Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
I know I'll be laughed at for this view, but am expecting Brad Parker to surprise many this year.

He looks bigger and stronger in the photos and showed promise in his early career. It's now or never for him. Being on the end of a terrible backline with a terrible coach rocked his form and confidence.

I'd love to see him deliver on the potential he showed a few years back and reckon he can under Des.

He's a good defender for a back, has size and some pace. But ridiculously error prone - just the type of player Des can fix.

I know I'll be laughed at for this view, but am expecting Brad Parker to surprise many this year.

He looks bigger and stronger in the photos and showed promise in his early career. It's now or never for him. Being on the end of a terrible backline with a terrible coach rocked his form and confidence.

I'd love to see him deliver on the potential he showed a few years back and reckon he can under Des.

He's a good defender for a back, has size and some pace. But ridiculously error prone - just the type of player Des can fix.
He hasn’t got half of Mona Vale hospital around his knees either - no excuses for Brad this year the opportunity is there for him to take

Watch the last game of the year in 2018 and tell me this guy is a first grader. He was absolutely monstered and singled out as a weak link. Rag doll is a understatement. They were calling his name and smashing him.Got no idea why people think he could play second row ! He would be brutalised.No real pace, never bends the line and plays with little confidence.
Brad is a trier but if he is part of our already weakish looking backline god help us.
Can anyone seriously suggest he would be in any other NRL sides top 17 or be a target to poach. Answer is no.

Great kid and Manly junior but we simply have better options.

Last edited:

One bad season does not make a bad player . I have faith in Parker as well . Sport is a confidence game and this is not a laughing matter . It is a fact . The other fact is under Trent we had a disastrous wooden spoon level 2018 year and our players lost their way and forgot how to close a game and win . They lost their belief and confidence and all this fcks up young players heads .
I also see a big improvement with Brad .

I hope your right and he does surprise, but must confess to having low expectations to the point I would not be suprised if he was with Blacktown all season.
Even accounting for injuries, would prefer Funa or Anderson given a shot in advance....Parker offers very little and will be a definite target for the opposition if he plays.
Not out to bag the youngster, but prefer others...

Let the trial games begin . Last season is just that .

And trials are just that, trials. Unfortunately we've all seen players impress in trials over the years, then come out and play like the proverbial deer in the headlights once the real stuff starts.

Another ranga of recent Manly memory springs to mind.....Nathan Green.

Look, TBH I hope Parker does turn things around and comes good. It would be better for him and better for Manly. But after a couple of years of seeing him in first grade, I don't hold out a lot of hope.

Still maintain that Parker is a lock or second rower in a winger's shirt. Too slow for the backs, but would make a fine back rower in my opinion

I really hope Des works his magic because we do need the depth. Regarding his size I saw him down at Warriewood Square a few weeks ago and he didn’t look like he had put on any muscle from last season.

His performances last year were embarrassing. But I saw some potential before that. I'd like to see to him given one more shot under Des.

Still maintain that Parker is a lock or second rower in a winger's shirt. Too slow for the backs, but would make a fine back rower in my opinion
The scary part is you are probably right as to a more suitable position, but the thing is, he was dominated and thrown around out wide....just picture Klemmer and Hargreaves types getting a hold of him.....instant turnovers all day, that's before we get to discuss defence.....

And trials are just that, trials. Unfortunately we've all seen players impress in trials over the years, then come out and play like the proverbial deer in the headlights once the real stuff starts.

Another ranga of recent Manly memory springs to mind.....Nathan Green.

Look, TBH I hope Parker does turn things around and comes good. It would be better for him and better for Manly. But after a couple of years of seeing him in first grade, I don't hold out a lot of hope.
When you say ....
"we've all seen players impress in trials over the years, then come out and play like the proverbial deer in the headlights once the real stuff starts."
You are generalizing as this does not apply always . Coaches do use trials to sort out their team .
One bad season does not make a bad player and I will take the more rational approach and see how Parker goes this season . No one has a crystal ball that can really predict the future and finish any player off . Many players have bounced back and proved their doubters wrong and this is a fact .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8