Planning for 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I tend to agree that we are in some trouble over the next couple of years, but am not as fussed over the players leaving. Taupau is 32 and has been dreadful this year (any metres he makes are completely cancelled out by the errors), Davey is 30 coming off an ACL injury last year, Foz has been great but is 32 with an injury history, and Walker was paid overs by the Warriors when he's just a bench forward for us.

What is concerning is the lack of quality signings and depth in the club. I get that our cap is heavily tied up in DCE/Tom/Jake (all of which not providing the value they are on, bar maybe Jake and not Tom's fault of course) but other clubs in similar positions are still finding ways to build their roster. As it's been said we've signed 2 fringe first graders from bottom clubs in the last 2 years, while letting a whole bunch of players leave. What are we doing exactly?

That's true, it would be nice to sign ANY though haha. And people think this year's a disaster. Imagine Turbo gets injured for Australia, and you don't have Taupau, Walker, Davey, Foran to draw on..

Balcktown, S.O.S. haha.
Anyway all jokes aside, Forans one bad injury away from doing significant time on the sidelines, Walkers about 29 and injury prone. Davey coming to the end, just wants the $'s, can't blame him.

No, that's what you said...check your comment..lol.
What? Fmd people are just stating things as fact on this forum lately as though it's real (like Mestrov not being involved until the first day he physically sits in his chair).

Taupau (makes the most metres for us)
Walker (add the most spark each game)
Foran (easily our best half)
Davey (huge step up on Tuilagi who has made less than 30 metres a game numerous times)

These players are HARD TO REPLACE.

Including their leadership off the field. Sorry, we are losing real talent and not replacing it.

What? Fmd people are just stating things as fact on this forum lately as though it's real (like Mestrov not being involved until the first day he physically sits in his chair).

Davey (huge step up on Tuilagi who has made less than 30 metres a game numerous times)

Including their leadership off the field. Sorry, we are losing real talent and not replacing it.
Hey, I've been Foran's biggest fan on here, and it's a shame he's leaving. Got a feeling it wasn't so much the money anyways, he said in an interview that he and his family can't wait to relocate to the GC for the lifestyle change.

If you think saying what IS, is taking the piss, then that justifies my comments tbh. It's like me saying the earth is round, and you saying, you're taking the piss.

I'll reiterate, you've just got through saying you're happy with the status quo at Hooker, despite us losing Taupau (most metres), Walker (possibly most spark), Foran (definitely best half), Davey (decent toilet), and a few depth players, with none being replaced , and expect improvement !

Sorry, but to me, THAT'S taking the piss. We can bury our heads in the sand of you want and pretend it's all different and imagine new players up. That may work.
That’s a pretty ****ty take on davey

D

**** dude if you had actually watched a game this year you would stop harping on about taupau. He’s been terrible. Davey is decent but easily replaceable. Walker and Foran yeah probably going to miss but I think we need this change over from veterans to new blood. Walker And taupau have been with us for ages and havnt delivered a prem so whatever.

It's time for Des to start planning for 2023 now that our season is over and it needs to start for the last 4 games.

Schuster in at 5/8th

Koula at fullback

Tui or Garrick at centre

Zac Fulton into the 17

What else lads?

One week later and after the disaster against the Titans, this makes even more sense.

But does it make sense to short term Des?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8