Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lady Penelope wants Parker back ASAP, even got his attire assorted,

2E58249C-1B2E-4CBB-9DB2-70F66876CFA7.jpeg

Happens all the time Sue. Do you remember a very average centre who started first grade with Manly. His name was Terry Randall and he went from being a very average centre to be one of the all time best defensive forwards. Another was a Manly junior who made his mark as a centre. His name was Steve Menzies, the best attacking forward the game has seen. Then there was Danny Gartner, a Manly junior centre, just to name a few
Yes. Basically you proved my point Bear. Great players like Miles and Lewis and those 2 great players you mention occurrrd over 45 long years. It doesn’t happen all the time. It happens rarely with players who are very talented.
Are you seriously suggesting Brad Parker has the ability of those guys and a couple of others mentioned here because it takes very good l players to do it, Not fringe reserve graders.

Also I’d like to hear a few names who made a great success of it in the last decade or so under the way the game is played now.The game is so much more power oriented and the players so much bigger. These blokes are like runaway locomotives now.Totally different game to those eras. I can’t remember any but stand to be corrected.

Lewis
Aubusson switches roles at a pinch like a few others to cover injuries but he’s no superstar
Nathan Green killed it as well

I still reckon it’s the Red Hair

Last edited:
Great point @Bearfax !!!
Boz. You are always on about speed and X factor and I agree with you totally by the way ... you making an exception in this case?
Your nemisis Brian Kelly makes this bloke look very ordinary hence he plays first grade and will be starting centre for Titans
Hardly one to be a Bozo protege?

I can't take anymore.
I like Parker - seems a good bloke and a Manly junior.
Truth is if he is starting in the 17, we either have injuries or are in a fair bit of trouble.
Reasonable backup at best.

Boz. You are always on about speed and X factor and I agree with you totally by the way ... you making an exception in this case?
Your nemisis Brian Kelly makes this bloke look very ordinary hence he plays first grade and will be starting centre for Titans
Quote"We need an X factor in the centers with Dylan . Everyone knows what Jono Wright can do and that is very little . Mathew Wright has not been fit to play in any of the trials , so the most logical choice is the fit and ready X factor Kelly ."

I think the love for Brad is the fact he’s a local junior , and like most clubs we are starting to not have many of those on our side.

I’m sure he’s a nice guy , and a good club man who everyone likes.

But like @Sue I saw him being rag dolled by the Donkeys and that’s forever imbedded in my brain.

Could he improve , dramatically???

Dunno, have to think not.

Parker has not got the raw ingredients to be compared to a young Randell or Menzies. I wouldn’t even compare him to a you g Craig Hancock, Danny Moore or David liddiard.

He doesn’t cut it. Move on. Too many people here think we should persevere with him as he is a junior. All I see is someone taking up a squad spot who doesn’t have the ceiling to be anything more than average.

The slots allocated for youth in the squad should be given to those with potential, not a guy with none who doesn’t even seem to have a position

Do you remember Randall and Menzies as juniors coming into grade? I remember Randall because I went to school with him early on. though not later school. He was smallish, fast, not particularly strong. I cant say what later youth added to him but when he first started playing first grade (there were a couple of young players added to the side all at once) he was nothing special, other than being first grade level. He was slower than I recall, bigger and quite lean, but not what you would consider a potential tackling assassin that he became. Parker, as I recall it was a little faster and a more powerful runner than Randall. Randall did have good defence though, but so does Parker. Unfortunately its easy to look at the finished product and compare. Not everyone bursts onto the scene like Toovey did. Takes years for the skills and body build. I don't know if Parker would be up to moving into the forwards, but I think he has some of the basic ingredients to be effective in that position. But he's far from the finished product.

Do you remember Randall and Menzies as juniors coming into grade? I remember Randall because I went to school with him early on. though not later school. He was smallish, fast, not particularly strong. I cant say what later youth added to him but when he first started playing first grade (there were a couple of young players added to the side all at once) he was nothing special, other than being first grade level. He was slower than I recall, bigger and quite lean, but not what you would consider a potential tackling assassin that he became. Parker, as I recall it was a little faster and a more powerful runner than Randall. Randall did have good defence though, but so does Parker. Unfortunately its easy to look at the finished product and compare. Not everyone bursts onto the scene like Toovey did. Takes years for the skills and body build. I don't know if Parker would be up to moving into the forwards, but I think he has some of the basic ingredients to be effective in that position. But he's far from the finished product.

My basic point is, brad Parker and what we have seen of him so far is in no way worth all the deliberation, perseverance and patience. There are 30 spots in our squad and nothing I’ve seen of him warrants him getting one of those spots, not on past performance or potential performance.

For every slow burn like Randell, there is probably 1000 players who don’t make it all, ever. Brad is one of the 1000

Randall was 50 years ago and yes I remember Beaver when he was young. He had star written all over him in his first few games, and he did his knee l very early on as well.

Anyway agree to disagree Bear. Always like your insights and I think everyone likes young Brad as a fella.

Let’s hope he proves most of us wrong. Another Fatty in the forwards wouldn’t hurt !!

Last edited:

I will give you my reasons feathered friend .
I believe Parker has not been coached to the best of his ability and I believe there is more potential and improvement in him . The guy is only 23 and I am not about to write him off and neither has Des as he has selected him in his NRL squad of players

In his NRL debut at the age of 20 against the New Zealand Warriors Parker more than held his own against Warriors giant Manu Vatuvei.and defensively stopped the giant in his tracks as well as making some great runs . This is the potential Des and I have seen that gives us some belief in him

From NRL .com .....
The Manly Sea Eagles are pleased to announce that they have locked in outstanding local junior Brad Parker for the next two seasons.

Parker, who is still eligible to play Holden Cup, has shown great promise in a handful of starting opportunities with the NRL side.

He was outstanding in Manly's 36-18 win over the Sydney Roosters at Lottoland on Sunday, scoring a determined second half try as left centre.

One season in a badly coached team that had no confidence and found it hard to close and win a game does not evaluate a players ability as far as I am concerned .

Quote"We need an X factor in the centers with Dylan . Everyone knows what Jono Wright can do and that is very little . Mathew Wright has not been fit to play in any of the trials , so the most logical choice is the fit and ready X factor Kelly ."
X factor Kelly ?
Des did not think so . Neither do I
We do not have any Jono Wrights or Mathew Wrights any more for good reason
The Wright boys were no bench mark .
We have some younger and faster recruits with more speed and potential .
As far as X factor goes look no further than Young Hoppa .

Last edited:
X factor Kelly ?
Des did not think so . Neither do I
That Broncos game is the last yard stick I would be looking at when Judging Brad. One very oridinary coached team with too much hair gel and not enough fight. A team who realised even their coach was abandoning them. That team had the cue in the rack before the game started. Brad had a shocker, no doubt about that. Good Players learn from their mistakes. Skivvy had some bad defensive days when he first played A grade. If the mad scientist has him in the starting side, so be it.

Bozo needs des to justify his opinions and des’s opinions to shout other opinions down.

There is more to squad machinations than copy and pasting the squad. Especially when des inherited the squad and cap issues. The status of that squad doesn’t necessarily jive with des’s opinions.

Get a bit out of the box with some critical thinking bozo, not everything can be summed up with a lazy platitude, cliche or muscular eagle picture

That Broncos game is the last yard stick I would be looking at when Judging Brad. One very oridinary coached team with too much hair gel and not enough fight. A team who realised even their coach was abandoning them. That team had the cue in the rack before the game started. Brad had a shocker, no doubt about that. Good Players learn from their mistakes. Skivvy had some bad defensive days when he first played A grade. If the mad scientist has him in the starting side, so be it.
You have put things in perspective and that is the way Des and others see it , but this is a forum and every one is entitled to see it and say it how they see it .
That is what is great about forums . Every one has the right to express their views .
We should all support our forum and keep it viable !

Bozo needs des to justify his opinions and des’s opinions to shout other opinions down.

There is more to squad machinations than copy and pasting the squad. Especially when des inherited the squad and cap issues. The status of that squad doesn’t necessarily jive with des’s opinions.

Get a bit out of the box with some critical thinking bozo, not everything can be summed up with a lazy platitude, cliche or muscular eagle picture

I am not shutting no ones opinions . This forum has no lock and key given to any one . I am only stating my views like every one else

Des is his own man and hires and fires and picks his own NRL 30

Not every one can relate to very one on here and I dont expect you to relate to me either .

I love muscular Eagles as I am into power play..... Have a great day ;)
index.jpg

Anytime Brian Kelly made a stuff up - 150% his fault

Anytime Moses Suli or Brad Parker made a stuff up - 150% the coaches fault. Got it

Worth mentioning that Moses' 3 tries in 31 games doesn't stack up well to what Brian achieved in the same number of games and Brad Parker is older than Brian Kelly. Also Kelly had an admirable juniors career where he enjoyed two massive wins and no losses over the QLD side in junior SOO. Has looked the goods in first grade and got City V Country honours in his debut season

I am not shutting no ones opinions . This forum has no lock and key given to any one . I am only stating my views like every one else

Des is his own man and hires and fires and picks his own NRL 30

Not every one can relate to very one on here and I dont expect you to relate to me either .

I love muscular Eagles as I am into power play..... Have a great day ;)
View attachment 10725

Mercy. I figure you will drag me down to your level and beat me with experience if we do this dance again

Does anybody know how much coin Brad Parker is on .. ??

If it is over $600k like Dylan Walker ... then I think he is a ****house player ......

if it is arounf $150k - $160k like a depth player ... then I think he is a great player for a 22 year old ....

PSS .... I would hate to be judged on my defensive and attacking capabilities playing outside Suli .....

PSSS .... Jeez some people just love to put shiite on players ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8