• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They played the PNG Hunters yesterday, big strong boys, he managed really well.

Watched it. They play a great style, the Jets. Parcell (and the rest of the team) obviously have a bit more of an open licence to play 'whatevs', so it will be interesting to see his development under a bit more direction/structure. But from what he's shown, it won't be a big issue for him.

Just watched the highlights. Parcell looked terrific again.
Ipswich is now in the GF. If the Jets win then we'll see him on GF Day playing the NSW Cup winners.
I'm getting excited about this kid.

Seems to have that rare quality of being able to give himself time to play what is nearly touch footy at the jets...tireless worker, with a cool head on his shoulders.
Damn shame the Walker bros didn't get the knights job, the style of play they have the jets playing is what fans want to see (well I do)...exciting footy.

This kid is special,you watch the way he plays is always in the game,in attack and the way he supports in broken play is great to watch,if Barrett plays him in a smart way nxt year against a tiring defense then the sky's the limit with this very talented player.

Im just hoping the forwards can give our backs some space so we can see how creative and exciting DCE and Parcell can be.

Would love just a no nonsense pack of under rated forwards who just motor forward. Something like this would be ideal
Props Jake, Shannon Boyd, Paul Vaughan
Second Row Buhrer, Taukeiaho, Taupau
Bench Lewis, Mataeo, Matagi

Would give DCE and Parcell a great platform with the defense back pedaling. Our outside backs would do the rest

Im just hoping the forwards can give our backs some space so we can see how creative and exciting DCE and Parcell can be.

Would love just a no nonsense pack of under rated forwards who just motor forward. Something like this would be ideal

Would give DCE and Parcell a great platform with the defense back pedaling. Our outside backs would do the rest
Sounds like a good idea feathered friend

I wouldn't call half those guys under rated.

I wouldn't call half those guys under rated.

Yeah, not now I guess, but before the season started they were nobodies, players like Boyd, Vaughan, Taukeiaho, Taupau and were not on huge coin. Probably still not, but just solid players that charge into the line tirelessly.

He will take over Api within 10 rounds. The kid is a gun, and will surprise many.
The most exciting addition for next year for mine. It's fine to make breaks, but more important to finish them off. With Parcell in the middle, we have a player who will be consistently there to convert opportunities, as well as creating a good few.

Beaver Boy is right. We have a gun in this Parcell. Be alert, not alarmed.

Seems to have that rare quality of being able to give himself time to play what is nearly touch footy at the jets...tireless worker, with a cool head on his shoulders.
Damn shame the Walker bros didn't get the knights job, the style of play they have the jets playing is what fans want to see (well I do)...exciting footy.

Four standouts from the Walker brothers work that is refreshing;
  • They rarely talk to their team at halftime. In their final against Easts Tigers last week, they didn't speak with them, despite the close scoreline. They have faith in the leaders within the playing group to motivate the team and reset any issues they've got.
  • They love the short kick-off. You know it's coming and it doesn't matter what the scoreboard indicates. They want possession and will take the 20-30 metre hit if it doesn't come off.
  • In attack, the players will not hesitate to run sideways and pass back to another player to run the other way. They will zig-zag across the field 3-4 times in the same play as the opposition hold their line, and their patience is often rewarded if a defender is impatient and creates a small opening for them to hit. May not work in the NRL, but it is a fantastic ploy at this level.
  • They don't lay on the opposition attackers for longer than they need to. The Walker philosophy is to have more possession and the sooner the opposition finish their set, the quicker the Jets receive the ball.
They are a very fit side and I'd contend that this is what is setting them apart from the rest of the competition and allowing them to play the way they do. I think some of what the Walker's coach can work in the NRL, but I think the pace, strength and structures would nullify a few of their tactics.

Be interesting to see how their coaching techniques would transpose to the NRL.

I was hoping they'd have got the Knights job to see!

Love that forward pack; however, I wouldn't call them under rated. Vaughan, Taukeiaho and especially Taupau are quality forawrds that people are taking notice of. Boyd is a beast as well, and is getting attention. If we had that pack along with the rest of our squad we'd be holding up the trophy come October.

Just getting right off the topic .. Ipswich apparently were a long way behind some other clubs so far as financial resources. There are 3 amazing thing about this story, what they achieved, how they achieved it and what they had to achieve it.

Now who the hell is this Parcell character?

Four standouts from the Walker brothers work that is refreshing;
  • They rarely talk to their team at halftime. In their final against Easts Tigers last week, they didn't speak with them, despite the close scoreline. They have faith in the leaders within the playing group to motivate the team and reset any issues they've got.
  • They love the short kick-off. You know it's coming and it doesn't matter what the scoreboard indicates. They want possession and will take the 20-30 metre hit if it doesn't come off.
  • In attack, the players will not hesitate to run sideways and pass back to another player to run the other way. They will zig-zag across the field 3-4 times in the same play as the opposition hold their line, and their patience is often rewarded if a defender is impatient and creates a small opening for them to hit. May not work in the NRL, but it is a fantastic ploy at this level.
  • They don't lay on the opposition attackers for longer than they need to. The Walker philosophy is to have more possession and the sooner the opposition finish their set, the quicker the Jets receive the ball.
They are a very fit side and I'd contend that this is what is setting them apart from the rest of the competition and allowing them to play the way they do. I think some of what the Walker's coach can work in the NRL, but I think the pace, strength and structures would nullify a few of their tactics.
Limited decoy plays also which is great to see.

Just getting right off the topic .. Ipswich apparently were a long way behind some other clubs so far as financial resources. There are 3 amazing thing about this story, what they achieved, how they achieved it and what they had to achieve it.

Now who the hell is this Parcell character?

The Jets play quite a different game plan to the norm, it will be interesting ( if thy beat the Townsvile Blackhawks......who by the way are a first year side in QCup so have done very well to get to the GF) to see them play the winner of the NSW Cup ( then you can all get to see our new signing play ), just like you got to see Leary playing for the Pride last year.

I'm sure he has a way to go, and you often see players struggling in the jump up to NRL level, but the commentators up here reckon this kid has SOO written over him, so yes I think we have a ripper signing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8