Game Day: Penrith v Manly [Round 12, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Elgey will be gone. That’s four years in first grade. Just does t have the confidence.Cust was really ordinary but he has played three games so may have upside.Not prepared to write him off. At least he takes the line on. For the majority of the game the boys put in but you just can’t have halves kicking like that and win. It was Z grade.
And Elgey and Cust playing away from Walker was just so hard to wstch.

The scoreli e disguised how bad we were. ThT was truly awful. These guys have busted their guts for threee months and the lack of class is telling now. Theyve done a brilliant job but they are shot. Until we get the big three on the field we won’t be winning again.

But bagging the effort tonight is off the mark. Just not enough class out there.

Is there a drunk emoticon I can use to reply to this ?

Cust played like $hit for the first 72 minutes.

If we had two good halves for the game tonight instead of one who played like a park footballer the whole game and the other who played like crap for almost all of it.....I dare say we would have won tonight. Penrith weren't good, we were just crap for all of about 5 minutes.

I agree with a plodder like elgey out there for cust to improve and learn the game he needs dce beside him who can probably also carry him when hes average with elgey there he will just go backwards

Cust showed he could be a running 5/8, but still a mile away from having an adequate kicking and passing game for this level. Could only play him beside DCE imo

I felt Des got it wrong tonight as well. Well documented we went to the right far too often tonight while neglecting our best attacking weapon on the left. But the biggest mistake from Des was Paseka not seeing any game time until the final 10 and Perrett not getting on at all. We definitely need to be seeing more of Paseka in first grade as well. Our forwards were gassed and we had 2 fresh troops sitting there all game, AFB played huge minutes and played them well, but a 10min spell for him in the first half could have been useful

Perrett was only there because we were required to have 4 on the bench. Des obviously wasn't going to play him, as evidenced by the fact that he's currently having bench splinters plucked out of his arse.

Have given Elgey the benefit of the doubt so far this season, believing he was unfairly targeted as the reason we lost a couple of games.

But tonight, that goes out the window.

Ab-so-f*cking-lutely useless.

Any half worth his salt gets us points and/or repeat sets in that first 60 minutes.

He is slow, kicks like sh*t and cannot guide a seeing eye dog, let aline an NRL team.

Cust and DCE will make a good combination.

Yeahh he really frustrated me tonight hate to pick on someone but wooow he was useless tonight !!
At least Cust calls for the ball and wants it, takes it early and thinks attack or run. Elgey is in second gear, and by the time he gets the ball offers horrible passing and dumb kicks. He lacks confidence and the players around him dont know what he is doing or setting up. There were a few times 5m out attacking their line on the last, he throws a pass to a player with 3 defenders. Mate, try for a repeat set and go again. build some pressure.

Happy for Elgey and Tafua to be banished from first grade, Jorge simply doesn’t have it any more and Elgey is just ordinary

Jury is out on cust, did done good things and some really bad things, but he is better than Elgey

Elliot is trash, yeah he can catch bombs, but that is absolutely it

Thommo and Siro need to stop running inside and at the markers. The space was on the edges that game, we were getting dominated in the middle. Expect more from experienced players

Garrick didn’t look to be a centre.

Walker will be dynamite again with some quality around him. Need to put Garrick outside him, Jorge can’t keep up and walker just gave up waiting and went himself.

These games we are losing against lesser sides are gonna kill us if we aren’t careful. I didn’t expect much tonight, but Penrith were not great and we should’ve got them.
Fair dinkum... What did Jorge do wrong? 154 running metres. Caught every high ball directed to his corner. 0 missed tackles. 0 errors.

Look, I’ll cop that loss. We have some seriously big guns returning, and the bye will be a welcome break. Cust for me had a real good go and is the heir apparent to supporting DCE, IMHO. Elgey just hasn’t got a lot going for him.

If we had two good halves for the game tonight instead of one who played like a park footballer the whole game and the other who played like crap for almost all of it.....I dare say we would have won tonight. Penrith weren't good, we were just crap for all of about 5 minutes.
Good was the wrong word by some margin. Let’s try better. Each match he looks a little more confident and takes a little more control. His problem is that LG is the dominant half. The ball keeps going away from him and, when he does get it, he’s just passing it on. He should be given the 7 while Cherry is out. He won’t win many games at first but it will build his skills, timing and confidence. LG should be dropped for another running player.

I didn't think Cust was too bad, poor first half, but most of the side were showing no intent and in only his 3rd game with Elgey next to him. At least that second half he was talking and hitting harder in defence and started to look for a weakness and when he got it, which was his running game and taking on the line he kept going for it. Probably behind Crocker who has looked solid this year, but ahead of Elgey. I like Cust's enthusiasm and energy. He was always still thinking win the game.

Fair dinkum... What did Jorge do wrong? 154 running metres. Caught every high ball directed to his corner. 0 missed tackles. 0 errors.
I like Jorge and his great hit ups, I just wish he could play the ball a bit quicker. No other player makes playing the ball look so complicated. In his 8th season and still can’t play the ball.

Cust showed he could be a running 5/8, but still a mile away from having an adequate kicking and passing game for this level. Could only play him beside DCE imo

I felt Des got it wrong tonight as well. Well documented we went to the right far too often tonight while neglecting our best attacking weapon on the left. But the biggest mistake from
Perrett was only there because we were required to have 4 on the bench. Des obviously wasn't going to play him, as evidenced by the fact that he's currently having bench splinters plucked out of his arse.
Perrett couldn't have been any worse then all our Props in the first half at least. I agree with Kiwi DES used the bench wrong tonight.

In reality we have one half in this club period right now. Cust, Elgey, croker whoever else we want to add to the list will play ok occasionally. My pick is croker partnering dce when he comes back.

The man bun maybe?
Perhaps @joeboy is an elite over achieving type. There were some out there tonight who are deserving of a spray, but Jorge ain’t one of them. The only dropped ball error he made can be attributed to Marty throwing a ball one metre behind him at speed.

If we were to remove Jorge’s 150 odd run metres (mostly out of our own end under defensive pressure) then the halves would have been kicking from our 30-40 line, and we can all see that neither of them were up to it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8