Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Does anybody know how much coin Brad Parker is on .. ??

If it is over $600k like Dylan Walker ... then I think he is a ****house player ......

if it is arounf $150k - $160k like a depth player ... then I think he is a great player for a 22 year old ....

PSS .... I would hate to be judged on my defensive and attacking capabilities playing outside Suli .....

PSSS .... Jeez some people just love to put shiite on players ....
You made some good points there Woodsie .
If you go and check all other NRL forums you will see every one puts sht on under performing players
Fans are passionate and fanatic and they do not take loses very well . It is the nature of the beast .

If it is over $600k like Dylan Walker ... then I think he is a ****house player ......

if it is arounf $150k - $160k like a depth player ... then I think he is a great player for a 22 year old ....

PSS .... I would hate to be judged on my defensive and attacking capabilities playing outside Suli .....

No one is putting **** on anyone.He is not being judged personally or abused.In fact most people go to some lengths to say they think he’s a darn good bloke.You don’t mind dishing out to “assholes “ who you have never met who disagree with you yet get fired up because someone has an opinion on a player who they see play every week.

We are simply discussing the merits of who should or should not be in the team we follow based on what we have seen. If you think he can play , as you thought ad nauseum Barrett could coach , so be it. Most of us don’t. That’s what makes a discussion.

If you take that away from a forum, discussing player performances, attributes , weaknesses then you ain’t got much left. There are just as many posts praising Manly players.

If a professional footballer reads a forum and gets in a knot about what fans think then God help him when the whips are cracking on the field.

Last edited:

When Parker played a couple of games in the centres at the back end of 2017 (replacing Kelly who was actually dropped IIRC), his defence wasn't all that bad and his confidence was rising until he did his knee against the Tigpies at Leichhardt. When he has played out on the wing, regardless of who's inside him, his defence has been next to hopeless.

For mine though, he is strictly back up and not someone who should be starting in the three quarters in first grade on a regular basis. And as for moving him to the back row.....not even close to being sold on that idea.

as you thought ad nauseum Barrett could coach

Again .... Please provide one post where I ever expressed that opinion ..... you will find many where I contested some of the hysterical crap that was written about him ......

then you say .. "You don’t mind dishing out to “assholes who you have never met who disagree with you" .. again your reading and comprehnsion lets you down .... agreeing with me or not was never mentioned ..(please pay attention) .. What I said was that people that put shiite on players were arrseholes .... I don't know what meeting them or not has to do with it ..

When Parker played a couple of games in the centres at the back end of 2017 (replacing Kelly who was actually dropped IIRC), his defence wasn't all that bad and his confidence was rising until he did his knee against the Tigpies at Leichhardt. When he has played out on the wing, regardless of who's inside him, his defence has been next to hopeless.

For mine though, he is strictly back up and not someone who should be starting in the three quarters in first grade on a regular basis. And as for moving him to the back row.....not even close to being sold on that idea.

Agree .... he is not at top 13 standard in my opinion either .... but then again .. I don't think he is being paid as a top 13 player ...... agree he is a depth player ..

at 22 he still has some potential .... and he has played centre all his career .... winger is certainly not his go ...

Pirate arrsehole
giphy.gif

Again .... Please provide one post where I ever expressed that opinion ..... you will find many where I contested some of the hysterical crap that was written about him ......

then you say .. "You don’t mind dishing out to “assholes who you have never met who disagree with you" .. again your reading and comprehnsion lets you down .... agreeing with me or not was never mentioned ..(please pay attention) .. What I said was that people that put shiite on players were arrseholes .... I don't know what meeting them or not has to do with it ..
I know I'll be laughed at for this view, but am expecting Brad Parker to surprise many this year.

He looks bigger and stronger in the photos and showed promise in his early career. It's now or never for him. Being on the end of a terrible backline with a terrible coach rocked his form and confidence.

I'd love to see him deliver on the potential he showed a few years back and reckon he can under Des.

He's a good defender for a back, has size and some pace. But ridiculously error prone - just the type of player Des can fix.
As in life, anything is possible... you make some solid points, but he wouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 13 atm I don’t imagine. Still, crazier things have happened... look at some of Baz’s team selections and bench usage last season for example... complete lunacy!

Last edited:

Fair enough Woodsie . You are entitled to your call that all who puts sht on players are ass holes .
We are ALL entitled to our say on our Silvertails forum .

I remember on occasions when our team under achieved the whole Manly faithful grand stand members were jeering, mocking, and booing players off at half time in disgust . Some call this an arse hole act. I call this passionate proud Manly fans that do not accept mediocre performance that tarnish the Manly jumper .

I know were you are coming from Woodsie . This is where I am coming from and my motto is this .....
Blood sweat tears has been spilt on our Proud Manly Jumper
Wear it and treat it with respect if you want to earn respect

The Incomparable Immortal delivers another Grand final win for the mighty Sea eagles !!!

1976-grand-final-bob-fulton.jpg

Last edited:
Watch the last game of the year in 2018 and tell me this guy is a first grader. He was absolutely monstered and singled out as a weak link. Rag doll is a understatement. They were calling his name and smashing him.Got no idea why people think he could play second row ! He would be brutalised.No real pace, never bends the line and plays with little confidence.
Brad is a trier but if he is part of our already weakish looking backline god help us.
Can anyone seriously suggest he would be in any other NRL sides top 17 or be a target to poach. Answer is no.

Great kid and Manly junior but we simply have better options.

On the flip side look at the roosters game late in 17 when he was able to string a few games together playing in his position of centre and wasn't baby sitting that useless lump Suli, looked a good first grade player in the making.

The reality for me is the kid is injured too often (and not a winger) and until he can play a 20 game plus season we would be better off investing elsewhere.

The reality is we wont really know the reality until the 2019 NRL season unfolds .

I am often an as*****, so both my hands are raised "Guilty as charged"
Still going to share my opinion Parker is not close to a starter in the 17 based on games I have seen.
To be fair, he looked a decent prospect u20's, but looks out of his depth at NRL level....

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...n-french/57aceafd-a606-48d8-997d-c677a2359b72

Wests Tigers are attempting to poach arguably the most improved player in the NRL this season: Manly centre Brad Parker.

Parker was just of a run-of-the-mill performer in a disappointing Manly team last year and is on a bargain basement contract.

But he has been one of the big success stories of Des Hasler’s resurgent Sea Eagles this season and is playing great attacking football for Manly, scoring tries and setting up his outside men.

His defence has also improved and the Tigers are prepared to offer him good money to switch camps.

The powerful centre is happy at Manly - but the club will need to find more money if they want to keep him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8