Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The scary part is you are probably right as to a more suitable position, but the thing is, he was dominated and thrown around out wide....just picture Klemmer and Hargreaves types getting a hold of him.....instant turnovers all day, that's before we get to discuss defence.....

Agreed. But then he was only 20 when that happened and many forwards get thrown around by Klemmer and Hargraves. A few years and a little bulking up and this may change.

Agreed. But then he was only 20 when that happened and many forwards get thrown around by Klemmer and Hargraves. A few years and a little bulking up and this may change.
I tend to agree with you, in a team that hadn't completely imploded yet he made an impressive debut against Manu Vatuvai.

He's not a wingers asshole but he's not as bad as some here are making out.

He cant even hold his own on the wing. How the **** would he have any chance in the middle. **** sake

I was on the sideline at the Brisbane game and he was getting monstered by everyone.
Punters around us were just giving it to him

Why do people think that guys who have played in the backs all their life can just shift in to the pack because they have size ( and Parker doesn’t even have that ).

It is generally thought that it takes career props and second rowers years to develop into topliners at NRL level.Yet people expect a centre or winger to throw on a jersey and explode in the forwards.

Very few do it well and they are generally absolute topliners like Miles , Lewis etc.

Brad Parker NO

The only possible reason I think people mention it is the Red Hair.

Watch the last game of the year in 2018 and tell me this guy is a first grader. He was absolutely monstered and singled out as a weak link. Rag doll is a understatement. They were calling his name and smashing him.Got no idea why people think he could play second row ! He would be brutalised.No real pace, never bends the line and plays with little confidence.
Brad is a trier but if he is part of our already weakish looking backline god help us.
Can anyone seriously suggest he would be in any other NRL sides top 17 or be a target to poach. Answer is no.

Great kid and Manly junior but we simply have better options.

There were rumours around this game that Brisbane were instructed to stop scoring near the end of the game to control their for and gainst to dictate who they played in the semis. True or not, we weren't travelling well under Trent. That's not all Brad Parkers fault, but his 5 errors in this game weren't great. On a positive note, I don't think anyone on hear has mentioned his one on one defence, which I do think is his strength. Sure, he is most likely a depth player. But there's lots of room for improvement, and Des may well work wonders. Don't write the guy off just yet.

I was on the sideline at the Brisbane game and he was getting monstered by everyone.
Punters around us were just giving it to him

Why do people think that guys who have played in the backs all their life can just shift in to the pack because they have size ( and Parker doesn’t even have that ).

It is generally thought that it takes career props and second rowers years to develop into topliners at NRL level.Yet people expect a centre or winger to throw on a jersey and explode in the forwards.

Very few do it well and they are generally absolute topliners like Miles , Lewis etc.

Brad Parker NO

The only possible reason I think people mention it is the Red Hair.

Happens all the time Sue. Do you remember a very average centre who started first grade with Manly. His name was Terry Randall and he went from being a very average centre to be one of the all time best defensive forwards. Another was a Manly junior who made his mark as a centre. His name was Steve Menzies, the best attacking forward the game has seen. Then there was Danny Gartner, a Manly junior centre, just to name a few

Happens all the time Sue. Do you remember a very average centre who started first grade with Manly. His name was Terry Randall and he went from being a very average centre to be one of the all time best defensive forwards. Another was a Manly junior who made his mark as a centre. His name was Steve Menzies, the best attacking forward the game has seen. Then there was Danny Gartner, a Manly junior centre, just to name a few
Ron Gibbs Crusher Cleal

Great point @Bearfax !!!

Parker has not got the raw ingredients to be compared to a young Randell or Menzies. I wouldn’t even compare him to a you g Craig Hancock, Danny Moore or David liddiard.

He doesn’t cut it. Move on. Too many people here think we should persevere with him as he is a junior. All I see is someone taking up a squad spot who doesn’t have the ceiling to be anything more than average.

The slots allocated for youth in the squad should be given to those with potential, not a guy with none who doesn’t even seem to have a position

Parker has not got the raw ingredients to be compared to a young Randell or Menzies. I wouldn’t even compare him to a you g Craig Hancock, Danny Moore or David liddiard.

He doesn’t cut it. Move on. Too many people here think we should persevere with him as he is a junior. All I see is someone taking up a squad spot who doesn’t have the ceiling to be anything more than average.

The slots allocated for youth in the squad should be given to those with potential, not a guy with none who doesn’t even seem to have a position
You make a good point about people persevering with him because he's a local junior. I must admit im in that boat. He's got a lot of heart and maybe that will push him to be a better depth player. Who knows. But I'd rather have an average local junior with heart making the numbers rather than a player like Lewis Brown for instance or an overpaid statue like Myles.

The only way Parker is going to surprise me is if he runs out like this.

images (1).jpeg

Des has the final say and he has Parker in his NRL squad , so he must see something in him .

Squad 2019
Daly Cherry-Evans, Cade Cust, Kane Elgey, Brendan Elliot, Manase Fainu, Addin Fonua-Blake, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski, Trent Hodkinson, Albert Hopoate, Semisi Kioa, Apisai Koroisau,.................................. .......Brad Parker................................................, Taniela Paseka, Lloyd Perrett, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Moses Suli, Kelepi Tanginoa, Jorge Taufua, Martin Taupau, Joel Thompson, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Corey Waddell, Dylan Walker, Frank Winterstein

Des has the final say and he has Parker in his NRL squad , so he must see something in him .

Squad 2019
Daly Cherry-Evans, Cade Cust, Kane Elgey, Brendan Elliot, Manase Fainu, Addin Fonua-Blake, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski, Trent Hodkinson, Albert Hopoate, Semisi Kioa, Apisai Koroisau,.................................. .......Brad Parker................................................, Taniela Paseka, Lloyd Perrett, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Moses Suli, Kelepi Tanginoa, Jorge Taufua, Martin Taupau, Joel Thompson, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Corey Waddell, Dylan Walker, Frank Winterstein
Still remember Parkers 1st game against the Warriors in a wet NZ. Tried hard, held his own against the beast. Showed plenty of heart just no improvement under Trent. Give him a chance with a first grade coach.

Still remember Parkers 1st game against the Warriors in a wet NZ. Tried hard, held his own against the beast. Showed plenty of heart just no improvement under Trent. Give him a chance with a first grade coach.
I agree ....
Des is a video freak and watches more games then anyone and would have seen that game .
The bottom line is ........Parker has made Des NRL squad and he does not have to convince any one else feathered friend . ;)

Squad 2019

Mate, this is the list the club released to the public of 29 contracted players on nov 1.

This list is not necessarily our full FG training squad, there may be say 33 in the training squad. The players named are not necessarily ALL going to be in our 29 list required on march 1.

We were only required to name 24 players to the NRL on nov 1. We here do not know who those 24 are, out of the 29 named.
So there are realistically 5 spots in our 29 due march 1 still up for grabs.

We still have 13 days to sign someone before march 1.

There may be a few surprises in store before all is revealed.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8