Planning for 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No chance

Des lives 10 minutes away from work at the moment

Can't see him catching a plane to work every day on the Gold Coast
Tele reporting that we opted not to extend Des for 2024.
So he could be under pressure if he doesn’t get off to a good start in 2023.
I don’t agree with it. Tommy’s injuries, the jersey issue etc are out of His control. I’d give him till 2025 and let him plan for the next three years. It’s not as if there are many good options around.

Jesus, please no to Lodge. We've already seen the negative affect these "dickhead" types have on the club. We need a Ben Kennedy type character. Leader both on and off the field.

Next season we'll be bottom 2-3 (possibly our first spoon). We lack the players. We lack the coaching. We lack the ownership. We lack the facilities.

Go for the full rebuild. At this point, I'd say everyone in the team is up for grabs (including Tom). Let someone else pay for his absence.
Haha **** no we won’t be. We have a really good team. Just need a bit of luck with injuries and cohesion

Haha **** no we won’t be. We have a really good team. Just need a bit of luck with injuries and cohesion

Obviously Turbo comes back in, that's a step up. When we were full strength early we were a .400 team with him in it.

We lost Foran - no replacement. Schuster who has shown very, very little, and can't break into a very injured team may take his spot. Either way, Foran is almost our best player so this is a downgrade.

We lost Davey - replaced by a plod in Tuilagi who has quite a few games under 40 metres. Downgrade in my books.

We lost Taupau - statistically our highest average metre gainer (no replacement).

We lost Walker, and have absolutely 0 replacements for him..

We've blooded our best rookies, in Koula , Tuipulotu & others and we are regularly dominated. Now the cupboard is bare when it comes to depth.

We've lost Dunford, Taufua and other depth players without replacement.

I'm not being smart, where is this magical improvement coming from ? We'll end up 11th-12th this season.

We'll still have a clueless Des Hasler. Have our useless assistant coaches. Our deplorable recruitment team (4 of them - with a sum total of Bullemor / Tuilagi - both from bottom feeding struggling clubs) in two whole years.

Imagine Schuster / DCE in the halves with Croker at 9. You really think that challenges Panthers / Eels / Roosters / Storm / Sharks / Cowboys teams ? We'd not be a destination players choose to come.

We've beaten a top 4 team once in two years. This year, we can't beat top 8 teams, and next year's group is a HUGE step back in experience, leadership and depth.

Tell me where we'll get that improvement ?

I
Obviously Turbo comes back in, that's a step up. When we were full strength early we were a .400 team with him in it.

We lost Foran - no replacement. Schuster who has shown very, very little, and can't break into a very injured team may take his spot. Either way, Foran is almost our best player so this is a downgrade.

We lost Davey - replaced by a plod in Tuilagi who has quite a few games under 40 metres. Downgrade in my books.

We lost Taupau - statistically our highest average metre gainer (no replacement).

We lost Walker, and have absolutely 0 replacements for him..

We've blooded our best rookies, in Koula , Tuipulotu & others and we are regularly dominated. Now the cupboard is bare when it comes to depth.

We've lost Dunford, Taufua and other depth players without replacement.

I'm not being smart, where is this magical improvement coming from ? We'll end up 11th-12th this season.

We'll still have a clueless Des Hasler. Have our useless assistant coaches. Our deplorable recruitment team (4 of them - with a sum total of Bullemor / Tuilagi - both from bottom feeding struggling clubs) in two whole years.

Imagine Schuster / DCE in the halves with Croker at 9. You really think that challenges Panthers / Eels / Roosters / Storm / Sharks / Cowboys teams ? We'd not be a destination players choose to come.

We've beaten a top 4 team once in two years. This year, we can't beat top 8 teams, and next year's group is a HUGE step back in experience, leadership and depth.

Tell me where we'll get that improvement ?
As a fairly young squad I think most of our players have a lot of upside and could improve a lot in the next few years. Also who on earth is dunford haha

I

As a fairly young squad I think most of our players have a lot of upside and could improve a lot in the next few years. Also who on earth is dunford haha

He was our Flegg captain who recently signed a 3 year deal with The Raiders.

Also, every other team is improving as well. This season, we have regressed terribly.

Our roster has become both less talented, and thinner going forward.

THIS, in my view is rock bottom for our team.

I think our injuries and conditioning seem to be a huge problem as well. We constantly seem to be playing injured players, whether due to no depth or poor rehabilitation, I'm unsure.

He was our Flegg captain who recently signed a 3 year deal with The Raiders.

Also, every other team is improving as well. This season, we have regressed terribly.

Our roster has become both less talented, and thinner going forward.

THIS, in my view is rock bottom for our team.

Matt Dunford retired about 25 years ago didn’t he?

Do you mean Josh Feledy?

It's time for a massive cleanout. Starting with our outdated coach.
We need another front rower like Klemmer or someone of that calibre.
Walker will be a massive loss, his creativity around the ruck will be sorely missed.
Turbo needs to be playing a full season and not worried about The World Cup he owes us bigtime.

Dunford signed with the Raiders months and months back.

Feledy is the one I'd have liked to keep

Jesus, please no to Lodge. We've already seen the negative affect these "dickhead" types have on the club. We need a Ben Kennedy type character. Leader both on and off the field.

Next season we'll be bottom 2-3 (possibly our first spoon). We lack the players. We lack the coaching. We lack the ownership. We lack the facilities.

Go for the full rebuild. At this point, I'd say everyone in the team is up for grabs (including Tom). Let someone else pay for his absence.
Some of your comments are bordering on taking the piss tbh..

Some of your comments are bordering on taking the piss tbh..

If you think saying what IS, is taking the piss, then that justifies my comments tbh. It's like me saying the earth is round, and you saying, you're taking the piss.

I'll reiterate, you've just got through saying you're happy with the status quo at Hooker, despite us losing Taupau (most metres), Walker (possibly most spark), Foran (definitely best half), Davey (decent toilet), and a few depth players, with none being replaced , and expect improvement !

Sorry, but to me, THAT'S taking the piss. We can bury our heads in the sand of you want and pretend it's all different and imagine new players up. That may work.

It's sad, but you can't keep em all. The one I'm dirty about is Nicho pen who is killing it with the Sharkies.
That's true, it would be nice to sign ANY though haha. And people think this year's a disaster. Imagine Turbo gets injured for Australia, and you don't have Taupau, Walker, Davey, Foran to draw on..

Balcktown, S.O.S. haha.

If you think saying what IS, is taking the piss, then that justifies my comments tbh. It's like me saying the earth is round, and you saying, you're taking the piss.

I'll reiterate, you've just got through saying you're happy with the status quo at Hooker, despite us losing Taupau (most metres), Walker (possibly most spark), Foran (definitely best half), Davey (decent toilet), and a few depth players, with none being replaced , and expect improvement !

Sorry, but to me, THAT'S taking the piss. We can bury our heads in the sand of you want and pretend it's all different and imagine new players up. That may work.
Davey...(Decent toilet) ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4