" .... not me. Seems like our cap is ****ed.

Good to think of what could be though ......
Nope. I reckon Foz and maybe a Saab or Katoa is our max spending next year and even then we probably have to offload a couple to get them.
Gone:
Elliott
Levi
Thommo
Waddell
Buy Foz and Katoa/Saab... bring up ZDC and Saddler. Cust to 9
Unleash Hoppa, Schuster and Olakau-atu and all of a sudden we look like world beaters again
Turbo
Hoppa
Funa
Suli
Garrick
Foz
Chez
Paseka
Cust
AFB
Olakau-atu
Siro
Jake

Taupau
Keppie
Schuster
Metcalfe

Depth:
Sipley
Boyle
Saddler
Saab**
Parker
Taufua
Croker
ZDC
And the rest......

Last edited:
If we are playing fantasy manager then I'd possibly be looking this way (in a somewhat realistic fashion)

Firstly the Fainu situation. Manly need to speak to the NRL and see if there is any movement on that front. If not we need to go to market.

We also definitely need a winger who can cover at fullback, Young Hoppa if he stays can be that option but hey, two is better than one.

Lastly I think an extra edge backrow option is needed.

That would cover departures of Thompson, Elliott and Williams.

Metcalf IMO is unlikely to make it so happy for him to go but if the club still have faith then they retain (Lino maybe a backup half option).

If we can find buyers for Jetski (Barrett) and Taufua (Uk?) I would do so.....Croker the same though may be a tougher sell.

HOOKER
I'd be targeting Tom Starling whatever happens, we need 2 hookers in the squad, it was crazy to not go into this season that way.
Assuming Fainu remains stood down I'd be sniffing around H Grant or B Smith but as it is looking less likely that Cam will stay on in Melbourne then they are out. Failing that I'd look at Daryl Clark from the UK or maybe Jacob Liddle who has had his injury issues but I rate as a player.
Levi......I'm not against him staying as a backup hooker but not as first option.

WINGER
Charlie Staines is testing the market and I think he is our man. Alternatively I would sniff around Jamayne Isaako who seems to be on the outs at Broncos with Alex Johnston a third option.

BACKROW
I think Isiah Papali'i is a good player with potential who perhaps wouldn't break the bank and could shine away from the Warriors. John Asiata or Keegan Hipgrave other options. and would need two if Jetski goes

THE WILDCARD
Burton, Deardon and Sam Walker are all off contract at the end of next year, speak to them in Nov for 2022. Then if we sign one look at an early release.

In
Clark (Fainu dependent)
Starling
Staines
Papali'i

Out
Thompson
Levi
Elliott
Williams
Jetski
Taufua