Parker out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He’d be lucky to break back in at present , even if he was fit
Agree. Koula is locked in as one centre. Harper's defence has been sound in recent games (at least two trysavers) and is running good decoy lines. Also, he's made a couple of line breaks from his own twenty which have resulted in tries - something not seen in Parker's game.

Last edited:
Disagree, I'd bring him straight in over Harper
I must admit I would have said that after the Talakai debacle. I have been very critical of Harper in the past, particularly post a matchup against the likes of Olam etc. To Harper's credit his defence has stiffened up (it had to) and he offers more in attack than Parker - think back to the line break against the Cows when he split them open and set up Garrick. IF Harper maintains his current form then a very close call p.s. I definitely would not move Koula anywhere - especially wing.

Koula is finally starting to get more attacking opportunities in the centres and is largely starting to make the most of them . Too important of a go to player to move , Harper has found something in recent weeks to show he can offer something worthwhile too . The reliability of Parker has to be a serious consideration and Harper v Parker a tough one . Hard to put Parker or Harper on the bench with Walker and the Shu there . Would expect Des to go with the status que in the back line after the Storm win and almost getting the Cows . Guess it just shows that even with out Turbo , still a bit of depth and good playing ability to make the side at least top 8 listing all going well . Again , not much between Harper and Parker in vying for a centre spot .

I think parker would handle an olam, To'o, or talakai better in defense. Tackling low like harper does the opposition player can still offload or break the leg tackle. Everything else harper does is pretty good, offers more in attack too. It depends what you value more defense or attack.

Last edited:
I must admit I would have said that after the Talakai debacle. I have been very critical of Harper in the past, particularly post a matchup against the likes of Olam etc. To Harper's credit his defence has stiffened up (it had to) and he offers more in attack than Parker - think back to the line break against the Cows when he split them open and set up Garrick. IF Harper maintains his current form then a very close call p.s. I definitely would not move Koula anywhere - especially wing.
I disagree. I think Parker offers more in attack than Harper. He runs better lines and he can pass the ball.

Parker is a much better footballer than Harper. OK, Harper has improved over the last few weeks but he is one poor performance away from the entire forum calling for his career to be played out in reserve grade; short memories here.

Apart from Parker's ability to run great lines off Foran and/or decoys to open up the space outside, his yardage carries are excellent, and often result in earning a penalty.

I haven't been a great Harper fan, but his recent form has been irresistible - as in video example. Ultimately, I think our best premiership winning centre pairing will be the Tongan duo.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6