Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
... remember a young up and comer called Clint Gutherson

Absolutely I do and that is what we must avoid this time around.

If letting Parker go allows to keep our current top young talent (Like Gutho was) in Fainu, Cust, Hoppa, Haumole, Schuster and Burbo then so be it

And yes some are slready contracted I know

Last edited:
One interesting point is that the outgoing football director at the ‘Marriage made in Heaven’ is Hasler’s former assistant coach Kelly Egan.

Therefore was Parker being shopped around?

Or now that Egan is being replaced by someone from the Goosters, will there still be the same alleged Tigers’ interest in Parker?

But more importantly, have I given the Danny Weidlers of this world more grist to the mill?
Egan was at manly 10 years ago. Parker was 11 or 12. They never would have crossed paths.

Clubs cannot keep all talented players (other than the select few) because of juggling the salary cap and the absence of significant corporate third party suitors. So historically many young players have left their debut club and gone onto to bigger and better things at other clubs. Look at the talent the squeels and the tigers have let slip thru their fingers over the years. And of course it has happened to us on occasions. Sadly we can't keep everybody and its a hard decision for both club and player.

I think there might be a saving on Dylan Walkers salary next year.

I think he’ll stay but he’s a bit of a poisoned chalice at the minute so he’s not in a position of power at the bargaining table.

$200k less for him , $200k more for Parker, problem solvered!!

Disagree old mate ... there are 15 other clubs and the ESL ..... if he shows any form he is still a first rate centre .... he won't need to put himself in the discount basket ....

Clubs cannot keep all talented players (other than the select few) because of juggling the salary cap and the absence of significant corporate third party suitors. So historically many young players have left their debut club and gone onto to bigger and better things at other clubs. Look at the talent the squeels and the tigers have let slip thru their fingers over the years. And of course it has happened to us on occasions. Sadly we can't keep everybody and its a hard decision for both club and player.

Totally agree and that's why I'd rather keep Parker and lose Walker and the savings can go towards securing others coming off contract

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4