Parker out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Koula to play with Garrick, Foz etc much better for him and the team at this stage.
All we need now is for Des to pull the trigger on Harper - he has got to go! Tuipulotu ready and waiting as 18th man. Would go great on the right, adding some size etc.
Our centre problems could be addressed hopefully
Mate I've not seen one thing from Tuipulotu that says he's better than the current 3/4 in Harper. Sure if we had a staggs or Crichton waiting but come on. This is typical ST Albert hoppa talk.

From fox sports

Late Mail: There were question
marks over Morgan Harper’s
performance last week but it’s Brad Parker who has been replaced by teenager Tolu Koula. Josh Aloiai returns from suspension but hasn’t been able to force his way into the 17

I was thinking Aloiai might come in for Bullemor, but could it be for Marty? No inside info, I just have a feeling he’s been playing injured. Hopefully whoever runs out will be fighting fit, because we’ll need that against Tapine and co.

I was thinking Aloiai might come in for Bullemor, but could it be for Marty? No inside info, I just have a feeling he’s been playing injured. Hopefully whoever runs out will be fighting fit, because we’ll need that against Tapine and co.
Those heart strings of Marty’s look to be playing up..

Mate I've not seen one thing from Tuipulotu that says he's better than the current 3/4 in Harper. Sure if we had a staggs or Crichton waiting but come on. This is typical ST Albert hoppa talk.
Yes he is for the most part unproven, but what I saw in the trials from him was very impressive and I now think he is ready. Tuipulotu is a lot bigger, quicker, bends the line, has great footwork, just generally more dynamic, and poses a far bigger threat than Harper ever will.

Tbh though I never rated Harper, even through a handful of fairly impressive performances last year, in my heart, I always felt like he wouldn't sustain that form, and once others didn't underestimate him, and weekly grind sets in, he is just too frail physically. The only players that small must be super fast, or have excellent playmaking skills. I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but I hate to say he's easily the worst centre in the nrl

Yes he is for the most part unproven, but what I saw in the trials from him was very impressive and I now think he is ready. Tuipulotu is a lot bigger, quicker, bends the line, has great footwork, just generally more dynamic, and poses a far bigger threat than Harper ever will.

Tbh though I never rated Harper, even through a handful of fairly impressive performances last year, in my heart, I always felt like he wouldn't sustain that form, and once others didn't underestimate him, and weekly grind sets in, he is just too frail physically. The only players that small must be super fast, or have excellent playmaking skills. I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but I hate to say he's easily the worst centre in the nrl
some good points there in the second part about Harper.

As for tippy toes I didn't even realize he was in the trial givenhe didn't do anything. that's in my mind anyway and perhaps Im wrong and he was very good?

some good points there in the second part about Harper.

As for tippy toes I didn't even realize he was in the trial givenhe didn't do anything. that's in my mind anyway and perhaps Im wrong and he was very good?
Fair enough.. I was watching him quite closely. He often got bad ball and also in difficult positions, rucking out of corner etc, each run he was a handful for the opposition and got us good momentum by scattering first 1 and 2 defenders and quick play the ball etc

I’d be happy to put up with a kid getting his crack in first grade and making mistakes, than putting up with Harper who has proven (since the Bulldogs) that he isn’t consistent enough to be a first grade footy player.
Sounds like the Moses Suli 2.0 story.

Fair enough.. I was watching him quite closely. He often got bad ball and also in difficult positions, rucking out of corner etc, each run he was a handful for the opposition and got us good momentum by scattering first 1 and 2 defenders and quick play the ball etc
Agreed Tippy Toes was pretty damn impressive in the trials and his carries out of the corner were very Jorge esque

Koula in for Parker. Can we get our beloved @BOZO back to hear his take on this?
I can hear @BOZO's thoughts even though he is not here

AN INJECTION OF SPEED
PURE SPEED
WITH SPEED WE WILL SOAR

GO MANLY

(i am actually hyped to see some more speeeeed in our backline, go Koula (pls take Harpers spot when Parks returns))

I can hear @BOZO's thoughts even though he is not here

AN INJECTION OF SPEED
PURE SPEED
WITH SPEED WE WILL SOAR

GO MANLY

(i am actually hyped to see some more speeeeed in our backline, go Koula (pls take Harpers spot when Parks returns))
SPEED KILLS
and
SPEED KILLS
and....uh....
SPEED KILLS

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolutau Koula
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. James Segeyaro
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Ethan Bullemor

should be our team, straight up. Until the out of touch Desmond addresses our weaknesses, we'll continue to struggle. Raiders will win today based on three things:

1. Destroying us through the middle
2. Rushing defense (so we are choked for yardage)
3. Ruck control / speed (both in attack and defense)

Guys like Croker, Harper & others won't be able to adapt and change that. They are doing their best just to survive in the league.

I have covid right now, (like a bad and persistent flu) and am willing to 'take one for the team' by refraining from doing any supporting, screaming at the screen, this week, if it will do any good at all . . . ..

get well soon!

Would really love Parker to come back and Tolu retains his spot as left centre and Parker goes right and helps out Saaby. Balance to both our outside edge defence and Tolu looked really comfortable and professional out there with Gaz. Really impressed with Tolu.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6