• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Geoff Toovey
untitled.png

Tooves - 168 cm and 70 kg
Alfie Langer - 165 cm and 76 kg

Both premiership winners. Both Origin players. Both test players.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight. Its the size of the fight in the dog.

Here's hoping you guys are right. I didn't expect him to be bigger than Ballin, that surprised me. I guess with a good pre-season training with our FG squad he could be quite the weapon.

Tooves - 168 cm and 70 kg
Alfie Langer - 165 cm and 76 kg

Both premiership winners. Both Origin players. Both test players.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight. Its the size of the fight in the dog.

I take your point but Tooves and Langer would get torn apart playing now if they were the same size they were when playing then.

I just watched the video of him scoring the five tries, and for most of them he was simply Johnny-on-the-spot. He definitely has talent, speed, and a good read of the game. But he was very lucky for most of those tries.

He still had to be on that spot, to take the advantage of those opportunities. Looks a prospect given his ability to back up the play which shows instincts that are on a par with the likes of Snake, DCE and Foran to follow through up the middle of the field, 'just in case'. Says he prefers hooker, but a likely 5/8 option at some point.

Yes they were largely opportunistic try's, rather than creative try's, however he was following the ball runner, something our very own Steve Menzies did to perfection!

As somebody has already mentioned, he didn't have to do much. Just one of those days. After watching it I thought, is that it?

As somebody has already mentioned, he didn't have to do much. Just one of those days. After watching it I thought, is that it?

He had to put himself into position to take advantage of those oppotunities. Its the little 1% things that separate a good player from a great player. Thats the type of player I want in a Manly jersey.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
Was Tooves too small? He used to put blokes like Paul Harragon and Glenn Lazarus on their backsides and both outweighed him by about 30+ kg. And Parcell is bigger than Tooves.

Alfie Langer was another thought to be too small and he proved them wrong.
No problem with Alf being a great footballer for his size but jeez he was different to tooves in the fact that tooves use to bring them down with determination and the Alf loved to throw that little leg otherwise known as a trip and then fall on them. Just saying....

I just watched the video of him scoring the five tries, and for most of them he was simply Johnny-on-the-spot. He definitely has talent, speed, and a good read of the game. But he was very lucky for most of those tries.
True, great fullback like support play, not much for actual hooking play though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8