Game Day: Penrith v Manly [Round 12, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
If we'd shown that same intensity in patches throughout the game we would have won.

Garrick wasnt able to do anything (apart from 2 conversions) tonight, the defence was all over him.

Elgey just doesnt look confident out there - in the first half I thought it was good that he was showing a bit of variety in his kicks (grubbers, long kicks, bombs) but they were ineffective & he just went into his shell in the 2nd half & regressed to weak bombs.

Waddell had a poor game, perhaps he allowed the emotion of the occasion get to him. Both he & Jetski were incapable of breaking through (or even bending) the line.

AFB played well I thought, he ran over 200 meters & must have been out there close to 70 minutes?

Tapau had a solid game apart from his 2 dropped balls - trying to force the offload every time is easy for the defence to anticipate, he seemed to sort that out in the 2nd half.

Walker tried when he got the ball, Cust had a 'mare but kept trying to make up for it at the end, Tafua was solid in defence & attack toiling away, Elliot was solid (apart from his fumble that led to a try), Fainu waa good while he was out there considering his nose.

Manly scored two running tries. The riff, one running, one off a kick, plus a penalty goal and and a field goal. Scoring those two converted tries was vital for our FA.
A very frustrating match and it sucks to lose but things will turn. The table will be affected by the bye points, with bye teams pushing up the ladder but it's false.
With Jake, Tommy and Cherry it'll be on again for Manly.
Really liking Cade Cust.

Happy for Elgey and Tafua to be banished from first grade, Jorge simply doesn’t have it any more and Elgey is just ordinary

Jury is out on cust, did done good things and some really bad things, but he is better than Elgey

Elliot is trash, yeah he can catch bombs, but that is absolutely it

Thommo and Siro need to stop running inside and at the markers. The space was on the edges that game, we were getting dominated in the middle. Expect more from experienced players

Garrick didn’t look to be a centre.

Walker will be dynamite again with some quality around him. Need to put Garrick outside him, Jorge can’t keep up and walker just gave up waiting and went himself.

These games we are losing against lesser sides are gonna kill us if we aren’t careful. I didn’t expect much tonight, but Penrith were not great and we should’ve got them.

Taupau throws a slighty better pass to Taufua and its all different

Not his fault as he isnt a 5/8 but a sliding doors moment
Elliott grabs a ball that he JUST NEEDED TO MOVE HIS FEET to grab and we win too...
No shape in attack all night... Riff STILL haven't had to make a defensive decision...

I thought apart from his run, Cust was ordinary.
Garrick and Waddell got bashed all night.
I liked Siro sticking it back to them, not many of our guys did that.
At least the points didn’t ‘custcade’ Penrith’s way as predicted by some.

Elgey will be gone. That’s four years in first grade. Just does t have the confidence.Cust was really ordinary but he has played three games so may have upside.Not prepared to write him off. At least he takes the line on. For the majority of the game the boys put in but you just can’t have halves kicking like that and win. It was Z grade.
And Elgey and Cust playing away from Walker was just so hard to wstch.

The scoreli e disguised how bad we were. That was truly awful. These guys have busted their guts for three months and the lack of class is telling now. Theyve done a brilliant job but they are shot. Until we get the big three on the field we won’t be winning again.

But bagging the effort tonight is a bit off the mark. They were a bit flat early but didn’t give up.Just not enough class out there.

Paseka 10 min???

Also can’t believe people saying we were unlucky , if Elliott doesn’t drop it etc. We were never winning that game. Panthers weren’t great but played with more enthusiasm and were clearly the better side. Score totally flattered us.

Last edited:
If we'd shown that same intensity in patches throughout the game we would have won.

Garrick wasnt able to do anything (apart from 2 conversions) tonight, the defence was all over him.

Elgey just doesnt look confident out there - in the first half I thought it was good that he was showing a bit of variety in his kicks (grubbers, long kicks, bombs) but they were ineffective & he just went into his shell in the 2nd half & regressed to weak bombs.

Waddell had a poor game, perhaps he allowed the emotion of the occasion get to him. Both he & Jetski were incapable of breaking through (or even bending) the line.

AFB played well I thought, he ran over 200 meters & must have been out there close to 70 minutes?

Tapau had a solid game apart from his 2 dropped balls - trying to force the offload every time is easy for the defence to anticipate, he seemed to sort that out in the 2nd half.

Walker tried when he got the ball, Cust had a 'mare but kept trying to make up for it at the end, Tafua was solid in defence & attack toiling away, Elliot was solid (apart from his fumble that led to a try), Fainu waa good while he was out there considering his nose.
That Elliot mistake cost us the game. I think people overrate him on here (not meaning you - just a general comment). It was flat out sloppy, it wasn’t a tough take.

Disappointed as we all are by tonight’s result we should still be happy with the way things are developing. At the beginning of the year we were short odds for the spoon but another three wins and we will have left that horrible possibility behind. We’ll end up at worst on the fringes of the 8 and that’s a good spot to build from next year.

Fifth tackle on the opposition line and they go to LG. Cade was good tonight and should turn into a long term half, 5/8 or hooker.

Cust played like $hit for the first 72 minutes.

If we had two good halves for the game tonight instead of one who played like a park footballer the whole game and the other who played like crap for almost all of it.....I dare say we would have won tonight. Penrith weren't good, we were just crap for all of about 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11