PLAYER MOVEMENT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Peats is awful these days.

Honestly, I'd prefer we just kept Levi is that was the case

They guys is like 3rd string at the Titans
Fair call. Was only thinking one year to cover for Fainu who's hopefully back mid year. Other options (looking at who's off contract) are Starling from the Raiders or bring Joey Lussick back from the UK. Nothing ground-breaking I know but looking for a value stop gap.

I am being serious . The porsche has been parked in the garage at 5/8 for too long
You got that right.
Where you see a Porsche I see a broken down VW.
Strange how two passionate Manly fans like us can have such a difference of opinion on a player. Mind you, it's been a long time since he was on the field for more than a couple of minutes, isn't it?

You got that right.
Where you see a Porsche I see a broken down VW.
Strange how two passionate Manly fans like us can have such a difference of opinion on a player. Mind you, it's been a long time since he was on the field for more than a couple of minutes, isn't it?
Yes feathered friend I do love your passion for our club and you are right , we all see things differently ...
This is the way I see it through my own maroon and white eyes
Tom T has broken down a few times but that does not discredit his ability to play .
Bad luck happens but proven talented rep players always bounce back

The last thing Manly wants, after their experience over the past decade, is yet another player nearing the end of his career having had a series of serious injuries.

Foran has missed almost half the games for other clubs in the past five years, through various injuries. If Foran was 21, I'd grab him in an instant. He's 30 and has played something like 63 games out of almost 120 during the period 2016-20. And that's not all in one period. He's missed a large chunk of games with each team he played for (Parramatta, Auckland , Canterbury Bankstown).

Do we forget so quickly what happened with Watmough, Glen Stewart, Brett Stewart, Matai, even Jamie Lyon. Injuries may seem fixed, but we all know as we get older, they take their toll. Taking on Foran, may achieve great short term results. But based upon the last five years, and given he's older and probably slower and debilitated by the lasting effects of past injuries (as you get, as you get older) suggests we would have another Brett Stewart or Matai taking up needed salary for young up and comers.

He's not going to be the Foran of past times, no way. He's still clever, but his way of taking on the line is one of the reasons he gets injured so much. Far too big a risk in my opinion. And remember because of pre-existing injuries, we could not seek a medical reason for application to the NRL, for removing him and avoiding taking up much needed salary. Great player, but now far too risky.

The last thing Manly wants, after their experience over the past decade, is yet another player nearing the end of his career having had a series of serious injuries.

Foran has missed almost half the games for other clubs in the past five years, through various injuries. If Foran was 21, I'd grab him in an instant. He's 30 and has played something like 63 games out of almost 120 during the period 2016-20. And that's not all in one period. He's missed a large chunk of games with each team he played for (Parramatta, Auckland , Canterbury Bankstown).

Do we forget so quickly what happened with Watmough, Glen Stewart, Brett Stewart, Matai, even Jamie Lyon. Injuries may seem fixed, but we all know as we get older, they take their toll. Taking on Foran, may achieve great short term results. But based upon the last five years, and given he's older and probably slower and debilitated by the lasting effects of past injuries (as you get, as you get older) suggests we would have another Brett Stewart or Matai taking up needed salary for young up and comers.

He's not going to be the Foran of past times, no way. He's still clever, but his way of taking on the line is one of the reasons he gets injured so much. Far too big a risk in my opinion. And remember because of pre-existing injuries, we could not seek a medical reason for application to the NRL, for removing him and avoiding taking up much needed salary. Great player, but now far too risky.
Love it when one of STs more articulate posters, types exactly what I think about Foran coming back. Saves so much time. :)

But at $300 - $350K a season, he may still be good value.

That's $300-$350 we dont have for a young player. And if the contract is 3 years and he ends up reinjuring himself in similar manner, Manly could be without that money for perhaps two or more of those three years. Hard enough with kids like Fainu and Albert, both out of the game for lengthy periods. But they will come out the other side still as top players. Foran wont

That's $300-$350 we dont have for a young player. And if the contract is 3 years and he ends up reinjuring himself in similar manner, Manly could be without that money for perhaps two or more of those three years. Hard enough with kids like Fainu and Albert, both out of the game for lengthy periods. But they will come out the other side still as top players. Foran wont
Yeah but we dont play young players anyway Bear so let them go and we can buy proven crap players from other clubs that are over 21...

The way I see it we either sign Foz and move Walker to centre or we keep Walker at 5/8 and buy a strike outside back. One or the other.
As for hooker, we may be stuck with Levi, Cust, ZDC and Croker, not much else out there. I think the new style of game would suit ZDC he is creative and has a nice short kicking game. I'd be going Cust and ZDC as my hooker next year.
If Hoppa, Olakau-atu and Schuster can come good as expected then we might not be too far off the pace.

If you look like your picture, then anytime you want to complement this broken down near 70 year old fart, I'll take it in truck loads
Haha. Unfortunately the complete opposite Bear. 70 has become the new 50. I don’t know what’s in the water, but I know a fair few 70+ year olds. Some of them leave me for dead with the amount of get-up and go they have.

The way I see it we either sign Foz and move Walker to centre or we keep Walker at 5/8 and buy a strike outside back. One or the other.
As for hooker, we may be stuck with Levi, Cust, ZDC and Croker, not much else out there. I think the new style of game would suit ZDC he is creative and has a nice short kicking game. I'd be going Cust and ZDC as my hooker next year.
If Hoppa, Olakau-atu and Schuster can come good as expected then we might not be too far off the pace.
Agreed

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10