Planning for 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I see Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega listed in our squad as a centre. He could become a dynamite centre, based on glimpses I've seen of him. Here he is

1660089757698.png

Also Alfred Smalley is there, also listed as a centre. Can't see quite as much of him yet, though @:mad:

1660089874398.png

Des doesn't appear to be planning for 2023 based on this weeks predictable selections. He might be trying to force Penn's hand. He might want to go with his mate to the Titans.

I see Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega listed in our squad as a centre. He could become a dynamite centre, based on glimpses I've seen of him. Here he is

View attachment 21909

Also Alfred Smalley is there, also listed as a centre. Can't see quite as much of him yet, though @:mad:

View attachment 21910
I believe now is the time to give Vaega a chance in the top side - in place of Harper. Now is the time to start preparing for next season and blooding new talent. This season is shot. Pointless continuing with players now known to be unproductive.

I believe now is the time to give Vaega a chance in the top side - in place of Harper. Now is the time to start preparing for next season and blooding new talent. This season is shot. Pointless continuing with players now known to be unproductive.
Or leaving

Interesting to see if the cap is raised to 12 million next year? Surely clubs would want that decision sorted so they can plan. Currently its 9.4 million, reduced from previous years due to covid but talks to possibly raise it.

Manly could not afford to keep Foran, Davey and Walker - 3 of our better performing players this year and letting Marty go who is on big money, yet you read who Roosters have on their books plus Brandon Smith for 2023, and pending increase for Sam Walker and Joseph Suaali.Bit ridiculous

Interesting to see if the cap is raised to 12 million next year? Surely clubs would want that decision sorted so they can plan. Currently its 9.4 million, reduced from previous years due to covid but talks to possibly raise it.

Manly could not afford to keep Foran, Davey and Walker - 3 of our better performing players this year and letting Marty go who is on big money, yet you read who Roosters have on their books plus Brandon Smith for 2023, and pending increase for Sam Walker and Joseph Suaali.Bit ridiculous

I'm not sure but does the cap increase mean we will have extra money to spend? Or do all the player's contracts just increase because they took a pay cut during the Covid period?

lodge is the player we want.
I think our pack can be a bit brittle and relies on the bloke in number 13 too
Much. Lodge is a hard nosed middle forward who with garlic sauce will lead the way up front.

Like honestly. Who is scared of the manly pack? Even last year when we were a top 4 side.

Think that I noticed that some additional 36 mil or so would be redirected back into the cap system just to compensate or make up for the Covid induced or temporary reduced player payment previously recently . First time that i have seen references to the cap increasing and to 12 mill . Think that many contracts in general are automatically adjusted in any cap increases so not a lot of benefit or scope for additional spending . And to take into account an or any inflationary factor . Not an insignificant matter if the inflation figure is officially listed at around 6 % , - 1 / 16 th or 17 th on 800 k for instance . An additional 50 k + if that is how it would apply . One 16 th of 12 mil cap , what say 750 k of any proposed 12 mil cap and still would be a bit of scope to or for a natural increase to recruit or to retain players from 9 ; 3 mil cap amount . Or something like this type of general formula .

Des doesn't appear to be planning for 2023 based on this weeks predictable selections. He might be trying to force Penn's hand. He might want to go with his mate to the Titans.
No chance

Des lives 10 minutes away from work at the moment

Can't see him catching a plane to work every day on the Gold Coast

Bit late to be increasing the salary cap for 2023 isn't it?
If that's the case, then surely we would have found the room for Walker & Foran?

Much. Lodge is a hard nosed middle forward who with garlic sauce will lead the way up front.

Like honestly. Who is scared of the manly pack? Even last year when we were a top 4 side.
Not sure he brings the right kind of fear....

A lot of players have a clause in the contracts that if the cap goes up their contract goes up at the equivalent percentage.

A least the ones with good managers do

As far as I’m aware we don’t have a side in the women’s comp, that is the only place a germ signing like Lodge would instil any fear in the opposition

I’d rather bring back Gary Winter

As far as I’m aware we don’t have a side in the women’s comp, that is the only place a germ signing like Lodge would instil any fear in the opposition

I’d rather bring back Gary Winter
Bahahha. Tell me what you really think next time KE. Hope ya well mate

Jesus, please no to Lodge. We've already seen the negative affect these "dickhead" types have on the club. We need a Ben Kennedy type character. Leader both on and off the field.

Next season we'll be bottom 2-3 (possibly our first spoon). We lack the players. We lack the coaching. We lack the ownership. We lack the facilities.

Go for the full rebuild. At this point, I'd say everyone in the team is up for grabs (including Tom). Let someone else pay for his absence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4